Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avoozl

Bethesda Creation Club and paid for mods returning

Looks like Bethesda may be at it again with paid for mods.

Edited by Avoozl

oh good grief

I guess they haven't learned from the last time they attempted something like this.

Never played Fallout 4, tried Skyrim but I lost my heart to the Dark Elves in Morrowind years ago. Going on the short video, this does seem to be different than what they tried with Steam. I get the impression it's more like a partnership between Bethesda and modders seeing how it's integrated into the games. I don't think I'll ever pay for mods, I donate when something really impresses me but paying for something I could make myself if I really wanted to, seems weird for some reason.

This doesn't quite seem the same thing, as it isn't an open market anyone can be part of.

Strikes me more like Bethesda devs had come up with a load of little gameplay DLCs and want to sell them.

It is suspiciously like Elder Scrolls Online's Crown system, microtransaction non-important extras that end up just looking nice and not much else.

I hope to god it is just that and not something more sinister like main DLCs being in there for copious amounts of credits and unavailable elsewhere (also like ESO).

Maybe because most EA games dont have mod support lol :P

The best option would be to just implement a donation system but obviously Bethesda wants their cut as well...

Good luck. People are cheap. Some people have 100 mods. If each mod costs $1 or even 50 cents, imagine how much money that will be. I'd be happier with a Bethesda approved pack of fan made mods than paying for 50 - 200 mods individually.

Its great for people to make money, but the Valve standard "random loot in a crate with a paid key" works better to get people to pay things. No one wants whats in the crate, they just want the 1% unusuals that can mean more money.

Time to steal someone's mod and add a clock to it and charge 1 cent or $1 whatever the minimum is. Ultimate mod pack made by me even if its a collection of 100 other mods made by others.

Edited by geo

As a modder, I would never join the BCC  for the one or two Skyrim mods I've made.

I actually think this is a really, really good idea. As long as the execution is solid, I can't see this being anything but a good thing.

A more managed market with an internal currency, a good level of quality control and standards (compatible with savegames, etc). What exactly is there to complain about? The last time they tried had a myriad of problems, but their heart was in the right place.

From what I have read one the very best mods will be accepted and will basically have to go through Bethesda's development pipeline. That actually sounds really cool, shame about the careless communication.

Mods developed by the very best modders and Bethesda? It sounds like player-made DLC to me which is ok to me.

Crap like this is just one reason why I haven't bought any new game for 13 years now...

A lot of the people in this thread lose their ability to read as soon as you put "paid" and "mod" anywhere near each other, apparently.