Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anotak

lilith.pk3 - /idgames release!

9 hours ago, anotak said:

the biggest thing holding me back with regard to eternity in particular is not liking SLADE or GZDB-BF much.

SLADE's pretty fine now that I removed a decent amount of hard-coding and updated/created configs.

GZDB-BF is a lost cause when it comes to this. A total rewrite would be in order if you actually wanted to remove the hard-coding, just given how its interface is. At the very least, I made it some level of useable as prior to a diff I sent to MaxED, it simply couldn't do offsetting in EE UDMF. printz did the bulk of the actual config stuff though for GZDB.

Back on-topic, I'm glad to see this out in the public's hands. Testing this was a blast, and it's certainly unlike anything I've seen before in the Doom wadscene.

oh it was more about me not liking the workflow in those tools

edit:

8 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

@anotakI'm currently uploading the final parts of your mapset. I say that I enjoyed playing it but the last map was hard (you'll see it). This is an unique mapset that no one could expect at this point. I appreciated that the mapset is short because, if it had more maps, the mapset would loss its touch...meaning that it would be repetitive watching the effects all over again. Nonetheless, it's a fun mapset to play.

oh, i missed this because of the page break. thank you, i'll check it out.

Edited by anotak

27 minutes ago, anotak said:

edit:

oh, i missed this because of the page break. thank you, i'll check it out.

sometimes a 502 error happens in this page -_-

The video finale is coming in 2 more hours btw

On 7/26/2017 at 1:30 PM, Salt-Man Z said:

On the contrary, I think it does a great job of not overstaying its welcome. It starts out with shorter maps to get you acclimated, and builds up to a couple of big showdowns. By the time you get there, you've mostly adjusted to the bizarro graphics and effects. I think anything beyond MAP08 would have been too much, but where it stops now hits the sweet spot.

About the only improvement I can think of would be if the first level was (or started out) completely normal before everything slowly (or quickly?) gets corrupted. Not sure if that would even be possible, though. Either way, this is still brilliant. "Unnerving" is probably the best way to describe it.

I'd say it overstays its welcome by... about one map. I had enjoyed it a ton but was ready for the end after Map07. On top of having had my fill by that point, I couldn't make any sense of 08 and found myself ending the experience with a really negative reaction. Which I shouldn't have, because I LOVED the rest of the WAD. If it was me, I'd cut Map08, move every map over one slot, and add some kind of "normal" Map01 that starts glitching out by the end, like Salt-Man suggests. But it's not me, so... grain of salt, etc.

thank you all so much for the feedback. <3

i tried my best to improve upon RC1 and create RC2 (edit: link removed bc /idgames release is out)

still zdoom 2.8.1 / zdoom LE only (not qz/gz/zandro)

here's some new screens. of something mildly secret maybe.

DSI9fBYl.png
W9BXMhCl.png
7LNr3CZl.png
iXhrmsYl.png

Edited by anotak

hey, just a tiny update:

thinking about uploading to idgames maybe some point in the next week or so if nobody finds anything wrong

I'm gonna be entirely honest here: while there's no denying the insane amounts of creativity at work here, this is one of those mods that I can only play for so long. With all the glitchiness going on, it gets pretty disorienting to look at after a while, let alone play.

6 hours ago, MFG38 said:

I'm gonna be entirely honest here: while there's no denying the insane amounts of creativity at work here, this is one of those mods that I can only play for so long. With all the glitchiness going on, it gets pretty disorienting to look at after a while, let alone play.

sorry about that

i hope that the people that do enjoy it, enjoy it a lot, though

i uploaded it to idgames, it's here. the doomworld side hasn't updated yet. this is the same as RC2. i'll be editing the OP when doomworld updates

Congrats on the release! Sorry for the lack of feedback after RC2, but hey, I think it's going to be just fine!

11 hours ago, dew said:

Congrats on the release! Sorry for the lack of feedback after RC2, but hey, I think it's going to be just fine!

np, thank you for the feedback and help you did give even before that, the stuff you told me helped a lot

So... Are the maps supposed to look like that or is it just my machine screwing up?

12 minutes ago, CeeJay said:

So... Are the maps supposed to look like that or is it just my machine screwing up?

Does it look like the screenshots that are in this thread?

1 hour ago, CeeJay said:

maybe

That was amazing. Couple or more questions tho

1) Why you didnt release the flood map, that was ready?

2) Was the last intermission message a nod to something?

3) Do you gain something by playing on secret difficulties, or they are just there for adittional glitchiness feel?

4) I luv u.

1 hour ago, Poohlyash said:

That was amazing. Couple or more questions tho

1) Why you didnt release the flood map, that was ready?

2) Was the last intermission message a nod to something?

3) Do you gain something by playing on secret difficulties, or they are just there for adittional glitchiness feel?

4) I luv u.

1) didn't feel like it fit pacing-wise or tone-wise, but it was too tied up into my ideas for lilith for it's own separate release. i left it in as a bit of an easter egg for those that went exploring

2) you could say that

3) not anything extra beyond the intrinsic value of playing them. they're mainly there for the people that felt uv was way too easy tbh

4) thanks! <3

someone on an irc asked for the soundtrack so i figured i'd upload it

http://www.sf4remix.com/lilith/lilith-pk3-soundtrack.zip

mediafire mirror:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aui38rms6pzfog8/lilith-pk3-soundtrack.zip

also for anyone curious that sound in D_WAD3 (the track for MAP08) is what doom2.wad sounds like loaded as a raw audio file. that sort of rhythm at the start for example is the sound of each successive map lump

Edited by anotak

1 hour ago, anotak said:

someone on an irc asked for the soundtrack so i figured i'd upload it

http://www.sf4remix.com/lilith/lilith-pk3-soundtrack.zip

mediafire mirror:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aui38rms6pzfog8/lilith-pk3-soundtrack.zip

also for anyone curious that sound in D_WAD3 (the track for MAP08) is what doom2.wad sounds like loaded as a raw audio file. that sort of rhythm at the start for example is the sound of each successive map lump

أنت من دبي الحق؟

24 minutes ago, A7MAD said:

أنت من دبي الحق؟

um

if google translate is serving me right

no, i'm not from dubai

Hi !

First of all congratulations for the win, I think the wad has a great soundtrack and the visuals transmit weirdness. I like it.

I would like to play this with some type of mod.

Whichever.

I would like to change the sounds of the weapons.

Do you know if I can play this with something? (Brutal Doom, Complex Doom, Project Brutality, Whichever)

I´ve read your wad is only complatible with zdoom 2.8.1 and I don´t know if I can play it with mods because I use GZDoom or Zandronum.

Sorry for having not so much information and thank you in advance.

On 7/24/2017 at 1:03 PM, Breezeep said:

Graf Zahl's gonna throw a fit when he sees this.

And sure enough, he did.