Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MadGuy

DOOM BFA 1.2.7 (former Classic RBDOOM 3 BFG)

4 hours ago, chungy said:

Huh, interesting. Another option would be to patch your IWAD from BFG to 1.9. ;)

True, but just in case you still want to switch to the censored content using the mod is a better option imo

For some reason this has trouble loading the Minor Sprite Fixing Project, even though that works with Vanilla and everything else that I know of. Trying to select a game with it loaded makes the sides of the screen turn black for a split second, and trying to bypass the game selection screen with the launcher makes the copyright info at the start show twice before taking me to the game selection screen. I haven't had this problem trying to load other wads with this.

edit: The same thing has happened with Doom 64 for Doom II and BTSX Episode 1, so maybe you can work out the problem by seeing what those wads have in common.

Edited by SiFi270

On 14/4/2018 at 8:18 PM, SiFi270 said:

For some reason this has trouble loading the Minor Sprite Fixing Project, even though that works with Vanilla and everything else that I know of. Trying to select a game with it loaded makes the sides of the screen turn black for a split second, and trying to bypass the game selection screen with the launcher makes the copyright info at the start show twice before taking me to the game selection screen. I haven't had this problem trying to load other wads with this.

edit: The same thing has happened with Doom 64 for Doom II and BTSX Episode 1, so maybe you can work out the problem by seeing what those wads have in common.

Well good news an update just released and fixes the issues you had with this mods.

Spoiler

If you actually reading this then you are intrested on the secrets I put on this mod.

So here you are:

#1. If you beat the master levels expansion secret level (without the -warp or using cheats)

you will unlock a buit in doom-it menu for the Master Levels. Just start again a new game for the master levels and the option will be shown.

#2. If you enable the classic cheat codes on DOOM II and type on DOOM II's main menu idmenu following by the numbers 01-05 you can change the main menu to the main menu of the corresponding expansion.

#3. There is a "fake co-op mode" which allowing you to play any map you like on co-op mode without other players.

In order to access it just add "-net 0 127.0.0.1" on the aditional parameters on the launcher.

#4. (only on 1.1.9.5 and later) If you play any mod that uses MAPINFO and has not set ending message (either because it uses less than 30 maps or it has an inacessible map that you can access using cheats) then the game will triger the "Bootleg" ending. A non sensical ending that I make just for the lols.

"There is a "fake co-op mode" which allowing you to play any map you like on co-op mode without other players.

In order to access it just add "-net 0 127.0.0.1" on the aditional parameters on the launcher."

Wouldn't it have been easier to implement -solo-net if it wasn't already available?

7 minutes ago, Danfun64 said:

"There is a "fake co-op mode" which allowing you to play any map you like on co-op mode without other players.

In order to access it just add "-net 0 127.0.0.1" on the aditional parameters on the launcher."

Wouldn't it have been easier to implement -solo-net if it wasn't already available?

The "fake co-op mode" exploits the -net parameter of classic DOOM v1.11. In this version reguraly the -net parameter must been writen like this:

-net <player slot-1> <player 1 ip> <player 2 ip> <player 3 ip> <player 4 ip>.

This is already handled by the launcher's DM, but you can always try to input it manualy. 

This mode was actually un-intented when I re-enable the classic Doom Multiplayer, but keep it because it's look like a cool feat. 

A new update has been released and alongside with it I give you a small patch for SCYTHE that shows how you can use EXPINFO.

download link:

Google Drive

Edited by MadGuy

I also forgot to mention that Ultimate chex phase 1 & Hacx are now fully compatible withthis sourceport (only if loaded as mods)

Flashlight as a weapon is BACK. Don't stand there go and download the latest version

Edited by MadGuy

Hey there, thank you for updating this so often! Is there a way to restore the original DOOM 3 option to set custom aspect ratios? I saw that there's a "r_aspect" option in Classic RBDOOM3 BFG, but it doesn't work for me... I have a CRT monitor that can basically output any resolution between its minimum specs (~240x180@160hz) and max specs (~1600x1200@57hz). I wanted to play at 1280x480@120hz, since 480p is the maximum resolution I can get this monitor to work with 120hz, and although it also works at 640x480@120hz at native 4:3, 1280x480 looks much sharper. But there's the aspect ratio problem which makes the game horribly "squished". The original DOOM 3 eliminates that by setting "r_aspectratio" to "0", which is for "4:3", but it sadly doesn't support 120fps gameplay, because it's capped at 60fps.

Since BFG Edition does support 120fps, I migrated to it, but even with source port support, I was bummed to see I would have to play at "granular" resolutions for that framerate... I could go even "crazier" with this monitor, setting stuff like "3840x480", or probably "higher" (as far as the vertical res stays low), so it would be nice to have a truly sharp image inside this monitor's 4:3 aspect ratio.

...why not 640x400 or 320x200? If you're using a CRT, those resolutions should be valid choices for Classic Doom.

11 hours ago, TheDimensioner said:

Hey there, thank you for updating this so often! Is there a way to restore the original DOOM 3 option to set custom aspect ratios? I saw that there's a "r_aspect" option in Classic RBDOOM3 BFG, but it doesn't work for me... I have a CRT monitor that can basically output any resolution between its minimum specs (~240x180@160hz) and max specs (~1600x1200@57hz). I wanted to play at 1280x480@120hz, since 480p is the maximum resolution I can get this monitor to work with 120hz, and although it also works at 640x480@120hz at native 4:3, 1280x480 looks much sharper. But there's the aspect ratio problem which makes the game horribly "squished". The original DOOM 3 eliminates that by setting "r_aspectratio" to "0", which is for "4:3", but it sadly doesn't support 120fps gameplay, because it's capped at 60fps.

Since BFG Edition does support 120fps, I migrated to it, but even with source port support, I was bummed to see I would have to play at "granular" resolutions for that framerate... I could go even "crazier" with this monitor, setting stuff like "3840x480", or probably "higher" (as far as the vertical res stays low), so it would be nice to have a truly sharp image inside this monitor's 4:3 aspect ratio.

Try to enable dynamic resolution scaling by using "+set rs_enable 3" or 1 or 2 depending on which result is better

16 hours ago, Danfun64 said:

...why not 640x400 or 320x200? If you're using a CRT, those resolutions should be valid choices for Classic Doom.

I already use 320x200@144hz in Chocolate DOOM, and I have to say it looks amazing.

I don't know how scaling works on the BFG version, but I may try... Although, I meant the change for DOOM 3 specifically, since it's fully 3D and all, so it looks better at higher resolutions. I did try "below specs" resolutions in the original DOOM 3, like 240p and even 192p, but every text simply becomes unreadable, and in that game, reading is practically mandatory. But it's cool to play with DOS graphics XD.

11 hours ago, MadGuy said:

Try to enable dynamic resolution scaling by using "+set rs_enable 3" or 1 or 2 depending on which result is better

Do you mean to add that in the "autoexec.cfg" for example, or in the desktop shortcut? Or maybe in the "additional parameters" option in the config tool... I have to say I'm new to this source port, so I simply tried to configure it similarly to the original DOOM 3, but found out a ton of options were omitted XD.

One thing I have to say it's weird, it's that it doesn't save my changes on either the "official" or RBDOOM3's "D3BFGConfig.cfg". Anytime I change something and launch the game, it seems to recognize most changes, but a restart simply overwrites those with the defaults. Something as simple as "m_smooth 0" never saves...

Real time EDIT (was testing while writing XD): I enabled that through the console, did "vid_restart", but the screen simply "shaked" a bit, and stayed the same. Funny thing is, the console is "4:3" in that resolution. Here's some screenshots, I've rescaled them to 1280x960 (4:3) to illustrate what I see:

1773980945_RBDoom3BFG2018-05-1312-25-43-45.png.e1cda56a27fdac55dfbba64b5adfbc49.png200775068_RBDoom3BFG2018-05-1312-25-55-86.png.8cc1168c648c48062ac738aa7a28a7ca.png430461883_RBDoom3BFG2018-05-1312-26-07-80.png.f7be25c014a0b19848200fd1e2daae8f.png

It's weird, because the console scales correctly in 16:9 (guess that was made to be so...).

Edited by TheDimensioner

On 5/13/2018 at 6:32 PM, TheDimensioner said:

It's weird, because the console scales correctly in 16:9 (guess that was made to be so...).

Well good news a new version just released which giving you the option to change the aspect ratio on Doom 3.

Also adds (experimental in some sort) aspect ratio correction for the classic Doom games.

Hey, sorry for the late reply, for some reason this forum doen't send me e-mail notifications... But thank you very much for the update! It works as expected for DOOM 3:

Sorry for the shaky camera, I had to film with my phone to record the resolution change, since I only know how to use FRAPS, and that gives separate video files after the change. I only took the "internal" audio from that and merged with the outside footage. It's just a bit out of sync, though XD. 

Only thing I noticed is that the hud doesn't change aspects, but that's not that major of an issue XD.

EDIT: Also, the footage shows mostly 60 FPS with FRAPS, because it caps the framerate that way while recording, but at that resolution, my PC can handle this game at mostly 120 FPS XD.

I also tested Classic DOOM at 320x200 using the BFG edition, and it works like in Chocolate DOOM:

I took the audio just from the 320x200 portion this time, but at least it's possible to see the real time resolution change on the CRT.

No matter how many times I look at these scanlines, I always get amazed... I really don't know if that's how the original DOOM was supposed to look on CRTs of the time. The first port I played was the SNES version, and I played the PC version many years later. Since those CRTs were 15khz, maybe the scanlines weren't so "pronounced"... I also know that a little later, iterations used line doubling (640x400), which really doesn't give the same effect, and tends to look less sharp overall.

Although another minor thing, is that maybe the filtering that must be used for the image to become "perfect" 4:3 on the original files on DOOM 3 BFG is still active, even at the native resolution, since it's a little "softer" compared to the Chocolate DOOM image. Maybe it's just a linear/bilinear filter... I really don't know, maybe it's just my eyes XD. 

Aside from that, now I know what the original "r_aspect" option is for XD. Since 320x200 is recognized as 16:10, this was useful for making the image fullscreen on this 4:3 monitor. Now, every DOOM from the BFG pack can be played at weird resolutions, so thanks again!

Edited by TheDimensioner

1 hour ago, TheDimensioner said:

Hey, sorry for the late reply, for some reason this forum doen't send me e-mail notifications... But thank you very much for the update! It works as expected for DOOM 3:

Sorry for the shaky camera, I had to film with my phone to record the resolution change, since I only know how to use FRAPS, and that gives separate video files after the change. I only took the "internal" audio from that and merged with the outside footage. It's just a bit out of sync, though XD. 

Only thing I noticed is that the hud doesn't change aspects, but that's not that major of an issue XD.

EDIT: Also, the footage shows mostly 60 FPS with FRAPS, because it caps the framerate that way while recording, but at that resolution, my PC can handle this game at mostly 120 FPS XD.

I also tested Classic DOOM at 320x200 using the BFG edition, and it works like in Chocolate DOOM:

I took the audio just from the 320x200 portion this time, but at least it's possible to see the real time resolution change on the CRT.

No matter how many times I look at these scanlines, I always get amazed... I really don't know if that's how the original DOOM was supposed to look on CRTs of the time. The first port I played was the SNES version, and I played the PC version many years later. Since those CRTs were 15khz, maybe the scanlines weren't so "pronounced"... I also know that a little later, iterations used line doubling (640x400), which really doesn't give the same effect, and tends to look less sharp overall.

Although another minor thing, is that maybe the filtering that must be used for the image to become "perfect" 4:3 on the original files on DOOM 3 BFG is still active, even at the native resolution, since it's a little "softer" compared to the Chocolate DOOM image. Maybe it's just a linear/bilinear filter... I really don't know, maybe it's just my eyes XD. 

Aside from that, now I know what the original "r_aspect" option is for XD. Since 320x200 is recognized as 16:10, this was useful for making the image fullscreen on this 4:3 monitor. Now, every DOOM from the BFG pack can be played at weird resolutions, so thanks again!

You're welcome, but why you use the r_aspectratio command when you can change it from the in-game system setings?

7 minutes ago, MadGuy said:

You're welcome, but why you use the r_aspectratio command when you can change it from the in-game system setings?

It was just to show the "real time" effect, and also because I was filming with one hand, and I already had the other commands saved on the console XD. But I also appreciate the addition of an option in the menus!

EDIT: I also noticed something, just now. The mouse sensitivity seemed higher in 120FPS, but going to the menus to change it, it crashes the game. Maybe it's a bug?

Edited by TheDimensioner

(Console output deleted, because problem is solved.)

Hello!

The above error message appeared, when i tried to do the final step of executable-creation under the latest ubuntu.

How can i solve the problem?

Greetings

Funduke

Edited by funduke

On 5/21/2018 at 12:29 AM, funduke said:

killbill@BigDesktop:~/Downloads/Classic-RBDOOM-3-BFG-1.1.9.8-classic/build$ make
Scanning dependencies of target precomp_header_idlib
[  0%] Creating idlib/precompiled.h.gch for idlib
In file included from ../idlib/Lib.h:254:0,
                 from precompiled.h:48:
../idlib/Heap.h:72:1: warning: dynamic exception specifications are deprecated in C++11 [-Wdeprecated]
 throw( std::bad_alloc ) // DG: standard signature seems to include throw(..)
 ^~~~~
../idlib/Heap.h:87:1: warning: dynamic exception specifications are deprecated in C++11 [-Wdeprecated]
 throw( std::bad_alloc ) // DG: standard signature seems to include throw(..)
 ^~~~~
In file included from ../idlib/Lib.h:299:0,
../idlib/StrStatic.h: In constructor ‘idStrStatic<_size_>::idStrStatic(bool)’:
../idlib/StrStatic.h:100:23: error: no matching function for call to ‘idStrStatic<_size_>::operator=(const bool&)’
   idStr::operator=( b );
                       ^
In file included from ../idlib/Lib.h:298:0,
../idlib/Str.h:674:16: note: candidate: void idStr::operator=(const idStr&)
 ID_INLINE void idStr::operator=( const idStr& text )
                ^~~~~
../idlib/Str.h:674:16: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const bool’ to ‘const idStr&’
../idlib/Str.h:153:10: note: candidate: void idStr::operator=(const char*)
  void    operator=( const char* text );
          ^~~~~~~~
../idlib/Str.h:153:10: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const bool’ to ‘const char*’
../idlib/StrStatic.h: In constructor ‘idStrStatic<_size_>::idStrStatic(char)’:
../idlib/StrStatic.h:108:23: error: no matching function for call to ‘idStrStatic<_size_>::operator=(const char&)’
   idStr::operator=( c );
                       ^
                ^~~~~
../idlib/Str.h:674:16: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const char’ to ‘const idStr&’
../idlib/Str.h:153:10: note: candidate: void idStr::operator=(const char*) <near match>
          ^~~~~~~~
../idlib/Str.h:153:10: note:   conversion of argument 1 would be ill-formed:
../idlib/StrStatic.h: In constructor ‘idStrStatic<_size_>::idStrStatic(int)’:
../idlib/StrStatic.h:116:23: error: no matching function for call to ‘idStrStatic<_size_>::operator=(const int&)’
   idStr::operator=( i );
                       ^
                ^~~~~
../idlib/Str.h:674:16: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const int’ to ‘const idStr&’
../idlib/Str.h:153:10: note: candidate: void idStr::operator=(const char*) <near match>
          ^~~~~~~~
../idlib/StrStatic.h: In constructor ‘idStrStatic<_size_>::idStrStatic(unsigned int)’:
../idlib/StrStatic.h:124:23: error: no matching function for call to ‘idStrStatic<_size_>::operator=(const unsigned int&)’
   idStr::operator=( u );
                       ^
                ^~~~~
../idlib/Str.h:674:16: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const unsigned int’ to ‘const idStr&’
          ^~~~~~~~
../idlib/StrStatic.h: In constructor ‘idStrStatic<_size_>::idStrStatic(float)’:
../idlib/StrStatic.h:132:23: error: no matching function for call to ‘idStrStatic<_size_>::operator=(const float&)’
   idStr::operator=( f );
                       ^
                ^~~~~
../idlib/Str.h:674:16: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const float’ to ‘const idStr&’
../idlib/Str.h:153:10: note: candidate: void idStr::operator=(const char*)
          ^~~~~~~~
../idlib/Str.h:153:10: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘const float’ to ‘const char*’
In file included from ../framework/../sys/sys_localuser.h:31:0,
                 from ../framework/../sys/sys_session.h:32,
                 from ../framework/UsercmdGen.h:32,
                 from precompiled.h:66:
../framework/../sys/sys_profile.h: At global scope:
../framework/../sys/sys_profile.h:65:7: warning: ‘template<class> class std::auto_ptr’ is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
  std::auto_ptr< idSaveGameProcessorSaveProfile > profileSaveProcessor;
       ^~~~~~~~
In file included from /usr/include/c++/7/memory:80:0,
                 from sys/sys_includes.h:148,
                 from precompiled.h:34:
/usr/include/c++/7/bits/unique_ptr.h:51:28: note: declared here
   template<typename> class auto_ptr;
                            ^~~~~~~~
In file included from ../framework/../sys/sys_localuser.h:31:0,
                 from ../framework/../sys/sys_session.h:32,
                 from ../framework/UsercmdGen.h:32,
                 from precompiled.h:66:
../framework/../sys/sys_profile.h:66:7: warning: ‘template<class> class std::auto_ptr’ is deprecated [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
  std::auto_ptr< idSaveGameProcessorLoadProfile > profileLoadProcessor;
       ^~~~~~~~
In file included from /usr/include/c++/7/memory:80:0,
                 from sys/sys_includes.h:148,
                 from precompiled.h:34:
/usr/include/c++/7/bits/unique_ptr.h:51:28: note: declared here
   template<typename> class auto_ptr;
                            ^~~~~~~~
idlib/CMakeFiles/precomp_header_idlib.dir/build.make:57: recipe for target 'idlib/CMakeFiles/precomp_header_idlib' failed
make[2]: *** [idlib/CMakeFiles/precomp_header_idlib] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:199: recipe for target 'idlib/CMakeFiles/precomp_header_idlib.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [idlib/CMakeFiles/precomp_header_idlib.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:83: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Hello!

The above error message appeared, when i tried to do the final step of executable-creation under the latest ubuntu.

How can i solve the problem?

Greetings

Funduke

Well good news Classic RBDoom 3 BFG 1.1.10 just released and fixes the compile issue with linux c++ 7 (I manage to compile it successfully on ubuntu wsl 18.04)

I also forgot to mention about linux support. As it seems linux's c++ 7 has got some extra steps to the paranoia and right now except if stated otherwise I don't think there is any other Doom 3 BFG Edition source port to been able to compile and run on the latest version of linux distro's like ubuntu.

Plus dunno if you know it or not but I have manage to port Doom 3 Classic mod (a mod that remake Doom 1's first episode on doom 3) on Classic RBDoom 3BFG 

Many thanks for your work!

But unfortunately i get still errors:

(Console output deleted, because problem is solved.)

Do i do something wrong?

Greetings

Funduke

Edited by funduke

1 hour ago, funduke said:

Do i do something wrong?

Greetings

Funduke

Try to use cmake-linux-retail.sh script (at least this is the one I used) and make sure you have get version 1.1.10 from git

Edited by MadGuy

1 hour ago, funduke said:

Do i do something wrong?

Greetings

Funduke

Here is what commands You should use:

rm -r Classic-RBDOOM-3-BFG

mkdir Classic-RBDOOM-3-BFG

git clone https://github.com/MadDeCoDeR/Classic-RBDOOM-3-BFG

cd Classic-RBDOOM-3-BFG/neo