Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
everennui

Is there a place where I can preview all of the textures in a .pk3/.wad before I download?

Question

Realm667 is pretty awesome. They give you 8 textures to look at. This give you a general idea of what's in the package, but has anyone ever taken the time to make previews of a texture pack?

I'd be down to make One with CSS. It'd probably be very tedious to do them all by myself.

4 answers to this question

In short, no. It would be easy to set up a gallery of images and style them with CSS, the hard part is some kind of autoatic extraction tool; and while some eggheads here on DW might be capable it's a project that theoretically has no worthwhile end result - it'd be quicker to just download the files and pop it into SLADE 3. :)

Of course, most sites that provide texture packs, such as Afterglow, have small 'examples' of what to expect without displaying every texture, this is usually enough to gauge whether it's worth downloading or not. :)

Well you can read data from WADs with JS, and convert it to PNG format but someone would need to download the file anyways, the server or the user

1 hour ago, mars873 said:

Well you can read data from WADs with JS, and convert it to PNG format but someone would need to download the file anyways, the server or the user

JS? I'm racking my brain hard for this one. JavaScript?

3 minutes ago, everennui said:

JS? I'm racking my brain hard for this one. JavaScript?

Yes, Javascript. Very frequently abbreviated into JS among it's users.