Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

This Was One of the Best Maps I Ever Played...

...and I wish the user would come back. The thread deviated into some shitposting about IP and legal permissions, but ignore the red herring. If you haven't played this yet and enjoy PSX-styled mapsets, you owe it to yourself. It still occupies my mind even now, and I'm not one to hand put praise without restraint. 

Click here for the one of the best, under-the-radar maps, ever.

Easily one of the best hell skies I've ever seen. A mix of hell-city and hell-mountains while commiting itself to neither. Haven't played the whole map but I'll bookmark it for future consumption. "thumbs-up"

Even if my words only reached Cupboard, my thread has not been in vain.

AH...this map. I've played it and it's a nice recreation of a "what if" scenario in Phobos Anomaly...It's a great map nonetheless.

It's really nice to see all the positive feedback on this wonderful map. Like some of you, I'm also disappointed the author hasn't returned to the community since. I've added him to my follow list in case he does, though. 

This is a wonderful map that really showcases the very best that this community has to offer. Really loved the custom enemies, the exquisite use of lighting, and the incredible skybox. No complaints. 

Cool, I missed this when it first came out. Excellent hellish atmosphere.

Been trying this out.  Very dark and different from most wads.  It seems massive, with little areas you can wander off to that are off the beaten track.  So most people playing this will certainly never see everything on a single first playthrough.  It looks best under the new GZDoom 32-bit true color software mode except for that... well, that hellsky, which I agree is one of the best skyboxes you'll ever see in a Doom wad, but unfortunately it's severely bugged and is cut in half with the halves placed right on top of each other in true color software mode. Too bad since it's pretty fantastic.  Just play it in zdoom or GZdoom for a less jarring experience if you like to look up.