Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Empyre

[GZDoom Builder] PK3 bug report and feature request

The pk3 format has been around for a very long time now. Doom Builder 2 can load textures and flats from a pk3, but GZDoom Builder can load only textures and not flats, and neither editor can edit maps in a pk3. It is annoying to have to extract the map wads from the maps folder of the pk3 to edit them, and then import them back into the pk3, and it is also annoying to see the generic Unknown flat all over the 3D mode. Why support pk3s only partially?

Please accept my apology and allow me to rephrase that more tactfully. There appears to be a bug in GZDoom Builder that makes it not properly load flats from a pk3. I also have a feature request: Please add the ability to edit maps inside a pk3.

That said, I am grateful that GZDoom Builder exists in the first place. There is so much to love about it.

Edited by Empyre : Trying not to sound like such a demanding jerk.

True, but somebody else has picked it up. I don't remember how to spell his name, but it has lots of Xs Ys and Zs. I might be a recent update the broke the flats.

1 minute ago, Empyre said:

True, but somebody else has picked it up. I don't remember how to spell his name, but it has lots of Xs Ys and Zs. I might be a recent update the broke the flats.

ZZYZX is the one who maintain GZDB-Bugfix and I'm agree that's about time that supports .pk3 files once and for all...