Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coopersville

Future Doom Comic?

http://zonerfiles.netfirms.com/coopersville/DCover.JPG
For a while I've been planning to make a short Doom comic series based on the three (maybe the forth) episodes of Doom and Doom 2.
I've been stalling on creating it because of another comic series I draw up but I plan to make it after I finish the one I'm doing now.
This is the cover for the first comic, "Knee Deep in the Dead," of course.
At most this is just the rough copy, I still got to draw in the back ground which I'm still thinking up. I figure it'll be an over-head view of the moon base. I also have to make the lines bolder, add more texture, do some shading, give it a boarder, etc.
I also need a storyline for the comic to follow. Simply going around shooting monsters, looking for keys and such isn't much filler and I don't want it to end up being like that one comic, you know, the one everybody hates, where you got DoomGuy going around, talking to himself, looking for the BFG to kill the Cyberdemon that isn't even in Knee Deep in the Dead.*gasp*
I need a story that'll make up at least 15 eight frame pages per comic. Being a forum newbie and having no one really know me, you may not want to help me, but I was wondering if anyone's up for writing a fanfic on the first episode and the others if you like, or different writers in these forums could do different episodes of Doom as long as they pick up from the last written. I need something to base my storyline on and you'll be in the credits.
Uh, thanks in advance to anyone who'll do it...

UPDATE:http://zonerfiles.netfirms.com/coopersville/DCover2.JPG Here's the better, finished version. This scan will do until I have it done in better quality at a friend's house.

The story should be he is looking for his Marine lover (give her a name), then later make it so he finds her and then make a thing a box that says *censored* then *5 minutes later* then have them putting back on their clothing. No you don't like that idea? Hmm...make it so he is looking for a working radio or something that he can get a signal to Earth with or something.

If I were you I would put more than one main human character (no more than four, though)... trust me, it'll be easier to come up with a storyline that way and it'll also add some dialog to the story.

By the way, IMO means "in my opinion", similarly IMHO means "in my humble opinion".

You should make the story about him trying to find the BFG, all the while spouting odd insults and bizarre catch phrases at all the demons for no dicernable reason.

j/k

the_Danarchist said:

You should make the story about him trying to find the BFG, all the while spouting odd insults and bizarre catch phrases at all the demons for no dicernable reason.

j/k

YOU'RE STUPID! AND YOU'RE GONNA BE STUPID AND DEAD!

OH GREAT NOW I'M RADIOACTIVE! THAT CAN'T BE GOOD!

I BLOWED THAT SPECTRE UP REAL GOOD!

FEEL THE SWEET SUGARY KISS OF HEAVY ORDANINCE!

Hmm, you probably have to add a few survivors to add dialogue to the story, but I think they should be killed off later in the comic so that the Doomguy ends up being alone again.

Of course the Doomguy shouldn't talk to himself, but make it so that he thinks stuff like "What the Hell are these things?", "Where did these fuckers come from???" and stuff like that.

And it should be rather easy to add more story to it than that ghastly comic we all despise.
A suggestion for the Doom 1 story would be something about the system having gone berserk, a computer malfunction has caused the base's life support to slowly getting drained and the Doomguy must find means to get the system back online and prevent the life support system from getting drained.
As for the Doom 2 story line, add lots of additional characters - the Doomguy starts out participating in an all-out assault on the starbase, where lots of soldiers die (think of a futuristic version of D-day, the Normady beach landings), the doomguy gets seperated from his buddies amidst the confusion (but he's made it inside the base) and is alone once again (also this time he'll find other survivors, but they don't get killed off, but instead they leave with the rest of the humans that are being evacuated after the star port is retaken).

bigbadgangsta said:

The story should be he is looking for his Marine lover (give her a name), then later make it so he finds her and then make a thing a box that says *censored* then *5 minutes later* then have them putting back on their clothing.

this is a terrible idea. there are so many better, more original stories you could do about doom that don't involve some stupid chick.

Thanks for the input for story ideas so far, I've pretty much just been thinking up the story for the comics lately. The idea of adding a few extra characters and having them die off later and having DoomGuy going around, trying to communicate with earth are helping. The Doom2 story intro sounds really good, by the time he's gotten to the Doom2 part he'd be really bitter and quiet, kinda Spawn-ish. oh, those clever comments for the Marine to make are awesome!

YOU'RE STUPID! AND YOU'RE GONNA BE STUPID AND DEAD!

OH GREAT NOW I'M RADIOACTIVE! THAT CAN'T BE GOOD!

I BLOWED THAT SPECTRE UP REAL GOOD!

FEEL THE SWEET SUGARY KISS OF HEAVY ORDANINCE!

*rolls eyes*

Comments to the actual pic itself: The Doomguy looks too much like a boy - kinda reminds me of a Manga cartoon. Furthermore, his hair looks a little odd and seems to add to the boyish look.
My suggestions: Make his nose a little bigger and his head a little less round.
But the armour looks pretty cool I think.

Boy, now I feel like doing a Doom comic - shame that I don't have time for that.

I'm kinda dissapointed you didn't make the logo 3d like the original doom. Dunno, maybe if you added some texture to the current one. I'm just proposing this though I don't know if it would look better or worse.

um, well the style I'm drawing it in is Manga so that's why he looks so cute and boyish, the hair and armor I gave him is loosly based off of wasted's Maine drawing (my favourite picture here), the only thing I'd change is those holes in the chest area.
His look is greatly improved from the original I once had IMO.
http://zonerfiles.netfirms.com/coopersville/doomguy.JPG
That's the original I drew up in Math class a few months ago, I guess it's good I've been stalling to make this comic. The char's pretty much everything a space marine shouldn't, with the long black spikey DBZ-ish hair, plain dull looking armor, bigger more boyish looking eyes and longer gloves.

I just can't picture a helmet going over hair like that. Reminds me of DragonBall Z haircuts.

The marines wouldn't let a haircut like that fly. That mop would be buzzed in an instant!

orion said:

Reminds me of DragonBall Z haircuts.

Looks more like Sonic the Hedgehog to me ;)

Coopersville said:

um, well the style I'm drawing it in is Manga so that's why he looks so cute and boyish, the hair and armor I gave him is loosly based off of

Ack!!!!!!!

Ack indeed.. the manga style doesnt fit with a doom comic.. and it looks more like pokemon now