Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UniqueDeath

SSG in Ultimate Doom? Looked everywhere...

I have looked through every Google link for a way to get the SSG in Ultimate Doom but I cannot get a concrete WAD or guidelines to do so. Could anyone here help me out? I tried a mediafire link that apppears in one of the first links from Google from doomworld, but it's dead. I would really appreciate some help.

If you're using (G)ZDoom, just drag Doom2.wad into the launcher and launch Doom.wad. Then you can get the Super Shotgun by using IDKFA, or console command "summon supershotgun".

However, this seems doesn't work on PrBoom+ though.

Simple. Use DECORATE.

In the PK3 file of GZDoom (or other ZDoom ports) the SSG is already defined. From the top of my head, I'd do this:

ACTOR SSG : SuperShotgun
{
   Game Doom
}

And would save it under the name DECORATE and nclude the SSG sprites and sounds along with it in a WAD/PK3.

As for ports like PrBoom+, Chocolate, you'll have to resort to using Dehacked or BEX (which I'm not that familar with).

Edited by Voros

On 6/11/2017 at 9:39 PM, GarrettChan said:

If you're using (G)ZDoom, just drag Doom2.wad into the launcher and launch Doom.wad. Then you can get the Super Shotgun by using IDKFA, or console command "summon supershotgun".

I can get both WAD's to load into the GZDoom Launcher, but launching Doom.wad and using IDKFA or the console command doesn't do anything. I am literally as novice as you can get with this stuff. I've loved doom since I was 5 years old, but have never done any modifications to it like this or played any other type of Doom, just always played the vanilla versions.

On 6/11/2017 at 9:44 PM, Voros said:

Simple. Use DECORATE.

In the PK3 file of GZDoom (or other ZDoom ports) the SSG is already defined. From the top of my head, I'd do this:

ACTOR SSG : SuperShotgun
{
   Game Doom
}

And would save it under the name DECORATE and nclude the SSG sprites and sounds along with it in a WAD/PK3.

As for ports like PrBoom+, Chocolate, you'll have to resort to using Dehacked or BEX (which I'm not that familar with).

Thanks for the reply Voros, but when it comes to what you're asking me to do, I am completely lost on where to start. Is DECORATE a program used to edit PK3 files? How do you include the SSG sprites and compile them/join them into a WAD? I'm just looking to get the SSG in Ultimate DOOM, not any other versions. Sorry for my incompetency. 

Use Slade for that. You can get the sprites and copy/paste it. Same for the DECORATE lump...

What I said was "dragging Doom2.wad to the GZDoom launcher, when the dialogue box pops up asking what IWAD you're going to use, choose Doom.wad"

3 hours ago, UniqueDeath said:

Thanks for the reply Voros, but when it comes to what you're asking me to do, I am completely lost on where to start. Is DECORATE a program used to edit PK3 files? How do you include the SSG sprites and compile them/join them into a WAD? I'm just looking to get the SSG in Ultimate DOOM, not any other versions. Sorry for my incompetency

Open a TXT file and copy paste what I wrote in it (but not the "Game Doom",). Save the TXT file as DECORATE.

To get the SSG, extract it from Doom 2 by using an editor, such as Slade (or Deutex).

Once you have the sprites, preferably in PNG format, create a folder called "sprites" somewhere. Move the SSG sprites in this folder. Then compress the folder AND DECORATE.TXT into a new zip file.

Once you're done, you should have a zip file with these contents:

DECORATE.TXT

sprites/

Rename this ZIP file to PK3 and load it up with GZDoom.

Do you want me to upload the mod for for you instead?

You don't actually even need decorate for this - I'm certain there's an existing wad and deh combo that achieves this out there that runs in vanilla. WRONG!

I remember playing it on a shareware CD back in the olden times! Shame I'm on my phone, I'd love to find this.

Edited by Doomkid

For ZDoom, all you need is provide the sprites. The SSG is a standard weapon in Doom and as long as its sprites are present it can be used with Doom.wad.

In vanilla the SSG is hardcoded not to be usable in Doom 1, just like the Megasphere. You'd need more than a dehacked patch to disable this limitation.

By the way, Crispy Doom also has an option to play with the SSG in Doom 1. You need to run it like this:

"crispy-doom.exe -iwad doom.wad -file doom2.wad doom.wad", then you will be able to obtain the SSG via the IDFA or TNTWEAP9 cheat.

On 6/16/2017 at 8:19 PM, Graf Zahl said:

In vanilla the SSG is hardcoded not to be usable in Doom 1, just like the Megasphere. You'd need more than a dehacked patch to disable this limitation.

I remember hearing this before - Knowing shovelware stuff, I very well may have just been playing a pwad for Doom2 that simply contained the Doom1 maps with SSGs added in..

On 6/12/2017 at 0:39 AM, GarrettChan said:

This works which is cool, just wondering if there are other side effects of doing  this? For me it changes the menu image to Doom 2's, and has the Doom 2 logo at the top of the menu when you hit Esc. Does this effect any ingame textures, enemies, or anything? I mean for using this with UltDoom user wads for example.

1 hour ago, PsychoGoatee said:

This works which is cool, just wondering if there are other side effects of doing  this? For me it changes the menu image to Doom 2's, and has the Doom 2 logo at the top of the menu when you hit Esc. Does this effect any ingame textures, enemies, or anything? I mean for using this with UltDoom user wads for example.

I checked around and didn't see any obvious difference. I guess the texture names are the same since D2 visually almost the same as U.Doom. Therefore, I guess there are no other consequences by doing so.

1 hour ago, GarrettChan said:

I checked around and didn't see any obvious difference. I guess the texture names are the same since D2 visually almost the same as U.Doom. Therefore, I guess there are no other consequences by doing so.

Right on, thanks.

1 minute ago, PsychoGoatee said:

Right on, thanks.

No problem, enjoy blasting demons' faces off with the almighty SSG ;P