Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doommarine_maxi

Do you guys still play Doom 3 online? (NOT BFG Edition)

Hey there, I came here to ask if someone of you still plays this game online (deathmatch, ctf, lms, or coop (mods like tlms4, opencoop 2.0 or mars city security)).

My friend and I were playing Doom 3 and ROE online (steam version both)  these days  and we found it amazing (with mods and without it), so I wanted to ask if some of you still plays it.

PD: Someone knows what I need to download to join into "The Sandwich server"?, most people play there but the game randomly crash when I try to download the files. Problem solved

Edited by Doommarine_maxi : Bad Syntax AGAIN

I used to play LMS4 Mod alot with a friend of mine on Steam back in summer 2010 and OpenCoop back in 2012, It's so fun if you have buddies to play with, But time went and I uninstalled the game long ago, both of us lost interest in it.

I have never played DOOM 3 online. Would love to try co-op sometime but I long ago lost my game discs so I only have the BFG edition.

I think those are the PVP guys who keep joining a DM server from time to time, So I guess it's semi-dead lol.

3 hours ago, dmg_64 said:

I think those are the PVP guys who keep joining a DM server from time to time, So I guess it's semi-dead lol.

Anyone played Doom 3 deathmatch? Even when Doom 3 was new I think I only played like 2-3 matches. That's 2-3 matches in 13 years Doom 3 has been out.

I tried it few times and it played very much like Quake 3, like, utterly similar, the guns, the strafe and rocket jumping, the powerups ...

2 hours ago, dmg_64 said:

I tried it few times and it played very much like Quake 3, like, utterly similar, the guns, the strafe and rocket jumping, the powerups ...

Thing is though the gunplay in Doom 3 sucks. In SP it's ok with mods that make guns sound better and prevent corpses from going away but in MP the gunplay just feels like utter shite.

The Plasma rifle was very OP last time I played MP DM, but yeah rest just feels weak for long-range shooting but considering MP levels weren't huge, they worked well in most rooms.

Edited by dmg_64

On 2017-6-5 at 5:27 PM, dmg_64 said:

I used to play LMS4 Mod alot with a friend of mine on Steam back in summer 2010 and OpenCoop back in 2012, It's so fun if you have buddies to play with, But time went and I uninstalled the game long ago, both of us lost interest in it.

You were right about that line!, I was playing lms4 with two friends and it was AWESOME! (We were playing it with lms_hardcore 1, it means only 1 life [survival])

I played several free-for-all deathmatches of Doom 3 near the time it came out. It was pretty fun and quite a refreshing feeling to be able to play multiplayer with random people with Doom 3 out of the box. There were both skilled players and weak ones.

I was disappointed there were no chainsaws, soul cubes or BFG9000s…

Personally I'm of the feeling that any action game should have a multiplayer component. I guess it costs extra to add multiplayer levels besides single-player ones. And I guess that designing the single-player campaign with deathmatch support in mind is difficult.

I remember the server list being HUUUUGE when Doom 3 first came out; unfortunately I had a crappy computer at the time and could barely run the game so I stood no chance. By the time I upgraded everyone moved on to Half-Life 2.

I do play it with bots from time to time.

I really liked the Lights Out map, screwing with the buttons that opened/closed the window shutters to make it even darker. I was upset they took those out with BFG edition