Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Ever since I watched that politicizing trailer by Bethesda, I really have very little interest of playing this game.

I'll admit that the game looks pretty great, and it looks like the sort of game I'd enjoy, but I'm absolutely sick of people injecting politics into everything and I don't want to feed this sort of marketing garbage.

16 minutes ago, Agentbromsnor said:

Ever since I watched that politicizing trailer by Bethesda, I really have very little interest of playing this game.

I'll admit that the game looks pretty great, and it looks like the sort of game I'd enjoy, but I'm absolutely sick of people injecting politics into everything and I don't want to feed this sort of marketing garbage.

Lousy reason to not enjoy a game.

@Edward850
Way to miss the point there. I mean: who would have thought that during a time when everyone right of Stalin is considered a Nazi, some people get sick and tired when a company like Bethesda lifts some lines in their advertisement directly from fucking Antifa, of all things.

Again: I think the game is not the problem. It looks really cool and I like the more colourful approach.

1 minute ago, cyan0s1s said:

Lousy reason to not enjoy a game.

I might enjoy it at a later point, but at this moment I would feel bad for buying it. It just goes against my principles. I'm not berating anyone else for buying it though!

If Bethesda advertise dumb shit that's their fault, not MachineGames, they just want to make a fun FPS. Can't vouch for publishers' takes on things however.

2 minutes ago, Agentbromsnor said:

Way to miss the point there. I mean: who would have thought that during a time when everyone right of Stalin is considered a Nazi-

The irony in this could be mined and used to forge Irony Crosses.

1 hour ago, Agentbromsnor said:

Heavens forbid that a political message such as "fucking Nazis should never be tolerated" would be inserted into the noble and innocent medium of games where you shoot a lot of people. How politicizing.

I remember several times while playing RTCW years ago, saying "little fuck'n Nazi bitches!" simply because they were.

Why should anything change?

13 minutes ago, Gez said:

Heavens forbid that a political message such as "fucking Nazis should never be tolerated" would be inserted into the noble and innocent medium of games where you shoot a lot of people. How politicizing.

That's not what I was talking about. Of course Wolfenstein has always been about shooting Nazis. I just don't think dollar-eyed game-publishers should capitalize on a political climate. The whole "punching nazis" line is directly lifted from Antifa's banter.

No, I'm not "alt-right", I don't care about politics. Just leave this shit out of my games.

Have you thought that perhaps, if you are anti-antifa, that means you are profa?

6 minutes ago, Agentbromsnor said:

The whole "punching nazis" line is directly lifted from Antifa's banter.

Because nobody has ever thought of punching nazis in Wolfenstein before, right?

The advertising strategy was bound to happen. The developers were asked questions incessantly by almost every game journalist about Wolfenstein 2's relevance in the current political climate, especially the American one, and gaming forums frequently talked about it as well after it was announced during E3. Marketing/Bethesda/Zenimax are being smart and capitalising on it,  at the end of the day they're a business and they want to make money. No different than Hatred courting over people who hated "PC Culture." Just different values is all. Wolfenstein TNO's advertising was much more typical.

That said, while the game doesn't exactly have BJ punching Pepe or whatever and winking at the screen. It does deal with America's worst aspects much more heavily than the first going off the 3 hours of footage I watched.

38 minutes ago, Agentbromsnor said:

The whole "punching nazis" line is directly lifted from Antifa's banter.

Yeah, they should've went with "shooting nazis in their stupid racist asshole face, or better yet the neck, so you can hear the blood invading the windpipe as they gasp for air, or alternatively chopping their goddamn heads off with an axe, or maybe slowly burn them to death as they cry in pain". Because hey, that's what you actually do in the game. So surely advertising it would be al.right and in no way political. Just holy shit don't advertise punching them!!!

Doomworld really needs a laugh react.

All art is political. Video games are a form of art. Therefore, video games are political. Whining about politics in your precious video games shows how tone deaf you are.

I don't even care that Bethesda is cynically capitalizing on the current Nazi Terror situation to market their game. I'm more concerned that a video game publisher is the only company taking a truly unequivocal stance against Nazism.

I'v a friend whos beaten it already. It seemed like he really enjoyed it. He was able to get Doom'16 like a week early as well.

As long as they don't try to hamfistedly call a nazi anyone who is not a libtard (I don't mean liberal) and don't try to shove communism down my throat I am sure I will have a blast with it. The character named Joseph Stallion has me worried but otherwise it's looking like a damn fine game. Just because the commies were our allies during WW2 doesn't mean they were the good guys. People forget they had their own special brand of holocausts.

Edited by DooM_RO

Ya, Where was all the outrage for the communism in the Black ops games? I don't know, for me, It's an ideology I don't believe is healthy, but I don't rabidly hate it like some people it seems. Thats the biggest firestarter about the game on the wolfenstein facebook page. I think some people are acting very childish about it.

14 hours ago, Gez said:

Have you thought that perhaps, if you are anti-antifa, that means you are profa?

That's the most ridiculous and presumptuous bullshit I've read so far.

"I'm against radical communists terrorizing the streets and silencing people with a different political opinion, therefore I'm pro fascism".

Seriously man, go fuck yourself with that.

No game developer is smart enough to properly talk about Communism anyway 

Like VERY funny there are people actually thinking there is an ounce of a chance at FUCKING WOLFENSTEIN portraying Communism (the system not the WW2 allies) in a positive light, let alone try to force it down anyone's throats? Get real my dudes, they are either gonna be closeted bad guys or gonna sacrifice themselves for the greater good.