Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
silentzorah

Post-"Project: Doom" Repository

Hey guys.  Just thought I'd post some of the MIDI songs I've done that aren't Project: Doom related.  You know, that one cringy MIDI remix album I put together, circa 2008.  I don't really deal in MIDI sequencing anymore for reasons I'd not like to discuss here, but I would like to share some of the more obscure iD stuff I've put together.  Y'know, kind of as a "last hurrah."

That said, please enjoy.  Or not, that's cool too.

Ultimate DooMix

Sort of an experimental project, mixing songs in the style of other songs.  Y'know, like Switcheroom, except with the music.

PSX Doom Stuff

Covered a couple of PSX tracks.  Timing's a little tough, due to the amelodic nature of the soundtrack, but hey, I thought it'd be fun.

Quake Stuff

Yeah, the original.  Not my Quake II stuff.  Those covers are arse.

Project: Redux

I was gonna use these for Doom Gaiden, but I got kinda bored building the second episode.  I dunno if I'll ever finish it, so I'd like to release the songs I was gonna use for it anyway.

Newfangled DEWM

• BFG Division
    • First MIDI sequence in two years, wooo!!  I still suck at this shit.

The Archive

This is everything.  Literally every MIDI song I've released, in one zip.  Good, bad, it's all here.

So uh, yeah.  That's about it.  You're more than welcome to use these in your projects, as you see fit.

Happy listening!

Edited by silentzorah : New content: On the Hunt, Intermission From DOOM, The End of DOOM

The AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA song works better in MIDI than I expected. Kudos!

BTW a few weeks ago I looked at your site and one of the songs I tried to download was 404. Ymir from Terminal Velocity, listed on https://zorasoft.net/midi-nt.html

Hey, if you're no longer making MIDIs, how about making a big zip archive of them all?

I'll have that fixed as soon as possible.  Could possibly archive 'em, too.  Will think about that.

@Gez I've updated the OP with a link to the complete archive.  Nearly everything I've written since 2003 is in there.  Check it out.

I've got some new stuff to share.  Though not necessarily Doom related, I did feel it necessary to release some of my newer MIDI covers here for use in projects 'n such.  Getting more into the swing of it now, though I doubt I'll be as active with sequencing as I was while I was in college.  Anyway, these might go good in some slaughter or boss maps or something.

F-Zero X

• Crazy Call at Cry (v1.1)
    • Updated from the original archive in OP.  This one's been significantly altered with pitch bends, echo channels, and a reworked rhythm guitar.  Still missing that awesome pick slide in the intro, though.  Might go good for a boss level.
  • Endless Challenge (v2.0)
    • Completely remade from scratch.  Dunno what this might go good with, but here it is anyway.
  • Drivin' Through on Max (v2.0)
    • Also completely redone from scratch.  Might work for a particularly hectic techbase level, maybe a short map.  Think Scythe, I guess.
  • Fall Down to the Scream
    • Okay, so, funny story on this.  This one's actually a really old one from 2006 that I never finished.  Don't know why.  Could be because of the inaccuracies, but I decided to finish it up and release it anyway.  Twelve f*cking years and three hard drives this one's gone through, what a trooper.  Anyway, this would go great for a slaughter map, IMO.
  • Decide in the Eyes (v2.0)
    • Another one redone from scratch.  I literally rewrote this one for two reasons - One because a buddy wanted me to throw this through an SNES F-Zero soundfont to complete a music set he was collecting, and the second because someone legit did a pretty awesome Big Blue track in Skulltag some years ago.  Had fun with this one.

That's all I've got for today.  Again, you guys have got free reign to use these for whatever you want.  Will update the archive in OP later.

New stuff today.  Took me a while to get back to this, my old install of NWC apparently wouldn't work on this new system I'm on.  Finally broke down and got a new version.  In any case...

Ultimate Doom

• Dark Halls (Redux)
    • I feel like the original 2008 release was a little bit overkill as far as metal-wise for this track.  So I went back and reworked it from the ground up.  Just enough metal undertones to remind you that yes, you are stupid overpowered and blowing shit up.
  • Hiding the Secrets (Redux)
    • 2008 release was a bit barebones.  I decided to work this one with a definitively heavier tone.  I guess years of listening to Thumpmonk's amazing cover sorta influenced this.

That's it for today.  As usual, no permission is needed to use these, only credit when used.

Hey, y'know what?  Three more tracks and I'll have covered all the E1 stuff.  Again.  We'll see if that comes to fruition. 

Could be fun, though.

Edited by silentzorah : Added permission/credit requirement for usage

Last few for a while.  Wanted to get these out sooner, but you know how it is.  Without further ado...

Ultimate Doom

• On the Hunt (Redux)
    • To be honest, I've had this stuck in my head for years now, and it feels good to finally be able to put it into form.  Admittedly, one of my favorite things to do is to take a short loop of music and extend it into something much more fulfilling.  So this was my attempt at doing such with this song.
  • Intermission From DOOM (Redux)
    • ...Come on.  You knew I was going to take another crack at this one, for sure.  The goal of this one was to ditch the techno junk from the 2008 version and turn it into something hard hitting.  Think I succeeded.
  • The End of DOOM (Redux)
    • I'll admit, I was kinda disappointed with the 2008 version.  For this, I wanted to change the feel from the original.  While Prince's version conveys a feeling of, "You barely survived," I wanted this piece to scream, "You just killed everything."

Don't know if I'll put any more of these together, but if I do, they'll certainly end up here.  As with the others, feel free to use in your projects, just credit when used.

See y'all round.

I also posted this on the ZDoom thread of the same name to give silentzorah's Doom Redux tracks some dynamics with the left/right tracking and approximate volumes compared to the original IWAD MIDIs..

Link