Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Addemup

I'm starting a DOOM League

More specifically, a ZDaemon DOOM 2 League.

What's unique about this league is that each team/club/whatever has ranks, based upon how many players they have (e.g. 2 players are classified as a "Battle Pair", 3-5 players a "Fireteam", 6+ a "Squad", and so on and so forth).

Here's a Discord Server for more information:

Discord Server

Only have time on the weekends and never been league material anyway but would be happy to play some prac rounds when you get a few people in.

I thought Ralphis was in charge of the International Doom League. 

But seriously, good luck.

Once I have seven other players wanting to compete, I'll assign them to four teams of two and have them compete in a TDM tournament.

As of this post, I have two people, including myself, wishing to compete.

And for the "good luck" posts, thanks, I'll really need it.

The issue I see here with this league of sorts, is aside from what is five minutes of efforts setting up a discord channel and coming up with quick names for 'team sizes', you've not thought out anything else.

• Why would we want to be part of your league
  • What is your league called?
  • Where is your logo?
  • What do we get out of it?
  • When will you host each event?
  • What events will you be hosting?
  • How often will you be hosting events?
  • What maps will you play on?
  • Will you have maps made specifically for your league?

etc etc. 

To make this work you really need to put in the effort to make it feel like a desirable league to join in the first place. :)

@Dragonfly I'll try to answer as many questions as I can:

Why would we want to be part of your league?

I'm accepting amateurs.

What is your league called?

Right now, the working title is the DOOM League, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to change it to something else.

Where is your logo?

I don't have one.

What to we get out of it?

Erm...

When will you host each event?

Every Saturday at 2 PM EST (not tomorrow, however).

What events will you be hosting?

A TDM tournament, along with some FFA matches if possible.

How often will you be hosting each event?

Once a week - see above.

What maps will you be playing on?

5 custom made maps: 2 birds with one stone there.

Thanks for replying. I think calling it something as widespread and generic as 'The Doom League' is possibly stepping on the toes of the IDL? Not my call though.

4 hours ago, addemup said:

What to we get out of it?

Erm...

See, this was your opportunity to really sell it to me.

"You get the satisfaction of heated competition on the battlefield, competing with masters and amateurs alike. We will be keeping score for our weekly events, allowing you to see how you fare against your foes! The top-ranked player of each month gets to choose a map to add to our standard rotation for the next month, until a new victor is declared!"

Obviously here I'm 'inventing' your league & ideas on the spot, but I feel some enthusiasm and personality similar to the above will help amass a larger following.

I personally am a total rookie when it comes to Doom multiplayer and am interested in getting more involved, but not currently with this particular league despite it's amateur-friendly stance, because it hasn't been presented in an enticing way. :P

What server are you guys gonna play on? I could put one up on ZD using your custom maps and whatever DMflags you see fit on the doomshack.org cluster if you need help with hosting.

agree with the points above. I'd like to get involved but you gotta sell it more to me, convince me of its merit and whatnot.... ehh just what Dragonfly's saying, but seriously man if you can get this sorted out I'm down!