Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GripZ

Doom Touch in game settings.

Anyone know how to make it that your settings ingame stay the same the next time you pop in d touch? 

Im sick and tired of changing the key binds in gzdoom just to see that dtouch changed it all back to default on the next day and its really annoying me the f**k out.

This doesn't happen to me. What version do you have? I know Chocolate Doom suffers from this, but thats another thing. 

Chances are there is no zdoom.ini being edited by GZDoom.

And @beloko is updating the app, and calling it Delta Touch. Expect bug fixes.

10 hours ago, Voros said:

This doesn't happen to me. What version do you have? I know Chocolate Doom suffers from this, but thats another thing. 

Chances are there is no zdoom.ini being edited by GZDoom.

And @beloko is updating the app, and calling it Delta Touch. Expect bug fixes.

Is it possible to get a ini file in the gzdoom site i just now noticed that my gzdoom folder is empty.

And also i have 4.1

Edited by GripZ

The ini file is autogenerated. Check to see if you set a valid directory in D-Touch's Options screens.

I just found out the reason why dtouch is not saving my settings

Instead of pressing quit in game i just exited the whole app

Well it took me awhile but thanks for youre help

Yes. Yes it is. But maybe you should wait a bit until Delta Touch arrives, since it has updated versions of the source ports present in D-Touch.

15 hours ago, Voros said:

Yes. Yes it is. But maybe you should wait a bit until Delta Touch arrives, since it has updated versions of the source ports present in D-Touch.

Will this new 'Delta Touch' thing arrive on the Play Store, or should we go search the damn thing in a crappy APK form?

7 hours ago, AbhinandAnilDoomguy said:

Will this new 'Delta Touch' thing arrive on the Play Store, or should we go search the damn thing in a crappy APK form?

Google Play and Amazon.

Paid. Might be free for a short time.

I'm just a consumer, not the developer.

Since Magic Dosbox (an otherwise great android-based DosBox emulator) runs doom engine games like ass, even on a powerful phone or tablet, I'm hoping this Delta Touch is a good, fast app.  I only wish the control scheme for First Person Shooters on phones and tablets wasn't abysmal compared to mouse/keyboard.  You probably definitely don't want to be playing slaughtermaps on android.

On 6/19/2017 at 3:01 AM, AbhinandAnilDoomguy said:

But, what is the latest version of D-Touch?

Delta touch the upcoming version of d touch is still not out yet.

@cacomonkey Delta Touch is basically an update and bug-fix to Doom Touch, bringing all the ports up-to-date. Doom Touch currently has GZDoom 1.8.6 and 2.1pre. This should tell you it's a bit out of the loop in source port development.

Delta Touch will include GZDoom 2.5.0 (IIRC, its 2.x for sure), updates to the other ports and a Doom Retro port too, giving us 4 ports on one device.

Not to mention the controls are excellent for a touchscreen. All the other control schemes in other Android ports are absolutely abysmal. D-Touch's controls are precise and reliable. Other ports I tried had either jerky/buggy controls or ugly control schemes.

Not to mention it runs GZDoom very smoothly. And if your device is powerful enough, it can run even the most resource intensive mods out there. The mere fact it can load mods/PWADs is another plus about D-Touch.

Surprisingly, once you get the hang on the controls, you'll be able to play slaughtermaps.

On 18.06.2017 at 6:12 PM, AbhinandAnilDoomguy said:

Will Delta Touch be paid or free to play???

Paid, but previous owners get a promocode.

4 hours ago, Voros said:

@cacomonkey Delta Touch is basically an update and bug-fix to Doom Touch, bringing all the ports up-to-date. Doom Touch currently has GZDoom 1.8.6 and 2.1pre. This should tell you it's a bit out of the loop in source port development.

Delta Touch will include GZDoom 2.5.0 (IIRC, its 2.x for sure), updates to the other ports and a Doom Retro port too, giving us 4 ports on one device.

Not to mention the controls are excellent for a touchscreen. All the other control schemes in other Android ports are absolutely abysmal. D-Touch's controls are precise and reliable. Other ports I tried had either jerky/buggy controls or ugly control schemes.

Not to mention it runs GZDoom very smoothly. And if your device is powerful enough, it can run even the most resource intensive mods out there. The mere fact it can load mods/PWADs is another plus about D-Touch.

Surprisingly, once you get the hang on the controls, you'll be able to play slaughtermaps.

I would love to play community-created wads on my android device, but I wonder if I could ever get used to the touchscreen controls.  I'm thinking some type of sensitive dual-stick emulation would be best for this.  Maybe someone has come up with a touch screen control scheme that really is effective.  My device is an Asus ZenPad 3S 6-core 10" tablet so hopefully it's got the juice to do some serious slaughter mappage.  I'd happily pay for something like this when it hits the playstores.  I bought Magic DOSBOX and that DS emulator not too long ago and don't regret it at all.  Would love to have a quality gzdoom port for android.

What are you waiting for? You can download D-Touch from Amazon right now. And yes, the control scheme does involve dual sticks.

7 hours ago, Voros said:

What are you waiting for? You can download D-Touch from Amazon right now. And yes, the control scheme does involve dual sticks.

I think I'll just wait for Delta Touch with the newer GZdoom builds and bug fixes.

On 6/20/2017 at 6:40 PM, Voros said:

What's the difference between prboom and this new retro port that i just heard off?

@beloko i see you liking this post but may i ask (im sure this is frequently asked) but why does the app keeps crashing whenever i typed in the "info" command in the gzdoom console and will the fix for this particular bug be included in delta?

Doom Retro is another source port. It'll be added alongside PrBoom+, Chocolate Doom and GZDoom, this providing us with 4 ports instead of 3.

As for the info crash, I believe it happens because the player isn't looking at any actor to dump the information from. I haven't checked it out as of yet as I just found out what info actually does :P

Edited by Voros

1 hour ago, GripZ said:

@beloko i see you liking this post but may i ask (im sure this is frequently asked) but why does the app keeps crashing whenever i typed in the "info" command in the gzdoom console and will the fix for this particular bug be included in delta?

It should be fixed, or least fixable with the latest versions (I've never tried info cmd).

7 hours ago, Voros said:

As for the info crash, I believe it happens because the player isn't looking at any actor to dump the information from. I haven't checked it out as of yet as I just found out what info actually does :P

I was looking at a actor doe.