Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nine Inch Heels

Recycled Community Project (RC available)

43 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Well, does map feel near finish line? I know, I need reduce light in one door sector and lower ledge for more fight, but I need main opinion. 

Well, I do not have a main-opinion. I just have my opinion. ;-)

Short answer:

Yes, I believe so.

Long answer:

I think from a technical point of view, you have a functional map. However for the tyson freaks, I really feel you should add a mancubus. As far as I remember, you removed one, and I really think you should bring him back somehow, because tyson and mancs is something the tyson crowd enjoys.

Once the map can be done entirely as tyson, I think it is ready for some detailing to make it look a bit more 2017.

Well, there ya go. I originally wanted to finish just the Fist, but they don't want to fight. Oh well... If the map can be finished only by Fist, I'll be appreciated because my strange OCD not using other things like Chainsaw.

BTW, those 2 Chaingunners and Arch-vile are stuck together.

Alapolgy-UVtyson.zip

7 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Well, I do not have a main-opinion. I just have my opinion. ;-)

Short answer:

Yes, I believe so.

Long answer:

I think from a technical point of view, you have a functional map. However for the tyson freaks, I really feel you should add a mancubus. As far as I remember, you removed one, and I really think you should bring him back somehow, because tyson and mancs is something the tyson crowd enjoys.

Once the map can be done entirely as tyson, I think it is ready for some detailing to make it look a bit more 2017.

I didn't remove mancubus in map, unless you want second mancubus in ending area ;)

7 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Well, there ya go. I originally wanted to finish just the Fist, but they don't want to fight. Oh well... If the map can be finished only by Fist, I'll be appreciated because my strange OCD not using other things like Chainsaw.

BTW, those 2 Chaingunners and Arch-vile are stuck together.

Alapolgy-UVtyson.zip

and I'll fix that too @GarrettChan in next update. 

8 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

I didn't remove mancubus in map, unless you want second mancubus in ending area ;)

Watches older demo

Oh yeah, there he is...

Nevermind what I said. Map has a mancubus. :)

2 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Watches older demo

Oh yeah, there he is...

Nevermind what I said. Map has a mancubus. :)

Easier skills doesn't have mancubus, I replaced it with revenant or I'll replace it. 

So I checked my map again and again and it seems I need alter map, because those ledges and floor don't want lower down for silly reasons. 

13 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

So I checked my map again and again and it seems I need alter map, because those ledges and floor don't want lower down for silly reasons. 

the reason could be because the function used is lower floor to next lower floor or so. in that case it's possible that the game chooses the wrong floor. I'll have a brief look in the editor.

EDIT: yeah, it's just as I thought. Won't be complicated to do though.

4 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

the reason could be because the function used is lower floor to next lower floor or so. in that case it's possible that the game chooses the wrong floor. I'll have a brief look in the editor.

EDIT: yeah, it's just as I thought. Won't be complicated to do though.

How? Tell me how you would do that.

2 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

How? Tell me how you would do that.

you merge the sectors I marked in my screenie so they're one.

alapo.jpg.79671c14f682129e14b5b0c4dc30ce46.jpg

When that is done. You create sectors in front of those, lower their ceilings (only their ceilings!), so the recently merged sector is covered entirely. And when you want the things in there to attack, you raise the ceiling with a trip-wire linedef, and later you lower the floor via switch seperately. That should work just fine.

But line which triggers openning ledges is marked walkable once door open/stay action. I need check again. 

@torekk

... :D
I decided not to. Not only because the entire thing was far more than that starting room designed in a... really unique way, but also... this is some crazy-ugly, yet fearsomely hilarious and fun-to-play early JokeWad of its genre (that is, despite it's obnoxious-sounding title). Why on Earth should anyone recycle it? :D

Hey,should I move chainsaw from the player's view or just leave it as way it should be? I'm going to put update today as usual with some tweaks. 

P.s. Alright, I put another update here too,because I don't want make second post. I just did what you said @Nine Inch Heels, it should work. I tested with "nomonsters" line and with monsters later and I hope everything works right as it should be. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_BoE_IU_yV0ZDdydldQOVdtczA

Edited by MysteriousHaruko

16 hours ago, Cell said:

Why on Earth should anyone recycle it? :D

For the sport of it. ;-)

2 hours ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

P.s. Alright, I put another update here too,because I don't want make second post. I just did what you said @Nine Inch Heels, it should work. I tested with "nomonsters" line and with monsters later and I hope everything works right as it should be.

The sectors lower as they should, so that's good.

The AV and the chaingunner are still stuck together, that needs fixing. If else fails, either remove them, or warp them in, if you really want them there.

EDIT: the wall that lowers to the next part of the map where you get the SSG should lower faster I think. Waiting for it doesn't feel too "attractive". If you want something along the lines of a "reveal" consider splitting that wall into different sectors, and lower those at different times with different speeds. You will need a voodoo doll script for that, however.

1 minute ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

The sectors lower as they should, so that's good.

The AV and the chaingunner are still stuck together, that needs fixing. If else fails, either remove them, or warp them in, if you really want them there.

I could silently teleport them in that place or increase space. I'll later check it. Testing phase drives me crazy. 

2 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

I could silently teleport them in that place or increase space. I'll later check it. Testing phase drives me crazy. 

A silent teleport seems very rude if the gunners spawn outside of the player's field of view. You could just as easily have the gunners in cabinets that open when the pillar with the vile lowers. Might be easier to set up...

Also another note in regards to tyson maxing: It would be good to have a chaingun pickup next to the SSG to avoid unvoluntary weapon switches when punching stuff.

1 minute ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

A silent teleport seems very rude if the gunners spawn outside of the player's field of view. You could just as easily have the gunners in cabinets that open when the pillar with the vile lowers. Might be easier to set up...

Also another note in regards to tyson maxing: It would be good to have a chaingun pickup next to the SSG to avoid unvoluntary weapon switches when punching stuff.

Sure, I'll add chaingun next to ssg for full experience. But easier skills don't have archvile inside the pilliar, maybe I should put substitude for it? Cabinet trap from both sides are easy to setup. 

24 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

But easier skills don't have archvile inside the pilliar, maybe I should put substitude for it?

Ye... put a revenant in there or so.

Another day, another update...

(I'm going to take small break from this map, unless fast changes are required)

Recent changes:

Spoiler

2017-06-24
-Changed line actions:
"W1-door open stay" into generalised "walkable once, ceiling goes up fast" action
-Gave same tag for ledge for right ledge with monsters,so floor here should lower after pressing switch

2017-06-25
-Moved chaingunners in newly created trap.
-Added chaingun
-In lower settings instead of archvile,revenant appears.
-Changed some settings in few monsters. 

Link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_BoE_IU_yV0ZDdydldQOVdtczA

1 hour ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Another day, another update...

Time for a fist only run ;P Ahhh, delicious gibs.

I realized that the monsters in the Baron & Revenant room can trigger the line to reveal the switch. I checked the previous version, it was there, so probably it's not a problem. The main thing is that having a trigger line to open the Revenants, and a switch not far away from the trigger line to lower the Revenants seems a little bit weird to me...

5 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Time for a fist only run ;P Ahhh, delicious gibs.

I realized that the monsters in the Baron & Revenant room can trigger the line to reveal the switch. I checked the previous version, it was there, so probably it's not a problem. The main thing is that having a trigger line to open the Revenants, and a switch not far away from the trigger line to lower the Revenants seems a little bit weird to me...

Could you drop quick demo with that place or show screenshot, because I have problems with memory sometimes. If project were in udmf, I would write quick script to prevent monsters trigger unnessary lines. But project is in boom format, so it has lots of limitations. 

tri.jpg.80591ae8b01f42fbe8f08624f436c253.jpg

Well... if you understand what I'm talking about...

BTW, one more thing discovered, probably the original author didn't care about things. You can actually hit that face switch at the end of the bridge (not the one in the picture) on the lower level, which totally skips the Revenant trap.

1 minute ago, GarrettChan said:

tri.jpg.80591ae8b01f42fbe8f08624f436c253.jpg

Well... if you understand what I'm talking about...

BTW, one more thing discovered, probably the original author didn't care about things. You can actually hit that face switch at the end of the bridge (not the one in the picture) on the lower level, which totally skips the Revenant trap.

Well, original author of this wad was 12 years old around that time. When I was 12 years old, I had a lot of ideas, but lesser skills to craft something right. Actually, I can draw two pilliars around bridge and prevent that thing. 

My ideas are not necessarily good, so consider this is just me farting all over the place, haha.

1. At first, I think just combine the Revenant trap and the Baron trap together, which is revealed by hitting that face switch. However, this is also very weird because why bother reveal trap on a higher level, then lower it? So I think the Revenant trap should be made to the ground.

2. If don't want to do so, probably you can make a secret passage behind a fake wall or something. The switch will disappear after hitting it, and player can go through the fake wall to the upper platform. However, this is too much work to do, especially this part is not designed by yourself originally.

3. Do nothing, because there isn't a rule saying every map should be finish-able with fist only. Many maps also can't be finished by fist only.

1 minute ago, GarrettChan said:

My ideas are not necessarily good, so consider this is just me farting all over the place, haha.

1. At first, I think just combine the Revenant trap and the Baron trap together, which is revealed by hitting that face switch. However, this is also very weird because why bother reveal trap on a higher level, then lower it? So I think the Revenant trap should be made to the ground.

2. If don't want to do so, probably you can make a secret passage behind a fake wall or something. The switch will disappear after hitting it, and player can go through the fake wall to the upper platform. However, this is too much work to do, especially this part is not designed by yourself originally.

3. Do nothing, because there isn't a rule saying every map should be finish-able with fist only.

4. Take a break, because you deserved it? 

In my eyes map is quite good and I like weird routes. Yeah, it still need some texture fixes, but map functions normally. I want keep original mapset spirit and author's intended things, but more fixed and extended. 

6 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

imo, only valid if players are to be deprived of the option to rocket them from a safe distance.

7 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

adding a secret passage would not violate any rules, but it would be less attractive for tysoning, since a passage implies limited real-estate to use for dodging, so I'm against this personally.

8 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

3. Do nothing, because there isn't a rule saying every map should be finish-able with fist only. Many maps also can't be finished by fist only.

There is no rule that says that, but if there is a tyson start, and the map in off itself is doable solely on tyson, there is no objective reason to ruin it for tyson runners, by denying access to these things.

4 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

In my eyes map is quite good and I like weird routes. Yeah, it still need some texture fixes, but map functions normally. I want keep original mapset spirit and author's intended things, but more fixed and extended. 

Well, I have ideas to do things, but I'm not in the mood to learn mapping right now, which should not be an excuse, so I just say things here. If this is offensive, I apologize for that. Every time I post something, I still remember this is your map, so my opinions are just there, not really a thing.

2 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

a passage implies limited real-estate to use for dodging

There is no rule that says that, but if there is a tyson start, and the map in off itself is doable solely on tyson, there is no objective reason to ruin it for tyson runners, by denying access to these things.

IMO, fist only is "stupid" thing to at the first place, so it doesn't matter to me. (Not real stupid, you know what I mean)

Tyson includes pistol, so it's not actually a thing...

2 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Tyson includes pistol, so it's not actually a thing...

Problem is: pistoling a bunch of revs and imps is unnecessarily chewy and not fun. Like.. anything pistol basically isn't when there's a better/faster way. If anybody who likes doing tysonable maps needs to pistol that ledge, the map becomes super unfun to tyson, because it's a grindy gameplay low that you just don't want to do over and over again...