Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The first 3D game on the Playstation 1 was awful, what could happen this time around?

OH LOOK, A GAME TRAILER! AREN'T THESE GAME DESIGNERS WONDERFUL?!

Some things are better left dead and gone. Bubsy is annoying with 3 progressively terribly designed games.

Why.

13 minutes ago, Da Werecat said:

Imagine if it comes out and it's actually a decent game.

Expecting anything other than a shitty product is just silly to me. I mean, who are they even marketing this game to? Bubsy fans? Do those exist? I've never heard of them. 2D platform fans? They hate the original games and how it controlled. I really can't see the market for this, other than just working on brand-recognition because "this was a thing from the 90s that some people know about".

I'm super baffled watching this trailer. That voice is obviously not the original Bubsy voice actor, though his performance is still about as bad. His character design looks very different from the old one. Again... If there are any Bubsy fans out there, I can't see how they would appreciate these changes.

Uh oh, Plok is going to be PISSED when he hears about this.

10 minutes ago, HavoX said:

Uh oh, Plok is going to be PISSED when he hears about this.

Oh man, I would love to play a Plok sequel! I know it's not the best platformer, but damn it's great compared to Bubsy.

5 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

What could be possibly go wrong?

The furries I assume. Watch the reviews turn toxic without talking about the game.

The only way I see this game doing well is because of people who buy it ironically, and trying to get some laughs out of it, which I suspect was the intention of the developers. Is either that or they have no fucking idea about the internet.

After playing Giana Sisters 2D from the same studio the game felt flat like a relaxing, sedate Mario clone rather than an exciting or fun game. A lot of my deaths was from hitting my head while jumping over a pit. With that said its still better than 90% of other indie platformers that are strictly bare bones and tough as nails almost from the start.

As for this new Bubsy game it looks as if Bubsy could be replaced with any character and it would still feel the same.

Edited by geo

This is funny and not unwelcome news! It's no James Pond, but it's funny. Gumball machines and random innocuous things are still trying to kill Bubsy pawsibly?

26 minutes ago, YukiHerz said:

Unless its an unofficial account it has to suck for the IP owners... now Sega seems interested enough to save them. Maybe for the next game.

I've always loved the original Bubsy title. The levels were fun, inventive, had cleverly designed multiple paths, the soundtrack was phenomenal, and the title character was humorous and endearing. Everything about the game played exceptionally well, and had a ton of heart. Sequel was good, too. In fact, I'm just going to say it; Bubsy is better than Sonic the Hedgehog. The character is better and the games are better.

I'm glad this is happening. I've missed that crazy rascal. 

Edited by Ajora

I was gonna post a picture of Sonic pointing a gun to his head, but I couldn't find anything that wasn't poorly drawn fanart.

first off, this isn't going to end well. at all.

secondly, kinda unrelated, but i found this at a goodwill a couple weeks ago

0oMBKSJ.jpg

i didn't even know they ported bubsy to the pc :p

15 hours ago, CARRiON said:

Some things are better left dead and gone. Bubsy is annoying with 3 progressively terribly designed games.

Why.

There was actually 4 games believe it or not.

-

Why must garbage characters keep getting brought back? Is Blinx the Time Cat next?

3 hours ago, mrthejoshmon said:

Why must garbage characters keep getting brought back? Is Blinx the Time Cat next?

i thought blinx was a good game?

It could be good...

13 hours ago, geo said:

Giana Sisters 2D from the same studio

welp, nevermind.

Call me crazy if you want to, but I'm actually cautiously excited for this. Sure, there's no denying how horrendous the prior Bubsy titles are, but here we have a legitimate chance for the series to get it right, if just once. Let's not be instantly judgmental, alright?

10 minutes ago, Pinchy said:

[/img]

Good lord, that is absolutely horrific. Who in the right mind would go through the trouble of designing that?