Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheV1perK1ller

Disjunction demos [-complevel 9]

Yeah, good to see new records! For Lambda Base the time is great! I even felt like I want to update some maps time on dsda since every demo that I made back then wasn't really fast but at least the routes were right for me. Especially this concerns demos for map4 and map7. The first is too slow and the second can be optimised really nice with smart berserk usage.  Anyway, every demorun of Disjunction that I've submitted needs to be improved by more experienced speedruner. I thought the same before and still think so.

On 8/2/2018 at 11:35 PM, Bloodite Krypto said:

MAP02 - UV-Max in 4:52

Almost got stopped by the Chaingunner on your run to the secret. The autoaim let down. Man, I really dislike the ssg in runs soo much and ingore using it?! Maybe so and here I see real nice ammo management!

Thanks! Lambda base max attempts really pissed me off! Which is unusual as I'm often laid back when speedrunning, but this map manages to conjure up so much RNG bollocks with monsters misbehaving, it fucks up a lot of attempts and started to push my tolerance threshold too far.

45 minutes ago, Bloodite Krypto said:

Thanks! Lambda base max attempts really pissed me off! Which is unusual as I'm often laid back when speedrunning, but this map manages to conjure up so much RNG bollocks with monsters misbehaving, it fucks up a lot of attempts and started to push my tolerance threshold too far.

I watched the demo and it's very entertaining to watch. I feel like the resource given in Disjunction is very likely to cause this. If the monsters didn't infight in a certain scale, you need to use SSG to deal with individual enemies due to shortage of Rockets and Cells, which is very slow. I'm not sure whether you can feel the resource problem here.

1 hour ago, Bloodite Krypto said:

Getting pissed off is a general reaction from me when I speedrun (which is sort of why I've not attempted one in ages...).

i follow @Ancalagon's advice for speedruns - hopefully he can find his quote but to paraphrase it was "pick the fastest (and therefore normally least survivable) route, grab some snacks, and have fun"