Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CaptainManiac

The Beast:Massacre in Helm City [WIP]

I started this project this year and it is meant to feature one big map,free roaming elements,RPG and upgrade system,human enemies,brutal killing and tormenting,blood,cannibalism and very well set of horror elements and also dynamic NPC spawn and control throughout the gameplay.The story will also be partly implemented in the game.

So,the story is:A worker was drugged by his son,but this was little for him.Knowing that he is drugged he saved most of his conscoiunness until he got home seeing his son and his wife also drugged and 69ing.When they notice him being home they started behaving like beasts and try to brutally slaughter him,but he slaughters them without much choice.This unleashes the beast in him.He knows that nothing can be returned and his life will be only being beast and slaughtering everyone.He has only knife and molotovs and incinerates his house then starts slaughtering everyone in his neighbourhood and attracts police's attention.He kills the police and grabs their guns and continues his massacre that lenghtens its range to the city's airport and the police station.Eventually,many people are killed,but the army catch him and try to use him for their own military project.but he escapes,getting guns of mass destruction with him and destroying the entire base.He kills every human enemy and and skins him and feasts him and uses his skin to make medications and other stuff for himself.But in the end,Robotic armies are sent and he kills them,but they use radiation bullets and pulse weapons similar to these found in the military base.He kills them to end,but he is also heavily wounded and before his death he claims that after all massacre his time,just like the time of his victims has come and nothing will or shall be returned.

Enough spoiling.The map is currently at its very early stage.Here are photos and description over them.

The map from top down view.It is made in GZDOOM Builder.My mapping skills are fucked though.

TheVeryEarlyMapStage1.jpg.81fc0631d0ed37bfe8d4a0e60bb23057.jpg

The military base in front.Cannot be blown up by anything.Just the populace can be slaughtered if there are any.

TheVeryEarlyMapStage2.jpg.ed041e50b130f498a16036ab1bd0f892.jpg

A couple of flats.You cannot enter them and you can slaughter the populace around them.

TheVeryEarlyMapStage3.jpg.11b89899c7e74544e407789af2046e39.jpg

In the military base.2 rooms for now.

TheVeryEarlyMapStage4.jpg.002f29cf8b6616f56a5a881f4e0e3289.jpg

First Room in the Military Base.Weapon room,weapons are secured by pillar platforms that can be lowered by using a wall computer.

TheVeryEarlyMapStage5.jpg.2e80f51a944c1c0cff878f04d20765a9.jpg

The second room.A Research Lab.In the centre there is a containing sector in which is supposed to be a war machine and the computer on its left lowers the transparent pillar sector and unleashes the unstoppable killing machine,on the right there is a computer that crushes the ceiling in that sector and sends the killing machine into the Void of Atoms it was synthetised from.

TheVeryEarlyMapStage6.jpg.93ea66fea82b0848e77a640f8f690383.jpg

The second computer that destroys the war machine.I captured it on a separate picture.

TheVeryEarlyMapStage7.jpg.edcfa4d2dcde710b5954adc5594d3e21.jpg

I hope this is a good design.Feel free to tell me everything wrong with it.I will update the topic with a changelog.

6 minutes ago, Da Werecat said:

Sounds like a masterpiece in the making. Not everyone will understand though.

Well,it would be if I imporove my graphicsl designing skills,because i am not good at doing graphics from scratch.Also,this WAD is for urban zone massacre mainly,not for demonic invasion.

Currently working at the military base,the third room is with beds for the soldiers made from wood,you guess what wood and also a table to sit and chitchat.

A preview of them.The lamps are for aestheticness.The table is in center and can be distinguished by the green panels on its sides.Hope this restroom is good after all.I later tried to put candles on it,but the table was too small for putting them and there would be no place for other stuff at all.

Screenshot_Doom_20170610_222019.png

Screenshot_Doom_20170610_222028.png

Edited by CaptainManiac : Forgot to say something

2 hours ago, CaptainManiac said:
Spoiler

So,the story is:A worker was drugged by his son,but this was little for him.Knowing that he is drugged he saved most of his conscoiunness until he got home seeing his son and his wife also drugged and 69ing.When they notice him being home they started behaving like beasts and try to brutally slaughter him,but he slaughters them without much choice.This unleashes the beast in him.He knows that nothing can be returned and his life will be only being beast and slaughtering everyone.He has only knife and molotovs and incinerates his house then starts slaughtering everyone in his neighbourhood and attracts police's attention.He kills the police and grabs their guns and continues his massacre that lenghtens its range to the city's airport and the police station.Eventually,many people are killed,but the army catch him and try to use him for their own military project.but he escapes,getting guns of mass destruction with him and destroying the entire base.He kills every human enemy and and skins him and feasts him and uses his skin to make medications and other stuff for himself.But in the end,Robotic armies are sent and he kills them,but they use radiation bullets and pulse weapons similar to these found in the military base.He kills them to end,but he is also heavily wounded and before his death he claims that after all massacre his time,just like the time of his victims has come and nothing will or shall be returned.

You should write a novel.

Can you use spaces after punctuation to improve readability? Thanks.

10 hours ago, rdwpa said:

You should write a novel.

Hm,I tried 2 times and wasn't successful.And also,who will read novels about insane cannibal that slaughters everyone on his way?

Hi,i will make parts of the map destructible to ensure they will crash with big explosions and obliterate all living things and breakable things in their radius.

The metal producing factory,it has its own mine,and conveyor belt.The iron ore is transported from the mine to the big furnace via carts and conveyor belt.The conveyor belt was supposed to work,but since the building is destructible and will be used as a big environmental kill(the explosion effect script is many many lines and does not work perfectly) it was not point in working after the building is destroyed.If you shoot the barrels near the furnace it will unleashe an earthquake and will summon explosions and then the chimney will lower and its textures will change to rock.Here are 3 photos of the interior.

1.Exploson effect with default rockets

Screenshot_Doom_20170616_210720.png.c527ed33bbc19cd9db0fb6487cd1dfef.png

2.Interior:the furnace with barrels

Screenshot_Doom_20170616_210925.png.569f9f0beaa85eb6ac998a235479487b.png

3.The mine is in the building and no one is supposed to go there,but if you fall there some lines can launch you outta there.The explosions are also in the interior.

Screenshot_Doom_20170616_210932.png.296dc4c0abbc0a211c4d69ef34970d29.png

I hope you enjoy.

You still have some screenshoots here, so try once again and save copies in external place.