Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Idiotinfrontofadesk

[Solved] Can't get switch doors to work

I've been trying to make a level where at one part the end door is only activated by a switch, but no matter what I try I just simply can't get it to work.

As you see the in the image, the switch and doors have the same tag, action, almost everything. Whenever I test it, go up the switch, and press E on the switch, the switch won't activate.

Anyone have any help with this? Really irritating. I'll probably find some way to get rid of this thread when I get a good response.

Screenshot (488).png

I hope that the ceiling has the same height as the floor. If the floor has a 0-unit height, the ceiling has to be the same value...

Does the door have its ceiling at floor level? Do you have the TAG 1 on the sector of the door, and not on its lines?

Well,you need tag door in sector mode and give same tag for switch. Also if you tagged door,it doesn't linedef actions because you control door with the switch and switch needs linedef action. 

This is a Doom map format, so the tag in the linedef has to be the same as the sector. And one more thing, we need to examine that map....just in case

He should post his map or do quick video so someone quickly could fix this. 

Indeed. But there's the possibility that the issue was fixed in the meantime...

If this thread were in question subforum,you could mark the best answer. Now rename thread and write "fixed"