Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phade102

Problem with two specific custom monsters

Question

Hi all, I am trying to implement two custom monsters into my wad. The monsters are from realm667, the Bruiser demon and the Cybruiser. The bruiser demon works perfectly, however when I attempt to place the Cybruiser into the map, it uses the Bruiser demon model and just looks generally bad. I'm unsure what caused this, I'm looking through the decorate on both monsters, and nothing seems to be shared between them both.

6 answers to this question

You could have pasted the text contents of the DECORATE lumps into your post, but whatever.

3 hours ago, Phade102 said:

I'm looking through the decorate on both monsters, and nothing seems to be shared between them both.

I'm not sure how did you miss the fact that both monsters are using sprites with the same names (the 4-letter prefixes). To make both monsters work in the same wad, you need to rename all sprites of one of the monsters (change BRUS to something unique) and change the same monster's DECORATE code (the part inside the States block) to use the new prefix instead of BRUS.

Would be nice if we could actually look at the DECORATE code.

I am attempting to upload the wad file, however it doesnt appear that i'm able to, I keep getting an error 200. The best I can do is upload the BruiserDemon and Cybruiser wad files they came with...I hope its enough. Until then I"m just using the Cybruiser, but I'd really like to use the bruiser demon.

BruiserDemon.zip

Cybruiser.zip

Just now, scifista42 said:

You could have pasted the text contents of the DECORATE lumps into your post, but whatever.

I'm not sure how did you miss the fact that both monsters are using sprites with the same names (the 4-letter prefixes). To make both monsters work in the same wad, you need to rename all sprites of one of the monsters (change BRUS to something unique) and change the same monster's DECORATE code (the part inside the States block) to use the new prefix instead of BRUS.

I'm not stupid, Scifista, its just the fact that I have next to no experience with the decorate lump. i've only just learnt the mapinfo basics. I understand that thats the issue, I think for now i'm just going to use the cybruiser. Thank you though now that I understand that i'll know that for the future.

2 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

I think for now i'm just going to use the cybruiser.

Just so you don't think that the solution I proposed is too hard, it can actually be done in under 30 seconds in total. Block-select the BRUS sprites, click "rename", rewrite the first 4 letters to something else, confirm, then open the DECORATE, click "Find and replace", replace BRUS with something else, confirm, done.