• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZALGO

Favorite Anime soundtracks people

Two anime songs hit me in the feels everytime:

• One more time, one more chance from Five Centimeters per second
  • Hikaru Nara the 1st OP of Your Lie in April

It brings back memories of those particular shows and how get wrenching they are.

1 hour ago, RUSH said:

That music is not from anime.

It's by English prog-rock band "Yes" from their album "Fragile."

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure has many characters whose names are borrowed from famous rock bands.  Another prominent example of this is the English prog-rock band "King Crimson." 

Wrong, it was produced solely for the meme "to be continued" and nothing more. The song never existed in 1972, and Yes is simply a made up band of imaginary silly people.

=]

I do love Jojo's great names/tributes to musician legends like Dio. Great stuff. Soundtracks often include stuff not made for the film/series, take Scorsese's Goodfellas, The Big Lebowski's soundtrack, etc. Original scores are great too, or a mix of both.

One great example is FLCL, with all that music by great band The Pillows. Some made for the show, some is like a greatest hits of their previous hit songs.

Great to see Kenshin on this page, my all time fav series, great music too.

So much anime music to choose from. I dig the jazzy soundtracks of Lupin the Third and Cowboy Bebop, Trigun is great, and countless cool opening and ending theme songs by great musicians out there.

I'll post a The Pillows pick from FLCL. First anime soundtrack I bought on imported CD from an anime store in High School.

This is a bit of an odd example, because I've never watched this particular anime (or much anime at all for that matter), but I really, really dig this track from Gintama. I was first exposed to it while playing Goldeneye Source, where it was used for a custom level, and I took a liking to it right away. It has that wistful, nostalgic feel to it that affects a lot of emotions in me. One year, I decided I would watch the sunset while listening to it, and eventually did. It's definitely a reminder of the happier times for Goldeneye Source in general before things went down the shitter. Great tune.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:45 AM, SuperCupcakeTactics said:

Hellsing (The original anime adaptation's soundtrack)

Berserk (Oh gosh why is that Ball MIDI there whyyy!?)

Yu Yu Hakusho (Mm I just can't get enough of it, also a ton of songs on various albums related to the series)

Cowboy Bebop

Code Geass (When I want to pace around thinking epicly)

Gun X Sword

Trigun

Neon Genesis Evangelion + End of Evangelion

Bleach

Case Closed/Detective Conan

Eureka Seven

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part II

Kino no Tabi

Whatever that opening sound was in Memories: Magnetic Rose because I need more of that

Misc openings that I remember liking: Darker Than Black OP2, Those Who Hunt Elves, and all those Cutey Honey openings

I just started watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and I've become one of them JoJo fans now because of it lol.

Hellsing was a great anime that I enjoyed a ton and the soundtrack helps a ton.

I love Berserk's soundtrack, got me into the series as a whole.

But yeah those are some great pieces out there. My sister has been watching Nichijou as well and I quite like the concept behind the anime. (Soundtrack's good as well)

8 hours ago, Ajora said:

It just dawned on me that nobody thought to mention the opening theme to Elfen Lied. How strange.

My sister first told me of Elfen Lied, and I finished the series in a bit of a depressing matter. Poor Lucy :(

One time in High school, one of the students played this song on the piano and told me I was the only one who recognized the theme. Kinda shows how little known the show kinda is (Emphasis on kinda).

Anyway, Sorry if I haven't posted much about my opinions on the soundtracks, I tend to stay online for only so long before I just don't post at all until a few weeks after my last post. However, I can say that these are some great pieces of music that I have heard in a good long while. A lot of these soundtracks coming from anime that I now want to really check out, so thanks guys, and keep it up. :)

On 6/26/2017 at 6:01 PM, ZALGO said:

My sister first told me of Elfen Lied, and I finished the series in a bit of a depressing matter. Poor Lucy :(

One time in High school, one of the students played this song on the piano and told me I was the only one who recognized the theme. Kinda shows how little known the show kinda is (Emphasis on kinda).

I think it's good but heavily flawed. It's compelling and has very interesting ideas, but a lot of it just feels emotionally manipulative and forced. Tough to get through, but worth watching at least once. I actually wouldn't mind seeing it remade. 

Edited by Ajora