Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

I was thinking of getting TNO, but I read bad reviews on Steam that said it wouldn't work with Radeon RX series graphics cards. I might get a GTX 1050.

Just to warn ye guys, something obvious:

If you don't want ye head to be hurtin', and if you have something to do, do not check out the comment section of the video.

It is just a waste of time and energy.

I mean fucking SHEESH do not go, you will just get sucked in super quick and then poof there goes your valuable time.

13 minutes ago, Battle_Kirby said:

If you don't want ye head to be hurtin', and if you have something to do, do not check out the comment section of the video.

This is like the fifth time I've read this today and I've only been awake for an hour.

Anyway, looks like an awesome game.  I loved the guy who gave BJ some whiskey.

24 minutes ago, Battle_Kirby said:

This made me check the comments section, all I saw where people complaining about appherently pro-nazi comments But I didn't actually see any, is this a meme or are the comments being filtered?

8 minutes ago, MrD!zone said:

B.J. is now a "champion" in the new Quake game.

...ugh. I'm not too sure how I feel about that game anymore lately. It was very strange seeing him in the game as a champion too. 

21 minutes ago, MrGlide said:

This made me check the comments section, all I saw where people complaining about appherently pro-nazi comments But I didn't actually see any, is this a meme or are the comments being filtered?

The comments are there, but there at the bottom of the comment section. Really though its just a bunch of alt-right losers getting triggered because the black character called BJ "white boy" and there complaining how id software is trying to push there "anti-white liberal agenda" as well as complaining about how the game portrays nazis in a negative light. Ya its pretty cancerous down there. 

1 hour ago, MrGlide said:

38 minutes ago, Doominator2 said:

The comments are there, but there at the bottom of the comment section. Really though its just a bunch of alt-right losers getting triggered because the black character called BJ "white boy" and there complaining how id software is trying to push there "anti-white liberal agenda" as well as complaining about how the game portrays nazis in a negative light. Ya its pretty cancerous down there. 

Not only it is just terrible as it is, it is a waste of time trying to find them. I found them, was disappointed. It ended up hurting my head, just how this thing managed to become a thing. I mean, its just... bad. The trailer made me psyched, but the comments just brought me back down :P

So yes, a friendly reminder, if you have something to do later, just watch the trailer and live on. Comment section is totally unrelatable now.

All the comments in the world won't dilute my hype for this motherfucker. I literally just (late to the party, as is my way with a lot of these things) finished The New Order for the first time, too.

This, well. This is how you put together a trailer. World-building, (more) great characters, sneak peek at mechanics -- I'm utterly sold. Looks great.

Already pre-ordered it!! It looks freaking amazing!! Plus I fell in love with both TNO and TOB -- can't wait. And the DOOM4 engine looks stunningly lifelike in a few scenes - I was genuinely floored! ;)

Let's get back into the trailer:

-Looks like Caroline Becker is going to die. How else do we get that power armor shown?

-Just like in Wolf: TNO, you either get the choice of either having Fergus or Wyatt as a teammate. How they're going to handle this escapes me. 

-Not only do we get to duel-wield, we also get to wield two different guns. 

-Panzerhunds now breathe fire. Need I say more?

Thoughts on these observations?

Edited by Man of Doom

5 hours ago, MFG38 said:

I mean obviously it's gonna run on id Tech 6. It's the least dated version of the engine.

Yeah well, Dishonored 2's use of their shit Void engine (which happened to be based on the awful id Tech 5) had me a little concerned. You can't put too much faith in developers anymore these days.

id Tech 6 runs smooth as butter, so I was crossing my fingers and hoping they'd had the proper sense to use it.

1 hour ago, CARRiON said:

Yeah well, Dishonored 2's use of their shit Void engine (which happened to be based on the awful id Tech 5) had me a little concerned. You can't put too much faith in developers anymore these days.

id Tech 6 runs smooth as butter, so I was crossing my fingers and hoping they'd had the proper sense to use it.

The Vulkan API is also a godsend, more games need to utilize it.

As far as negative comments are concerned I was baffled by the amount of Fallout and Elder Scrolls kids whining on twitter because their time was apparently wasted as they 'stayed up for THIS?' and think Wolfenstein is 'lame'. Ya k den.

10 minutes ago, cyan0s1s said:

As far as negative comments are concerned I was baffled by the amount of Fallout and Elder Scrolls kids whining on twitter because their time was apparently wasted as they 'stayed up for THIS?' and think Wolfenstein is 'lame'. Ya k den.

Believe it or not, the larger Bethesda fan community is one of THE most toxic communities out there.

We're talking "League of Legends" toxic.

Case in point, before Fallout 4 was announced, this particular community  kept bitching over and over about there being no Fallout 4 announcement. Natch today with TES6, in spite of the fact it hasn't been announced yet. 

1 hour ago, Man of Doom said:

Case in point, before Fallout 4 was announced, this particular community  kept bitching over and over about there being no Fallout 4 announcement. Natch today with TES6, in spite of the fact it hasn't been announced yet. 

Bethesda has even said they aren't working on a new Elder Scrolls but instead two different brand new games; expecting an ES6 announcement was foolish as all hell yet it's blowing up on Reddit.

Not worth the effort to look into it, just from hearing about it though I'm left with a doubt that these people aren't just shitposting.

I'm sure there some some people who genuinely believe that but most are probably just shitposters like myself.

Funny how these people call everyone cucks but then act like a bunch of triggered feminists. The problems is that you can't tell who's genuine and who's not.

Edited by DooM_RO

3 hours ago, wheresthebeef said:

Bethesda has even said they aren't working on a new Elder Scrolls but instead two different brand new games; expecting an ES6 announcement was foolish as all hell yet it's blowing up on Reddit.

Bunch of spoiled entitled jackasses that do this stuff (or just shitposters in general). I'd much rather see something new for once and not the same old same old. Surprisingly (or maybe not so much a surprise if you're interested in it) the game I saw that I'm actually the most excited about so far has to be Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle. I was more than skeptical when I first heard about the leaks but damn it looks good! Finally something relatively fresh and promising in one of my all time favorite video game universes. Here's hoping for some more excitement for Super Mario Odyssey tomorrow :D (Sorry to get so off topic)

@MrDeAD1313 The idea of an XCom: Mario Mix is a novel concept, even if it's marred by proto-minions (apparently Miyamoto likes these shaggy goblins), and the visuals are also very nice and look convincingly Nintendo.

Still, I've always been burned by the thought that everything the Rabbids ever had could've been Rayman's instead. First a TV show, and now a Mario crossover. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rabbids get into Smash Bros. at this rate.

The real question is why would anyone want ES6 after Skyrim and Fallout 4?

6 minutes ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Maybe not casuals who haven't played any TES games beforehand, but long time bethesda veteran fans would like a continuation. Mostly since Skyrim was released in 2011, so people expected a sequel already. I, however, knew this year wasn't for ES6 (I just knew it, felt it inside my soul), but I am sure there would be one until 2020.

17 hours ago, Doominator2 said:

complaining about how the game portrays nazis in a negative light.

It's almost like Nazis are bad or something.

3 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

I'll come right out and say it: Skyrim is the only ES game that wasn't completely impenetrable to me. Morrowind is just a fucking mess, it has been since release, and Oblivion did absolutely nothing to make me care about the setting or the million goddamn made up words in it. Skyrim was compelling enough to let me immerse myself in the world it was trying to sell.

Fallout 4... Well. I'd say Fallout 4 is flawed but overall good. Fallout is one of my favorite franchises of all time -- the original helped me not kill myself during a particularly bad summer as a teenager so I'll fight anyone who hates on it. I really enjoyed Fallout 3 and New Vegas (3 a bit more than NV, but for different reasons.) As such, given how much flak FO4 got but knowing how fickle and unpleasable gamers are, I went in not knowing what to expect. The first major difference is they seem to have done a better job in realizing the physical world of the game, avoiding some of the repetitive design elements (a big part of that being vastly expanded art assets for a more varied experience -- 3 and NV's interiors were all very much the same set of textures ad nauseum.) The lighting and weather engine are also big improvements, more in line with what Skyrim did. As far as RPG elements... I'm still on the fence about how it changed the skill system. The writing is hit-or-miss as can be expected from Bethesda, though I'll posit that it's the first main quest that isn't complete shit since the original game (yeah, I went there.) I'm not a fan of the radiant quest system at all -- it lays bare what RPGs tend to be at heart (get quest, travel to place, kill things and/or get trinket, go back, end quest, holla holla get dolla) and the repetition makes the gaminess of it all far too obvious.

But I think its single greatest flaw is the voiced protagonist; while the VAs did a splendid job voicing the Sole Survivors, it's clear that Bethesda bit off a bit more than it could chew with the dialogue system. It's like if Quentin Tarantino had to write a script where he was charged by the word; having to pay voice actors means you're restricted in the kind of dialogue you can write, which is why so much of it is basically different inflections of the same line. (If you get the mod that writes out the entire line, this makes it much more obvious.) Bethesda's writing is hit-or-miss in the best of times; I think they ended up shooting themselves in the foot with the voiced protag.

Also, Nuka-World is a cool premise ruined by completely fucking up the writing.

I should probably stop writing forum posts as a stalling tactic.