Not enough Aquatex used in Phase1 IMO

Should Phase 1 utilize more the Aquatex textures and flats?   12 members have voted

1. 1. Should Phase 1 utilize more the Aquatex textures and flats?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I just completed the first episode and am partway into the second episode of Phase 1 and am a little disappointed that only 1 map so far has utilized the Aquatex textures and flats.

The design of them creates a very original design which would help distance the project from a mere "Doom clone" to it's own thing.

Although I've enjoyed the maps I've played so far it seems like kind of a waste to not fully utilize the assets in its maps. What does everyone else think about this? Maybe it's just me but I'd like to see new Maps whipped up for Phase 1 implementing these awesome flats and textures or at least just retexture some of the maps to at least justify the bloated file size. I would gladly be willing to develop some maps which further implement these awesome textures.

I'd like to hear other peoples thoughts on this, on whether it's worth redoing maps or retexturing them or if people feel it would just be a waste of time.

Its definitely worth using new textures in maps rather than Doom clone textures. And lets not forget that C1M1 is the first map to heavily use Aquatex (theres also a map02 version, but it uses some extra textures, but the improvement is nice). Hopefully, C1M1 is the first of many to come, and to serve as Freedoom design choice. I know fraggle thinks the same, unless he changed his mind.

As for maps, Soda stated that his cluster of maps for Phase 2 will consist of mostly Aquatex textures. Look forward to that, if he finishes it.

As for the other czars, I'm guessing they won't use it that much but you'll see them ingame.

Edited by Voros
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

For episode 2 of chapter 1 (when i back to work on this) i have no plan for HEAVY use of aquatex, well i'll use some of them like a "mix-up" like the ones of i'm doing in freedm, anyway i episode focused in aquatex seens nice idea.

Edited by Xindage
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)