Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MadGuy

Classic RBDOOM 3 BFG

Funny, I was recently wondering if someone would ever try to make a source port based on Doom Classic 1.10. Nice work. :)

This is interesting but when I read that you added the ability to use Classic Doom parameters, I added the executable to the ZDL launcher and it doesn't read the -iwad parameter. I was hoping it would directly load the IWAD I passed it as parameter, skipping the game selection.

9 hours ago, VGA said:

This is interesting but when I read that you added the ability to use Classic Doom parameters, I added the executable to the ZDL launcher and it doesn't read the -iwad parameter. I was hoping it would directly load the IWAD I passed it as parameter, skipping the game selection.

This would require to make new parameter for DOOM 3 BFG not for the classic. When you open DOOM or DOOM II it start or re start the classic doom engine with emmbended -iwad parameter for either DOOM.wad or DOOM2.wad

Built in DEUSF and DEHACKED? Nice.

But is there no way to use it with a launcher, like ZDL?

2 hours ago, VGA said:

Actually there is just go to settings and add a new source port/Engine. The external File list also works quite well with Classic RB DOOM 3 BFG

9 hours ago, Agentbromsnor said:

Why does it appear in the video that the port stretches all the graphics when compared to the original? Or is that just a video artifact?

Because the port does not force the classic DOOM Engine to run on 4:3 aspect ratio and instead it uses the same aspect ratio that DOOM 3 uses

31 minutes ago, MadGuy said:

Because the port does not force the classic DOOM Engine to run on 4:3 aspect ratio and instead it uses the same aspect ratio that DOOM 3 uses

Sure, but why? Keeping in mind that gives people less of a reason to use this port when you can just use any other port that does it right.

Mostly because I'm still trying to figure out how to deal with the Resolution (It usually result into very bad results).

Plus how many source ports allow you to change games and in the same time load different mods in the same runtime ?

Edited by MadGuy

On 24/9/2017 at 3:12 PM, VGA said:

Now it has it's own launcher. Good for managing both DOOM I,II and 3

On 25/9/2017 at 10:55 AM, Edward850 said:

Sure, but why? Keeping in mind that gives people less of a reason to use this port when you can just use any other port that does it right.

To be honest I'm kinda noob when it comes to rendering and the best I have manage was to actually increase the resolution which resulted just to more pixelated image

15 hours ago, MadGuy said:

Now it has it's own launcher. Good for managing both DOOM I,II and 3

By the way if you already downloaded the latest release please re-download it. I left some bugs in the launcher and now they are fixed

Can it handle the original, non-BFG edition Doom 3?

3 hours ago, Gez said:

Can it handle the original, non-BFG edition Doom 3?

Nope sorry, this version focuses on Classic DOOM (DOOM I & DOOM II ) other versions focuses over graphical improvments for DOOM 3 BFG Edition.

I have a folder with only the necessary files to run the classic games, can you make it skip the intro video if it is missing? Because right now it has a black screen and I have to press ESC.

I tried Suspended in Dusk, but a few seconds in I noticed a problem with a replacement flat inside the cave you go in.

2 hours ago, VGA said:

I have a folder with only the necessary files to run the classic games, can you make it skip the intro video if it is missing? Because right now it has a black screen and I have to press ESC.

I tried Suspended in Dusk, but a few seconds in I noticed a problem with a replacement flat inside the cave you go in.

Have you try to run it with the launcher? It has a skip intro option and it works quite well (plus you can save and load the options you have selected on the launcher)

Edited by MadGuy

59 minutes ago, VGA said:

I didn't see that option, I will check it. Can you please test Suspended in Dusk and confirm that there is a glitched flat near the start of MAP01?

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/s-u/sid

And found the glitch, as it turn out the "unique" way classic rbdoom 3 bfg handles sprites and flats result into forcing Suspend in Dusk to use all the animation frames for the blood sea, which result in the weird white red flat you can download this fix.

38 minutes ago, MadGuy said:

Make sure you have the latest version.

Can it handle the original, non-BFG edition Doom 2, complete with working SS Nazis? If so, can you make a cmd switch between vanilla and BFG (replace all SS with pistol zombies) behavior?

The map was changed, not the exe (that is, not for that point).

8 hours ago, Danfun64 said:

Can it handle the original, non-BFG edition Doom 2, complete with working SS Nazis? If so, can you make a cmd switch between vanilla and BFG (replace all SS with pistol zombies) behavior?

Yes, it can handle the original DOOM II and have the SS Nazis and no Ican't make this kind of switch because it will require to restart the classic doom engine to make that kind of change. From the other there is already an uncensoring mod for BFG DOOM II it is called Make IDKFA Wolfenstein  again and I already have tested it and works fine