Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RockHardGamer 45

PSX DOOM Fall Of Triton (Info Update)

I thought it would be fair to everyone to know what's happening with this megawad. And don't worry! The wad is still doing fine. I am trying my hardest to improve on each map with the advice that is given to me. Many levels have been created but there is still a lot to do! It is very hard to find time to create this wad however I am having fun creating it!

Here is some information about the wad so far:

- 32 brand new levels

- PSX Doom Sounds and monsters

- PSX Doom Music + a few bonuses

- New Monster

- Designs that stay true to the original PS1 games.

- Levels inspired by PSX Doom and Final Doom! (Threshold of Pain, spawning vats, deimos labs, Hell gate, Crater and much more!)

- Doom 64 style Hud

The two current Demo's out:

Map 09: The Gates Of Hell

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qghms7me4w4cfdo/Fall+Of+Triton.

Map 16: Pain

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ybvyq3imq43oovu/Demo2Pain.wad

If you only decide to play one of the maps, I highly recommend map 16: Pain as that is the strongest level. Demo 1 is outdated and has changed quite a lot during development. 

I want to say a big thank you too all of the below youtubers who have played my maps!

-yikesdude754

- Zdenda1990 

-Major Arlene

- Piece of Pie Software

They are ALL awesome youtubers and you should check them out!

I just want to say thank you for everyone who plays my maps!

RockHardGamer 45,

This is my opinion based on Map 16:

Overall i think its pretty good i really feel like i was in hell isolated from humanity and the map is pretty fun

Though getting the weapons is somewhat later into the map and only using the Shotgun against the hell knights and pain elementals is a chore (atleast in the route i took) it made it more hard but more intense also

At the end the Spectre imps who shoot their bullets were invinsible i don't know if it was a bug or intended this way.

The designs are good but simplistic like Wolfenstein 3D without much Height variant in-between areas

On 6/12/2017 at 8:34 PM, Maisth said:

This is my opinion based on Map 16:

Overall i think its pretty good i really feel like i was in hell isolated from humanity and the map is pretty fun

Though getting the weapons is somewhat later into the map and only using the Shotgun against the hell knights and pain elementals is a chore (atleast in the route i took) it made it more hard but more intense also

At the end the Spectre imps who shoot their bullets were invinsible i don't know if it was a bug or intended this way.

The designs are good but simplistic like Wolfenstein 3D without much Height variant in-between areas

Hey, Thanks for playing and liking the map!

As this is going to be map 16, the player will already have most of the weapons so that is why their are not many powerful weapons until the end of the map. 

With the Nightmare imps, this is a very early version of them and I have changed their look and fireball now. It is now visible. I tried to follow the psx height restrictions but in future maps I will definitely look into changing them around some more!

Once again, thanks for playing the map!