Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phade102

How many DECORATE Lumps should be in your wad?

Ill be honest, i'm not sure if decorate lumps are meant to all be merged in to one. i'm using five right now. I'm seeing no issues at all with it, but i'm wondering if it will eventually cause issues down the line? i'm mapping for zdoom and gzdoom.

You can put as many as you want into your mod, they will always be loaded. You only have to be careful when they have dependencies on each other, in that case it is recommended to rename them and use 'include'.

49 minutes ago, Graf Zahl said:

You can put as many as you want into your mod, they will always be loaded. You only have to be careful when they have dependencies on each other, in that case it is recommended to rename them and use 'include'.

I believe I encountered an issue like that when trying to include the Bruiser Demon and the Cybruiser. because they both used the Brus abrieviation.

Thank you though Graf Zahl, I didnt want it to cause any problems down the line.

1 hour ago, Phade102 said:

I believe I encountered an issue like that when trying to include the Bruiser Demon and the Cybruiser. because they both used the Brus abrieviation.

No, that problem would be the same if their definitions were in a single DECORATE lump as if they were in separate DECORATE lumps, because it's the sprites themselves that override each other due to having same names, not the DECORATE codes. Graf Zahl is talking about inheritance.

Edited by scifista42

We long had the answer, we finally have the question.

3 hours ago, scifista42 said:

No, that problem would be the same if their definitions were in a single DECORATE lump as if they were in separate DECORATE lumps, because it's the sprites themselves that override each other due to having same names, not the DECORATE codes. Graf Zahl is talking about inheritance.

Fair enough! learn something new every day, thanks!