Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
an_mutt

Share Some Cool Youtube Channels

PLEASE don't just post random youtube videos. I'm pretty sure there's a thread for that already. Give me some channels that specifically focus on something cool. The channel itself is what you're suggesting; it's just cool to include one video that really exemplifies what we should expect from it.

Anyway, as the thread title already suggests, share some cool youtube channels! Is there a content creator who you keep looking out for in your subscriptions? Do you get excited when you get notifications that they made new videos?

I'm not looking for anything in particular, although I'll be sticking to channels that are mostly video-essay in the type of content they post. I guess that the more obscure = the better? Obscure gems are always the coolest thing to stumble upon.

MagicManSam:

MagicManSam is a content creator that focuses on Magic: the Gathering, and has started a really cool series on its most prolific artists. The studies of Volkan Baga, Terese Nielson and Jesper Ejsing are especially informative. You don't need to be a fan of the game to appreciate the astonishingly high level of quality artwork that MtG includes on its cards. This video on Nils Hamm does a great job of introducing you to a particular artist's style:

Every Frame A Painting

Something a little more popular, but definitely an essential channel if you haven't checked it out yet. Unfortunately, updates have been a little sparse over the past year or so, but there's a pretty extensive backlog to go through. My first experience with the channel was a really cool breakdown of a scene from The Bad Sleep Well (a movie I still need to see!). The follow-up video essay on the rest of Akira Kurosawa's work is also especially fantastic:

False Swipe Gaming

Something a little different. I loved the shit out of Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow and, while I've played most of the games, I never really paid much attention to the series outside of my childhood. I've also never entertained playing the game competitively. Nonetheless, these videos are really fun to see breakdowns of the pokemon I liked using as a kid in terms of their applications in the history of competitive play.

hbomberguy

Harris Bomber Guy does funny videos on video games, movies, and crazy Internet people. I don't know what else you want from me. SERIOUS SONIC LORE ANALYSIS is a great take on all of the dumb "let's find ways to make video games look super fucking deep and edgy" videos that have been around on youtube for a while:

Ahoy, he does a lot of gaming and retrospective stuff, it's really interesting. His series, "Iconic Arms" delves into the origins and cultural contexts of weapons seen in video games frequently, as well as videos on certain themes seen in games and where they came from, and of course his series, "Retro Ahoy" in which he gives an in-depth look on how certain games of yesteryear came to be. For the occasion, here is his video on Doom, which got me into this channel in the first place.

Edited by VirtualOwl13

ReignBot is a great youtuber who talks about morbid, macabre and generally mysterious subjects in her channel.

Nightmind is a channel that analyses and discusses all sorts of horror-related media.

SexualLobster. Youtube animator, in my opinion the funniest one around.

One YouTuber I have been watching the videos of for a few years now is The Gaming Corner, he does Let's Play's of a number of different adventure games mostly the point and click ones by Sierra, he has also played/suffered through and made fun of crappy children's games. I feel he doesn't get enough people watching and liking his content these days and think he deserves a mention.

Edited by Avoozl

Most of you guys probably know him for "Salad Fingers". But David Firth makes more awesome Animation's since nearly 2 decades know !

Here's one of my personal favorites

Edited by Guest

HowToBasic. If you don't know the channel, just watch the video below.

I actually discovered this channel because John Romero talked about it in an interview.

Feature history it covers historic events and wars, since im a history buff, this channel its quite interesting to me

Vargskelethor (AKA Joel from vinesauce) his videos are quite silly and dumb, but i found them quite hilarious, his recent Doom contest was fun yo watch

SiIvagunner basicaly a music troll channel, filled with an excess of memes, but every once in a while it uploads a really good music mashup. I found myself checking it often to hear if something good was uploaded

I have a woodworking fetish(there's just something to it that calms me), so here's a few good channels related to that:

Spoiler

I also often end up just searching for "japanese woodworking", basically ANYTHING from that works as well.

When I growing slowly to adulthood (I'm 26 btw) my taste was changed from watching edgy shit to something knowledgeable  like Beyond Science, Matt Santoro, thoughty2.

I also watch some LPs from theRadBrad sometimes. 

My favorite YouTuber right now is Captain Planets. He focuses a lot on Doom. :-) But he also has a number of other games, mainly dungeon crawlers, RPGs, a few FPSs, and more. And he is far better than I am at having something intelligent to say while playing!

Language warning, in case anyone on this forum cares.