Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anotak

lilith.pk3 - /idgames release!

G̵l̵i̴t̶c̴h̴e̷d̶ ̷D̶o̵o̴m̷,̴ ̶e̵h̷?̷ ̵I̵ ̶w̶a̵i̷t̶i̴n̸g̵ ̵t̸o̴ ̸p̸l̵a̷y̷ ̴t̷h̴i̶s̴!̴

49 minutes ago, StevieCybernetik said:

Is there a reason for this cringe or...

Ah, now there's no need to be rash! I don't know the motive for this WAD, but... Eh, looks cool. Would be pretty neat if it coupled with other WADs. 

some more screenshots and a bump for [edit: link removed because RC2 is here] (note: you need zdoom 2.8.1 or zdoomle. not qz/gz/zandro).

8Kx7h5Nl.png

Lw8Mh65l.png

Edited by anotak : yea

2 hours ago, anotak said:

(note: you need zdoom 2.8.1 or zdoomle. not qz/gz/zandro).

Mind if I ask why? Haven't tried to run it with those engines, but I think it's pretty weird it wouldn't work with GZDoom's software renderer.

7 minutes ago, Albertoni said:

Mind if I ask why? Haven't tried to run it with those engines, but I think it's pretty weird it wouldn't work with GZDoom's software renderer.

i abuse quirks of how mirrors, portals, and 3d floors work (or perhaps, DON'T work) in the older renderer. in the newer software & hardware renderers, a lot of the areas just dont look very glitchy, and go down to an unplayable 2-3fps, and in the case of one area when i was first testing on gzdoom, actually caused a crashes to desktop. zandronum also just has some differences with how it handles certain linedef triggers and 3d floors that were causing players to get stuck.

basically, since i'm breaking the game with hacky weirdness, by definition the target platform has to be narrower. which is unfortunate :(

wtf this is good

wtf my zalgotext generator is corrupted

wtf this is ironic

wtf just ignore the above and play this wad, it's wtf-genius

Before I download, can someone explain, in normal non-zalgo words, exactly what is this mod? A mapset? Megawad? Weapons? Gameplay mod? Jokewad? No proper description given.

20 minutes ago, Voros said:

A mapset? Megawad? Weapons? Gameplay mod? Jokewad? No proper description given.

Yes.

Seriously, this is the kind of stuff that the less you know beforehand, the better your experience will be. I'd advise against loading anything alongside it though.

I got curious turned on Image Loading in my browser.

WTF THIS LOOKS BEAUTIFUL

thank you!

yes, there are maps, and such;

intended to be played with doom2.wad and nothing else loaded

Good to see this project finally released! And named, heh. Exploring the wad with almost no context or spoilers was a lot of fun, it's amazing to see something so far removed from... the norm?

Btw, since legacy Zdoom is required, maybe you could add a download link for 2.8.1 to the OP.

I feel unsafe now after I finished this. It's more like a bad trip where glitches become real hell. 

I started playing it and it's impressively bizarre and freakish. I "know" that it's just a bunch of purposely munged-up graphics with ACS scripts to make things weird but it really feels like a somehow circuit-bended version of Doom. The only thing I can really compare it to is the old demo for https://xra.itch.io/memory-of-a-broken-dimension and even that is not really accurate.

I fucking love this. Felt pretty unsettling in places, especially some of the music renditions (which were probably my favourite part of the wad). I'm always hungry for Doom content that is creepy and quasi-inexplicable, so I hope that this influences a few things down the line.

One thing worth highlighting in particular is how "uncanny-valley-ish" the maps are. Guru Meditation in particular seriously feels like it used to be something sane before getting cartridge-tilted out of existence. It's that factor that makes this wad really shine, and not just be a splattering of randomness.

thank you all so much for the kind words. <3

it means a lot to me.

i'm glad the feelings i put into it came through!

Very good mod, a real trip. Definitely enjoyed it. The screenshots don't do it justice, seeing it in motion is very different.