Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

The game was fantastic! Old Blood was so epic and the weapons feel so good to shoot! Im really happy to see how goddamn fine is going by now. 

On 9/19/2017 at 11:04 AM, Man of Doom said:

I think I came in my pants when that new theme came on in this trailer. 

Was good except for the unnecessary cringey sex scene.

They made some really nice improvements to the gunplay in the old blood. I hope we see a continuation of that. I love the new tracer effects I saw in the roswell gameplay video. Can't wait for this to come out.

I deliberately didn't watch any gameplay trailers because I didn't want to be spoiled. I don't want to get used to how the guns sound and how the game feels in general. That's what happened with Doom 2016 for me and I think it affected my enjoyment of the game.

I've had very little coverage of this, as I am not going to be playing it any time soon as it is. But here's hoping it runs as well as DOOM '16 did.

This game needs multiplayer so bad. Whatever, it's Starbreeze or not. I need new something like RTCW!

I see no need for mp. The Devs said MP would end up distracting them from creating the SP experience that they wanted to create. As strong as their other titles are, and looking at previous Starbreeze work, I'm really happy with their decision. 

On 9/24/2017 at 3:52 PM, MrGlide said:

I see no need for mp. The Devs said MP would end up distracting them from creating the SP experience that they wanted to create. As strong as their other titles are, and looking at previous Starbreeze work, I'm really happy with their decision. 

They can just give it to another studio like Splash Damage to make it for them. 

Is it weird that while watching that new trailer, I thought, "Hey, for once black people don't look all fucked up in a 3D game!" Getting the skin/hair right is typically a pain in the ass for artists and I liked that the female character looked so well rendered.

I didn't like the previous game due to very short levels and never ending cut scenes. Also lots of real time Dragons Lair hit the button at the right time, just everything I don't like about modern shooters. Now I CAN sit and play through a game but I really got tired of everything unrelated to gameplay levels, which like I said were too brief.

3 minutes ago, varth said:

I didn't like the previous game due to very short levels and never ending cut scenes. Also lots of real time Dragons Lair hit the button at the right time, just everything I don't like about modern shooters. Now I CAN sit and play through a game but I really got tired of everything unrelated to gameplay levels, which like I said were too brief.

I think the cut-scenes were probably added last-minute. They are easily the weakest aspect of the New Order being not very well paced, seemingly written by an amature and very obviously covering load times. They were handled much better in the Old Blood, considering there were less of them and most were simply just transitions between levels. I hope that they hired a better writer for the cut-scenes in the New Colossus. That said I would rather have an amature cut-scene over a load screen of the same amount of time.

I hate the Hollywood-esque acting and music cues, and BJ being something of an emotional puppy dog than a badass Nazi killing machine. I about lost my shit when he was recounting the time he fell into a pond full of leeches and reflected it 'wasn't as deep as this' as I was descending into some water. Come think of it, all the characters were cliche as fuck. The gameplay is fun for the most part though.

Well i actually like the fact that despite his character being morw human that the player is still allowed to beasically gut a Nazi in two.

This BJ is basically a more "war torn" Hero than a Terminator type Hero and I like that.

3 hours ago, antares031 said:

[Video]

......Okay, that's it. I'm pre-ordering this one. Right now.

Welp, I guess we can figure out where Hitler's been for the past 15 years. In a coma or severely ill with Wilhelm Strasse acting as the head of the Reich in Hitler's absence. I wonder where his wife will be, since in this alternate timeline they clearly haven't committed suicide... Unless she was the woman who first responded to him entering the room, I don't know what Hitler's wife looked like.

Now that we know that Hitler is a part of the new Wolfenstein timeline, I wonder how Machine Games are going to handle his depiction...

Edited by Skeletonpatch

Zenimax doesn't seem especially eager to put their new games on GOG, since their more recent titles on this platform are Doom 3 BFG, Quake IV, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout NV. Notably, Wolf TNO and TOB aren't there yet, and neither are Doom 2016, Fallout 4, or Skyrim.

>get to kill KKK members too
>that ending

Oh FUCK yes

Maybe one of the bosses will be a KKK wizard who is literally a wizard or some shit.

2213132-hitler_ghost.png

1 minute ago, Red said:

Maybe one of the bosses will be a KKK wizard who is literally a wizard or some shit.

2213132-hitler_ghost.png

That is an elaborate marionette puppet with a flamethrower mounted in its chest... That is literally what the official description of that is...

I'd like to think that it's a wizard too...

Machinegames don't seem too keen on including paranormal themes, seeing as the zombies in the Old Blood are set up as having some sort of scientific explanation. I am a longtime fan of Return to Castle Wolfenstein (probably the first FPS I played all the way through), and it sucks that the more paranormal themes are mostly ignored nowadays. I think the Old Blood was mainly a means to satisfy those who wanted the paranormal elements that have been associated with the series since Spear of Destiny.

Hopefully Machinegames follows the same model with the New Colossus, and eventually release a standalone expansion in a similar vein to the Old Blood. But seeing as they are going to release story DLC, that seems less likely.

2 hours ago, Gez said:

Zenimax doesn't seem especially eager to put their new games on GOG, since their more recent titles on this platform are Doom 3 BFG, Quake IV, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout NV. Notably, Wolf TNO and TOB aren't there yet, and neither are Doom 2016, Fallout 4, or Skyrim.

I meant GMG.