Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheV1perK1ller

Disjunction demos [-complevel 9]

3 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

BTW, not having a space between "-complevel" and "9" is killing me ;P

Sorry about that, do you know how I can edit the topic title? I haven't done so before . :P

3 minutes ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

Sorry about that, do you know how I can edit the topic title? I haven't done so before . :P

Probably edit the top post? I'm not sure though because I haven't done that before either.

Also, the /idgames entry is not the new version, and my demos are all based on the new version, which is the Google drive one. Probably need to put this in the top just in case.

5 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Probably edit the top post? I'm not sure though because I haven't done that before either.

Also, the /idgames entry is not the new version, and my demos are all based on the new version, which is the Google drive one. Probably need to put this in the top just in case.

Fixed and fixed. Sorry for the trouble, I'm still relatively new at this ;P

7 minutes ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

Fixed and fixed. Sorry for the trouble, I'm still relatively new at this ;P

No problem, we all are ;)

Hmm, the latest version still hasn't been uploaded to idgames. @floatRand, stop messing with it and upload, you can't change anything anymore now that there are demos. :)

On one hand, I want to see an update to fix that Arch-vile on Map10, or simply tell me how to make it teleport in. But, on the other hand, I don't want to see this because this made me feel stupid if it's accessible. Am I crazy? Probably. ;P

Talking about the ammo problem in the maps, I don't really think there's a problem though. I have to say my opinions change while I'm going through the maps. Yeah, my order of picking maps is "08 -> 09 -> 07 -> 04 -> 06 -> 10", and this probably affects my original opinions a little bit since I started at the more difficult ones intentional.

The only maps I don't really like now are 04 and 06. Map04 feels like you have to work against RNG, or punch everything, and Map06 should have a SSG since it's not that difficult a fight even without SSG, but it improves the experience. Of course, these are just personal preference, or I suck at punching ;P  BTW, I like Map08, for real.

Now it's killing me when I discovered I type something wrong in the txt file of this, so I went and updated all of them... Oh god, my English!

Comrades! I wanted to overcome this specifically, a couple months ago before the wad was updated this map, shortly speaking, its interesting and I recorded a UV max demo. In addition, this topic gave me a push to do so etc...

I will attach fail run just to show what can distress speedrunner, mildly speaking lol

dj04-1157.zip

dj04-fail.zip

Edited by Player177 : Fixed demo for the proper wad in prboom autoloader

3 minutes ago, Player177 said:

I will attach fail run just to show what can distress speedrunner, mildly speaking lol

It seems I can't watch your demo. Did you change the name of the WAD?

9 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

It seems I can't watch your demo. Did you change the name of the WAD?

Youre right! For demo record I used this line: prboom-plus.exe -complevel 9 -iwad doom2.wad -file disjunct2.wad -skill 4 -fullscreen -warp 4 -record iddqd10

While renaming a wad isn't a problem for playing back a demo from the command line or a launcher, it does confuse prboom's autoloader which reads information from the footer. I'd generally advise against it. I mean, if floatRoand ever makes a sequel and calls it disjunct2.wad, that demo would autoload with a wrong file, heh.

On 26.06.2017 at 7:39 PM, dew said:

While renaming a wad isn't a problem for playing back a demo from the command line or a launcher, it does confuse prboom's autoloader which reads information from the footer. I'd generally advise against it. I mean, if floatRoand ever makes a sequel and calls it disjunct2.wad, that demo would autoload with a wrong file, heh.

This is fixed! The downloadable demos for map4 now will properly autoload in prboom! Gratitude is sent to Mr.dew for enlightening the neophyte and correcting the demos

@Player177

How can you modify the .lmp file? Because sometimes I may get into this wrong name BS, so I want to know that before hand. Also, is there a way to fast forward while viewding demo?

I've watched the failed run. I think this may be a PrBoom+ thing because I was using GZDoom back then and didn't have this. You demo makes me want to redo this level since I was only concerned about passing the level back then, but this level is stressful, as you said ;P

3 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

How can you modify the .lmp file? Because sometimes I may get into this wrong name BS, so I want to know that before hand. Also, is there a way to fast forward while viewding demo?

You need a hex editor, I prefer pspad. Then you open the demo lump in it and scroll to the bottom. You'll see this:

TVztb0B.png

A Doom demo ends with a byte of hexadecimal value 80. Everything that follows is the prboom-plus footer with additional information for playback. Edit the correct pwad name there. If the length of the string changed, you also need to correct that. The highlighted section in the picture is 77 bytes long, which translates to 4D in hexa (and the letter M in ascii code). pr+ will fail to autoload if the first byte of that section provides wrong length.

Re: the other question, prboom-plus lets you set up keys for speeding up and slowing down the game pace and also skip towards the next intermission/next map. However there's no arbitrary ingame forward jump similar to the skipsec command line parameter.

@dewThanks for the detailed answer. I'll definitely do some experiment later. If I modify the length, I should look up the corresponding letter (or maybe a symbol) in the ASCII code and replace that "M" with the new symbol, right?

Yes, although you'll be inserting the hexadecimal value, not the ASCII symbol. There are tons of online coverters for that, for example this one.

4 hours ago, Player177 said:

GarrettChan, it only remains for me to ask: "when to expect a demo?"

Well, if you're asking me, I don't want to play this map soon because it's very stressful... I've done the first pass of this map, which is this Youtube video, but it's very sloppy play and 2 minutes slower than your run.

Archvile behind the dj console

I hope there won't be any troubles with starting this lmp. All lmp files on my PC are not associated with a program

dj07-312.zip