Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nine Inch Heels

Recycled Community Project (RC available)

1 minute ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

You mean "lower-unpegged" thing? Damn, I thought I fixed it. Archvile is for UV only. Well, moving mega-armor is good idea actually.

Should be this name. Sometimes happens in opening walls too. I stormed through using god mode the second time, the wall with the Berserk has the same thing. If you really want to fix this, I can go over again to check.

Just now, GarrettChan said:

Should be this name. Sometimes happens in opening walls too. I stormed through using god mode the second time, the wall with the Berserk has the same thing. If you really want to fix this, I can go over again to check.

Well,for berserk thing I won't fix this, because I want leave this as secret indicator. For other walls, I need check them again or put screenshots where you see misalingments, it will be easier for me. 

Well... there are quite some. The first one is fine from the inside. I originally didn't understand what's the meaning of that thing in Pic 03, now I know, but it's kind of weird that isn't lowered with the bridge.

I checked the flags about these things... and then I found out that I don't really understand it since I'm not a mapper right now... so probably it's not an actual problem.

Spoiler

01.jpg.45dd7704074228a371ee4fccc988cf01.jpg02.jpg.506424e2bbf7f4ee053b74a8a7c61168.jpg03.jpg.12fcd7b29c0526fb34f3ab50352cabef.jpg04.jpg.fa3473e60af9c72762d950931f632257.jpg05.jpg.c2eff0513d8e38e5d43c97536320bfdb.jpg

Edited by GarrettChan

11 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Well... there are quite some. The first one is fine from the inside. I originally didn't understand what's the meaning of that thing in Pic 03, now I know, but it's kind of weird that isn't lowered with the bridge.

I checked the flags about these things... and then I found out that I don't really understand it since I'm not a mapper right now... so probably it's not an actual problem.

Reveal hidden contents

01.jpg.45dd7704074228a371ee4fccc988cf01.jpg02.jpg.506424e2bbf7f4ee053b74a8a7c61168.jpg03.jpg.12fcd7b29c0526fb34f3ab50352cabef.jpg04.jpg.fa3473e60af9c72762d950931f632257.jpg05.jpg.c2eff0513d8e38e5d43c97536320bfdb.jpg

Oh,damn. I'll check these walls later and repload map update once again. I can't work when I'm tired without any proper sleep. I hope gameplay got a bit better from original. 

Also, music is from Descent level 01. Very cool game and soundtrack. 

5 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Oh,damn. I'll check these walls later and repload map update once again. I can't work when I'm tired without any proper sleep. I hope gameplay got a bit better from original. 

Also, music is from Descent level 01. Very cool game and soundtrack. 

No problem. Take your time.

Oh, that's why it feels so familiar. Since I like the music in Sunder Map01 (Descent Level 03), I looked up the whole OST to listen.

I think my map will becoming bigger after adding a new sections. Is it okay?

Would blursphere be useful as secret in last area?Because, I will bring chaingunners in all skills (for more salty feeling). 

Just now, MysteriousHaruko said:

Would blursphere be useful as secret in last area?Because, I will bring chaingunners in all skills (for more salty feeling). 

Blur sphere is useful against hitscanners...

1 minute ago, leodoom85 said:

Blur sphere is useful against hitscanners...

Alright. I guess, it won't hurt to bring this as secret. 

Alright, same link in previous pages contains updated version of wad(once again). If someone finds errors, misalignments feel free mention me and write what you found wrong. 

Here's a casual UVmax of you most recent version, @MysteriousHaruko. The blur sphere, as you will see in my demo, is not necessary at all. When players get there, there's virtually no possibility that they won't have the armour and health to soak up some bullets... In fact, the blur sphere can backfire, because of the HKs. I took blur sphere right before exiting the map. Having another secret isn't too bad, but a blur is debatable...

alapolbeta2UV.zip

Is it just me, or did you increase the number of hitscans in the room with the chainsaw? I noticed I took an usually high amount of "mandatory" damage there on occasion. In case you added more hitscans on the ledges, make sure you also have something there to help players recover from that mandatory damage, because there are still more hitscans after picking up the green armour.

On a side note, if you make changes to your map and we start playing through different iterations, make sure you add some code to your modified maps so we can tell right away what's what, and what happened when...

1 hour ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Here's a casual UVmax of you most recent version, @MysteriousHaruko. The blur sphere, as you will see in my demo, is not necessary at all. When players get there, there's virtually no possibility that they won't have the armour and health to soak up some bullets... In fact, the blur sphere can backfire, because of the HKs. I took blur sphere right before exiting the map. Having another secret isn't too bad, but a blur is debatable...

alapolbeta2UV.zip

Is it just me, or did you increase the number of hitscans in the room with the chainsaw? I noticed I took an usually high amount of "mandatory" damage there on occasion. In case you added more hitscans on the ledges, make sure you also have something there to help players recover from that mandatory damage, because there are still more hitscans after picking up the green armour.

On a side note, if you make changes to your map and we start playing through different iterations, make sure you add some code to your modified maps so we can tell right away what's what, and what happened when...

I just put two additional zombieman near starting door, that's why damage increased. Actually, I'll put one medikit and one stimpack in second floor where lift rises(I have problems with health distribution in maps). Also, I can replace blursphere with soulsphere/berserk pack to increase health bonus.

Maybe I should create text file with recent changes and post here in spoilers. It's good thing that I put all versions of map in one cloud storage, so nothing will be deleted. 

2 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Also, I can replace blursphere with soulsphere/berserk pack to increase health bonus.

Personally, I don't think there's a need for either of those... If it was me, I'd put some more rockets to handle the cabinets more quickly, soulsphere might be okay too.

2 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Personally, I don't think there's a need for either of those... If it was me, I'd put some more rockets to handle the cabinets more quickly, soulsphere might be okay too.

I can put rockets in last area and remove secret. It's not final version of map. Also I find out that real map's name is "all apologies" . 

Sure. After I finish real time work, I'll put another update in map and write what I changed recently. 

All unpegged fixed except for the exit wall. Thumbs up for that.

I was going to say the Invisibility may be uesless too. The time I read the post, I just thought I won't use it. However, if it's a humor kind of thing, it'll be OK. (Don't know what is the term, just like in Scythe Map27, the player is forced to take an Invisibility to fight Cyberdemons.)

1 minute ago, GarrettChan said:

All unpegged fixed except for the exit wall. Thumbs up for that.

I was going to say the Invisibility may be uesless too. The time I read the post, I just thought I won't use it. However, if it's a humor kind of thing, it'll be OK. (Don't know what is the term, just like in Scythe Map27, the player is forced to take an Invisibility to fight Cyberdemons.)

If I move exit wall, it will require time to fix alignments and I easily get fustrated when I need to do this thing.  As I promised, I'll drop update with rockets,soulsphere and check if that wall is fixable. 

Another update,yay. 

Map changes:

Spoiler

2017-06-21
-Changed textures in the last area and removed unpegged settings
-Added 4 additional rockets
-Changed secret blurspehere into soulsphere
-Added 2 health related items in first lift area
-Changed monster rotation

Map link here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_BoE_IU_yV0ZDdydldQOVdtczA

I decided put dates on map versions,it won't be so hard to see what I've done in that map. After I'll finish college related things I'll put older versions of same map and write what I changed in notepad text file. 

So yeah, I tried to install boom and prboom+, did, got confused a bit, played a bit of vanilla Doom 2, played Haruko's map, got extra confused, switched over to GZDoom, still a bit hard on UV, but that is okay. Btw, I guess a bit more ammo wouldn't be too distracting or too bad.

Sooo, I tried my map, obviously IT FEHLED to load, then I opened Slade 3, made a very short map, which, of course, did not work (either Doom is not a good compability option or whatever, this port doesn't have a console I could use to see what was the problem), but I guess I found some strange link from the internet and today, a bit too late, I found out that there was a topic on the forum with prboom+ and whatnot, so soon enough I will download it. Not tommorow tho, I have a exam on Friday.

And like I had said numerous times beforehand, I won't get my hands dirty till the end of the month. For now I am only trying out stuff, learning bits here and there (I have learned to use GZDoom way too well in comparison to Boom).

That would be me for today. Now I have to gather energy for the cram session tommorow. I might drop another "slow" update on Tuesday, maybe not.

2 minutes ago, Battle_Kirby said:

So yeah, I tried to install boom and prboom+, did, got confused a bit, played a bit of vanilla Doom 2, played Haruko's map, got extra confused, switched over to GZDoom, still a bit hard on UV, but that is okay. Btw, I guess a bit more ammo wouldn't be too distracting or too bad.

Sooo, I tried my map, obviously IT FEHLED to load, then I opened Slade 3, made a very short map, which, of course, did not work (either Doom is not a good compability option or whatever, this port doesn't have a console I could use to see what was the problem), but I guess I found some strange link from the internet and today, a bit too late, I found out that there was a topic on the forum with prboom+ and whatnot, so soon enough I will download it. Not tommorow tho, I have a exam on Friday.

And like I had said numerous times beforehand, I won't get my hands dirty till the end of the month. For now I am only trying out stuff, learning bits here and there (I have learned to use GZDoom way too well in comparison to Boom).

That would be me for today. Now I have to gather energy for the cram session tommorow. I might drop another "slow" update on Tuesday, maybe not.

My reworked map is intented to be hard, it doesn't have so much monsters, but you need quick reaction and be fast as possible. You can freelook in prboom+ ports. Also, I recommend run prboom+ with zdl. It would save your time and let set complevels,demo recordings correctly in line commands. 

*You need to modify the WAD name into "alapology.wad" to play the demo.

I know you want to make sure information is on the name, but this time it's too long to be display on the PrBoom+ launcher, and it seems can't load it with the demo recording.

Adding health at the beginning is nice touch because of the mandatory damage. Not much else to say. One thing is the "shell" for the exit switch is intended?

I punched out a Hell Knight, hurray! Those 2 added Chaingunners almost screw my day because of the Chaingun switch, nice trap there ;P 

Alapology-UVfast.zip

3 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

*You need to modify the WAD name into "alapology.wad" to play the demo.

I know you want to make sure information is on the name, but this time it's too long to be display on the PrBoom+ launcher, and it seems can't load it with the demo recording.

Adding health at the beginning is nice touch because of the mandatory damage. Not much else to say. One thing is the "shell" for the exit switch is intended?

I punched out a Hell Knight, hurray! Those 2 added Chaingunners almost screw my day because of the Chaingun switch, nice trap there ;P 

Alapology-UVfast.zip

When everything will be finished, I'll rename wad into "apology", because real wad's name is "all apologies". Anyway,thanks for demo,I'm going to check it right now. 
And "Shell" exit for me seems nice touch, I dunno about other testers and players.

Oh yeah, talking about the name thing is just about convenience for testers (maybe). The shell thing is preference, so there's nothing wrong because there's a similar thing on BtSX E1M04. Sometimes I'm just stating my opinions (or talking out of my arse ;P), so don't mind that.

2 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Oh yeah, talking about the name thing is just about convenience for testers (maybe). The shell thing is preference, so there's nothing wrong because there's a similar thing on BtSX E1M04. Sometimes I'm just stating my opinions (or talking out of my arse ;P), so don't mind that.

Damn, you're good runner as @Nine Inch Heels , don't have skills like this. I prefer move slowly and observe smallest details. I wonder if these demo runs will be preserved for future generations ;)

@MysteriousHaruko, one thought that eluded me for a while now is that it would be a good idea to grant players access to the imps and revenants on the ledge where the baron is located. If players could get near those things (maybe just lower their ledge when you open the next section of the map), it would be possible to tyson max that map, in case people want to go for that. Since the map start as tyson, and the rest of it is also doable tyson only, including the vile, having that option is something that I think is really needed.

3 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

@MysteriousHaruko, one thought that eluded me for a while now is that it would be a good idea to grant players access to the imps and revenants on the ledge where the baron is located. If players could get near those things (maybe just lower their ledge when you open the next section of the map), it would be possible to tyson max that map, in case people want to go for that. Since the map start as tyson, and the rest of it is also doable tyson only, including the vile, having that option is something that I think is really needed.

I need check map once again and see where I could draw additional sector for it, if players love fist-fight with demons, I'll provide path to it and drop update once again. But now I need go to finish my essay for college ;)

3 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

I need check map once again and see where I could draw additional sector for it, if players love fist-fight with demons, I'll provide path to it and drop update once again. But now I need go to finish my essay for college ;)

Just make that ledge lower... Nice and easy ;-)

Just now, Nine Inch Heels said:

Just make that ledge lower... Nice and easy ;-)

Well, does map feel near finish line? I know, I need reduce light in one door sector and lower ledge for more fight, but I need main opinion.