Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nine Inch Heels

Recycled Community Project (RC available)

Yeah, good to know that the proper version is available now, because that was actually something that really concerned me quite a bit. I have no idea what the issue there was, because usually dropbox would just replace the files on its own.

Alright, i downloaded the new link and the map is now updated! everything looked fine, glad we got that sorted out, thanks.

Short update: I put in text for the intermissions, and used a black/white version of the titlepic as interpic, because I thought that it looked quite alright.

Only thing left to do is putting the readme together, so your guys's comments and so on are all in the right place. If I feel like it, I might try and see if I can get rid of the intermission text between map 06 and map 07, because that doesn't really belong there I believe.

EDIT: New version should be available from the link I posted previously, if you want to have a look.

So I noticed a weird bug when trying to record a demo for my map, in GZDOOM, the boss texture shows up fine in this spot, but in prboom+ i get this:  

image.png.1b5b0a29bf878e5c252c55ec86611b3b.png

19 minutes ago, DerFurer'sFace said:

So I noticed a weird bug when trying to record a demo for my map, in GZDOOM, the boss texture shows up fine in this spot, but in prboom+ i get this:

Please tell me you didn't use more stock textures in your most recent version than in the previous one...

EDIT: In any case, consider me baffled... I'll give this a look now...

Edited by Nine Inch Heels

13 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Please tell me you didn't use more stock textures in your most recent version than in the previous one...

EDIT: In any case, consider me baffled... I'll give this a look now...

Its just ZZZFACE6, it was there from the start, idk why its bugged and i'm sorry my map is apparently causing such grief.

Just now, DerFurer'sFace said:

Its just ZZZFACE6, it was there from the start, idk why its bugged and i'm sorry my map is apparently causing such grief.

What I don't get is how GZDoom uses that texture from the iWAD properly and PrBoom+ does not, but that's a topic for another day. I'll make sure to get this fixed ASAP. I seriously hope there isn't gonna be more of that down the line though.

If its too much, just change it to ZZZFACE8 since i used that in the map and that texture works fine

Well, I don't think it's gonna look as nice, so I don't wanna resort to a "lazy" option. :p

EDIT: I uploaded a fixed version... Here's hoping that the upload worked properly and we don't stumble upon more of these texture issues. :p

Edited by Nine Inch Heels

12 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

EDIT: I uploaded a fixed version... Here's hoping that the upload worked properly and we don't stumble upon more of these texture issues. :p

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but STARTAN2 and SPCDOOR4 don't want to work either, PRBOOM has problems :/

(PICS in PRBOOM+ and GZDOOM respectively).

but i did a whole map playthrough and those were the last ones I noticed.

image.png

Screenshot_Doom_20180319_090005.png

Maybe it's node issues? I don't know, but maybe it's worth to change node builder and check if map still has this mess. 

@Myst.Haruko not in this particular case: Unless Heels compiled using doombuilder+"save map into", but that's not the case here.  In this case, it's a TEXTURE1 lump thing.  I opened up the latest download and the offending textures are just not defined in the lump.  Looks like some textures got chewed up between Slade3 and Heels.  I also notice some of STARTAN2's patches are missing, so the problem could've be downstream from that as well when "cleaning up" redundant patches/textures in Slade3.

source off knowledge: I tried putting a sky into a Pigeon speed-map once and it was a catastrophe, but i learned stuff.

Also, @Nine Inch Heels, I'd recommend labeling each uploaded version recycled_rc1.wad, recycled_rc2.wad, etc to remove assumptions about how Dropbox manages their files and links, unless you are trying to cut down on storage volume or something.

also, you have a weird track record of posting right in the middle of me writing my own posts.  i don't mean to creep you out lol.

6 hours ago, NoisyVelvet said:

I also notice some of STARTAN2's patches are missing, so the problem could've be downstream from that as well when "cleaning up" redundant patches/textures in Slade3.

The thing is, when I made the first compilation, I assumed that all the required resources were set in stone, and the only fixes that would need to be made were gonna be some debugging here and there, or maybe some alignment work, so I tossed out all the stuff that wasn't needed at the time. Now it turns out that some of the textures are required as of late, due to some edits that have been made, which is why I need to do the repeated patchworking here.

That said, I'd rather do this now, before putting up a "RC" of some sort, because it's easier to keep track of smaller occurrences of issues rather than a large heap of it at once.

EDIT: Also I put up an update. Let's hope for the best, and be ready for the worst.

Could you include dropbox link in the first post too? It would be easier to find one, unless I'm blind and I can't see it. 

I'll include one when this texture issue is taken care of. I have very little interest in getting told the same thing by several people at this point, thus I want to be confident that there are no texture issues with DFF's map before I put up a RC.

@Nine Inch Heels i'll triple check but as far as I found it was just STARTAN2 and SPCDOOR2 in that final yellowkey room.

Double checked, those were the only other problematic textures i could find, also i found 2 general game errors that i was wondering if you could quickly fix (rather than me uploading another map version to supplant)? The secret switch by the crates near the helipad is offset and needs to be shifted so the switch is showing, and the teleport destinations in the red key room don't spawn on medium.

If you could change that i'd be thankful, or i can just fix them myself if that's honestly easier.

Edited by DerFurer'sFace

Okay, put the demo in, put the release candidate in my dropbox and it's uploading. Unless this upload ends up being an attempt at pushing a coconut through a garden hose (which it did yesterday for some reason), we'll have an updated OP in a bit as well as two open slots for demos for people to make, if they are interested.

Downloaded just to get known about map-list inside a wad :)

And OMG I FORGOT TO "unpeg" A "DOORTRAK" TEXTURE IN THE VERY FIRST DOOR ON MY LEVEL. Please, fix it, I would be grateful.

BTW, next map after my "big teleport" is very good choice. I mean, when Doomguy goes into the portal, he can't know where it goes. And...it goes to very good map :p

P.S.: Would you add my "startup loading" screen into this wad?

1 hour ago, DeXiaZ said:

And OMG I FORGOT TO "unpeg" A "DOORTRAK" TEXTURE IN THE VERY FIRST DOOR ON MY LEVEL. Please, fix it, I would be grateful.

Okay, I'll get it taken care of. It turns out I still also need to fix DFF's switch and teleport destination, so I'll do these two things later today when I have the time to spare.

I'll also try and see how to get your startup screen into the wad, which is something I have never done before, so it'll take me a a moment, I suppose.

I thought the order in which I put the maps would at least make some sense in terms of theme.

Once all the small kinks have been taken care of, I'll upload it to /idgames with an appropriate readme, for that matter.

oh man, I've been off for months I missed the launch party :(

49 minutes ago, R1ck said:

oh man, I've been off for months I missed the launch party :(

Welcome back dude :)

Being archvile and resurrecting this thread to ask if this project will ever see proper idgames release?