Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MadGuy

Classic RBDOOM 3 BFG

Recommended Posts

Yey! Found the answer.

 

For reference, if anyone has a modern nvidia(1060+) GPU and can't get RBDoom3BFG to run fullscreen, it's a compatibility issue.

 

"Apparently this error is caused by most (all?) newer nvidia drivers not being able to launch Doom 3 BFG edition in full screen."

https://www.gog.com/forum/doom_series/for_those_who_cant_launch_doom_3_bfg_edition

 

Basically, you need to make the game run windowed, but stretched to be fullscreen.

 

I've not had a problem with Doom3bfg.exe but this was the solution for me for RBDoom3BFG.exe.

Share this post


Link to post

Next problem, I downloaded the mod addon for the Cdoom3 files here:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/classic-rbdoom-3-bfg-edition/addons/classic-doom-3-bfg-edition

 

I extracted the files to my Doom 3 BFG directory, attempted to load using CDL.exe but not luck.

 

My folder(s) are:

\Steam\steamapps\common\DOOM 3 BFG Edition\CDOOM.3\

 

With everything in CDOOM.3, it doesn't load into the mod at all, starting a new game loads into normal Doom 3, and using 'map e1m1' in console doesn't work (can't find files).

 

So then, I moved the files from within CDOOM.3 and placing them at \DOOM 3 BFG Edition\ , so I have:

\DOOM 3 BFG Edition\CDOOM\

\DOOM 3 BFG Edition\CDOOM_RAW\

 

When running like this, I get the Classic Doom 3 loading/splash screen, but an API error and it doesn't load.

 

Any ideas how to get the mod to load?

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Gazz said:

When running like this, I get the Classic Doom 3 loading/splash screen, but an API error and it doesn't load.

 

Any ideas how to get the mod to load?

 

What the does the logfile has?

Share this post


Link to post

Here you go:


 

QA Timing INIT: 000001ms
Classic RBDOOM 3 BFG 1.1.14.1403 win-x64 Oct  4 2019 08:01:17
2208 MHz generic CPU with SSE & SSE2
Winsock Initialized
Found interface: {79F67671-356C-44F1-8DD5-68DEFFC3AB2F} Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller - 0.0.0.0 NULL netmask - skipped
Found interface: {F5F87FB9-38B9-4F37-AE1D-B7D16EEECD7A} Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) - 0.0.0.0 NULL netmask - skipped
Found interface: {1DCEAE22-6D14-4ED4-A1A3-3E76993DBCC5} Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 - 192.168.0.26/255.255.255.0
Found interface: {5298E5B3-8FCC-444F-A3C7-2D5A84F46DB6} Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter - 0.0.0.0 NULL netmask - skipped
Found interface: {CF36D5EC-1261-43D3-AC33-6FC76DA1735B} Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 - 0.0.0.0 NULL netmask - skipped
Sys_InitNetworking: adding loopback interface
------ Initializing File System ------
Loaded resource file _common.resources
Loaded resource file _ordered.resources
Loaded resource file _sound_pc.resources
Loaded resource file _sound_pc_en.resources
Loaded resource file maps/admin.resources
Loaded resource file maps/alphalabs1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/alphalabs2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/alphalabs3.resources
Loaded resource file maps/alphalabs4.resources
Loaded resource file maps/caverns1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/caverns2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/comm1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/commoutside.resources
Loaded resource file maps/cpu.resources
Loaded resource file maps/cpuboss.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3ctf1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3ctf2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3ctf3.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3ctf4.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3dm1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3dm2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3dm3.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3dm4.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3dm5.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3xpdm1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3xpdm2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3xpdm3.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3xpdm4.resources
Loaded resource file maps/delta1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/delta2a.resources
Loaded resource file maps/delta2b.resources
Loaded resource file maps/delta3.resources
Loaded resource file maps/delta4.resources
Loaded resource file maps/delta5.resources
Loaded resource file maps/deltax.resources
Loaded resource file maps/enpro.resources
Loaded resource file maps/erebus1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/erebus2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/erebus3.resources
Loaded resource file maps/erebus4.resources
Loaded resource file maps/erebus5.resources
Loaded resource file maps/erebus6.resources
Loaded resource file maps/hell.resources
Loaded resource file maps/hell1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/hellhole.resources
Loaded resource file maps/le_enpro1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/le_enpro2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/le_exis1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/le_exis2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/le_hell.resources
Loaded resource file maps/le_hell_post.resources
Loaded resource file maps/le_underground.resources
Loaded resource file maps/le_underground2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/mars_city1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/mars_city2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/mc_underground.resources
Loaded resource file maps/monorail.resources
Loaded resource file maps/phobos1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/phobos2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/phobos3.resources
Loaded resource file maps/phobos4.resources
Loaded resource file maps/recycling1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/recycling2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/site3.resources
Loaded resource file maps/CDOOM.resources
Current search path:
C:\Users\garet\Saved Games\id Software\RBDOOM 3 BFG/CDOOM
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DOOM 3 BFG Edition/CDOOM
C:\Users\garet\Saved Games\id Software\RBDOOM 3 BFG/base
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DOOM 3 BFG Edition/base
_common.resources
_ordered.resources
_sound_pc.resources
_sound_pc_en.resources
maps/admin.resources
maps/alphalabs1.resources
maps/alphalabs2.resources
maps/alphalabs3.resources
maps/alphalabs4.resources
maps/caverns1.resources
maps/caverns2.resources
maps/comm1.resources
maps/commoutside.resources
maps/cpu.resources
maps/cpuboss.resources
maps/d3ctf1.resources
maps/d3ctf2.resources
maps/d3ctf3.resources
maps/d3ctf4.resources
maps/d3dm1.resources
maps/d3dm2.resources
maps/d3dm3.resources
maps/d3dm4.resources
maps/d3dm5.resources
maps/d3xpdm1.resources
maps/d3xpdm2.resources
maps/d3xpdm3.resources
maps/d3xpdm4.resources
maps/delta1.resources
maps/delta2a.resources
maps/delta2b.resources
maps/delta3.resources
maps/delta4.resources
maps/delta5.resources
maps/deltax.resources
maps/enpro.resources
maps/erebus1.resources
maps/erebus2.resources
maps/erebus3.resources
maps/erebus4.resources
maps/erebus5.resources
maps/erebus6.resources
maps/hell.resources
maps/hell1.resources
maps/hellhole.resources
maps/le_enpro1.resources
maps/le_enpro2.resources
maps/le_exis1.resources
maps/le_exis2.resources
maps/le_hell.resources
maps/le_hell_post.resources
maps/le_underground.resources
maps/le_underground2.resources
maps/mars_city1.resources
maps/mars_city2.resources
maps/mc_underground.resources
maps/monorail.resources
maps/phobos1.resources
maps/phobos2.resources
maps/phobos3.resources
maps/phobos4.resources
maps/recycling1.resources
maps/recycling2.resources
maps/site3.resources
maps/CDOOM.resources
file system initialized.
--------------------------------------
WARNING: Unable to open resource file maps/_startup.resources
----- Initializing Decls -----
WARNING: file materials/cdoom_slime.mtr, line 34: material 'textures/cdoom_misc/slime' previously defined at materials/cdoom_misc.mtr:56
WARNING: file materials/cdoom_textures.mtr, line 311: material 'textures/cdoom_misc/stenameplate' previously defined at materials/cdoom_misc.mtr:20
------------------------------
Couldn't open journal files
execing default.cfg
execing D3BFGConfig.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
Initializing Platform
Platform loaded sucessfully !!!
----- R_InitOpenGL -----
Initializing OpenGL subsystem with multisamples:0 stereo:0 fullscreen:-1
...registered window class
...registered fake window class
Using GLEW 2.1.0
...created window @ 0,0 (1920x1080)
Initializing OpenGL driver
...creating GL context: created OpenGL 3.2 context
succeeded
...making context current: succeeded
Using GLEW 2.1.0

------- Input Initialization -------
Initializing DirectInput...
mouse: DirectInput initialized.
keyboard: DirectInput initialized.
------------------------------------
OpenGL Version   : 3.2
OpenGL Vendor    : Intel
OpenGL Renderer  : Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
OpenGL GLSL      : 1.5
idCommon::VPrintf: truncated to 4094 characters
OpenGL Extensions: GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1 GL_AMD_depth_clamp_separate GL_AMD_vertex_shader_layer GL_AMD_vertex_shader_viewport_index GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_1_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_bindless_texture GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_buffer_storage GL_ARB_cl_event GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_clear_texture GL_ARB_clip_control GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compatibility GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_compute_shader GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_copy_image GL_ARB_cull_distance GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_derivative_control GL_ARB_direct_state_access GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_indirect GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_fragment_shader_interlock GL_ARB_framebuffer_no_attachments GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image GL_ARB_gl_spirv GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_indirect_parameters GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_internalformat_query2 GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multi_bind GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_pipeline_statistics_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_polygon_offset_clamp GL_ARB_post_depth_coverage GL_ARB_program_interface_query GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_query_buffer_object GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_robustness_isolation GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counter_ops GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_shader_draw_parameters GL_ARB_shader_group_vote GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store GL_ARB_shader_image_size GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_precision GL_ARB_shader_stencil_export GL_ARB_shader_storage_buffer_object GL_ARB_shader_subroutine GL_ARB_shader_texture_image_samples GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack GL_ARB_shading_language_packing GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_spirv_extensions GL_ARB_stencil_texturing GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_tessellation_shader GL_ARB_texture_barrier GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32 GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_gather GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_multisample GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_query_levels GL_ARB_texture_query_lod GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui GL_ARB_texture_stencil8 GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_texture_view GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback2 GL_ARB_transform_feedback3 GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced GL_ARB_transform_feedback_overflow_query GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_ARB_viewp   maxTextureAnisotropy: 16.000000
...using GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias
X..GL_GREMEDY_string_marker not found
...using GL_ARB_framebuffer_object
...using GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit
----- Initializing Render Shaders -----
----- Initializing Sound System ------
Devices list:
----------
OpenAL Soft on Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio)
----------
Setup OpenAL device and context... Done.
OpenAL vendor: OpenAL Community
OpenAL renderer: OpenAL Soft
OpenAL version: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.19.1
OpenAL extensions: AL_EXT_ALAW AL_EXT_BFORMAT AL_EXT_DOUBLE AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE AL_EXT_FLOAT32 AL_EXT_IMA4 AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE AL_EXT_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_MULAW AL_EXT_MULAW_BFORMAT AL_EXT_MULAW_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_OFFSET AL_EXT_source_distance_model AL_EXT_SOURCE_RADIUS AL_EXT_STEREO_ANGLES AL_LOKI_quadriphonic AL_SOFT_block_alignment AL_SOFT_deferred_updates AL_SOFT_direct_channels AL_SOFTX_events AL_SOFTX_filter_gain_ex AL_SOFT_gain_clamp_ex AL_SOFT_loop_points AL_SOFTX_map_buffer AL_SOFT_MSADPCM AL_SOFT_source_latency AL_SOFT_source_length AL_SOFT_source_resampler AL_SOFT_source_spatialize
sound system initialized.
--------------------------------------
------- Initializing renderSystem --------
Updating texture filter parameters.
renderSystem initialized.
--------------------------------------
WARNING: Couldn't load image: guis/assets/splash/legal_photosensitivity : guis/assets/splash/legal_photosensitivity#__0200
WARNING: Couldn't load image: guis/assets/splash/legal_photosensitivity : guis/assets/splash/legal_photosensitivity#__0200
Skipping Intro Videos!
Reading strings/english.lang as UTF-8
9117 strings read
wrong game DLL API version
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success
...deleting GL context: success
...releasing DC: success
...destroying window

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Gazz said:

Here you go:


 


QA Timing INIT: 000001ms
Classic RBDOOM 3 BFG 1.1.14.1403 win-x64 Oct  4 2019 08:01:17
2208 MHz generic CPU with SSE & SSE2
Winsock Initialized
Found interface: {79F67671-356C-44F1-8DD5-68DEFFC3AB2F} Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller - 0.0.0.0 NULL netmask - skipped
Found interface: {F5F87FB9-38B9-4F37-AE1D-B7D16EEECD7A} Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) - 0.0.0.0 NULL netmask - skipped
Found interface: {1DCEAE22-6D14-4ED4-A1A3-3E76993DBCC5} Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 - 192.168.0.26/255.255.255.0
Found interface: {5298E5B3-8FCC-444F-A3C7-2D5A84F46DB6} Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter - 0.0.0.0 NULL netmask - skipped
Found interface: {CF36D5EC-1261-43D3-AC33-6FC76DA1735B} Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2 - 0.0.0.0 NULL netmask - skipped
Sys_InitNetworking: adding loopback interface
------ Initializing File System ------
Loaded resource file _common.resources
Loaded resource file _ordered.resources
Loaded resource file _sound_pc.resources
Loaded resource file _sound_pc_en.resources
Loaded resource file maps/admin.resources
Loaded resource file maps/alphalabs1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/alphalabs2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/alphalabs3.resources
Loaded resource file maps/alphalabs4.resources
Loaded resource file maps/caverns1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/caverns2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/comm1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/commoutside.resources
Loaded resource file maps/cpu.resources
Loaded resource file maps/cpuboss.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3ctf1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3ctf2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3ctf3.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3ctf4.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3dm1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3dm2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3dm3.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3dm4.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3dm5.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3xpdm1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3xpdm2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3xpdm3.resources
Loaded resource file maps/d3xpdm4.resources
Loaded resource file maps/delta1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/delta2a.resources
Loaded resource file maps/delta2b.resources
Loaded resource file maps/delta3.resources
Loaded resource file maps/delta4.resources
Loaded resource file maps/delta5.resources
Loaded resource file maps/deltax.resources
Loaded resource file maps/enpro.resources
Loaded resource file maps/erebus1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/erebus2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/erebus3.resources
Loaded resource file maps/erebus4.resources
Loaded resource file maps/erebus5.resources
Loaded resource file maps/erebus6.resources
Loaded resource file maps/hell.resources
Loaded resource file maps/hell1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/hellhole.resources
Loaded resource file maps/le_enpro1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/le_enpro2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/le_exis1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/le_exis2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/le_hell.resources
Loaded resource file maps/le_hell_post.resources
Loaded resource file maps/le_underground.resources
Loaded resource file maps/le_underground2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/mars_city1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/mars_city2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/mc_underground.resources
Loaded resource file maps/monorail.resources
Loaded resource file maps/phobos1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/phobos2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/phobos3.resources
Loaded resource file maps/phobos4.resources
Loaded resource file maps/recycling1.resources
Loaded resource file maps/recycling2.resources
Loaded resource file maps/site3.resources
Loaded resource file maps/CDOOM.resources
Current search path:
C:\Users\garet\Saved Games\id Software\RBDOOM 3 BFG/CDOOM
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DOOM 3 BFG Edition/CDOOM
C:\Users\garet\Saved Games\id Software\RBDOOM 3 BFG/base
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DOOM 3 BFG Edition/base
_common.resources
_ordered.resources
_sound_pc.resources
_sound_pc_en.resources
maps/admin.resources
maps/alphalabs1.resources
maps/alphalabs2.resources
maps/alphalabs3.resources
maps/alphalabs4.resources
maps/caverns1.resources
maps/caverns2.resources
maps/comm1.resources
maps/commoutside.resources
maps/cpu.resources
maps/cpuboss.resources
maps/d3ctf1.resources
maps/d3ctf2.resources
maps/d3ctf3.resources
maps/d3ctf4.resources
maps/d3dm1.resources
maps/d3dm2.resources
maps/d3dm3.resources
maps/d3dm4.resources
maps/d3dm5.resources
maps/d3xpdm1.resources
maps/d3xpdm2.resources
maps/d3xpdm3.resources
maps/d3xpdm4.resources
maps/delta1.resources
maps/delta2a.resources
maps/delta2b.resources
maps/delta3.resources
maps/delta4.resources
maps/delta5.resources
maps/deltax.resources
maps/enpro.resources
maps/erebus1.resources
maps/erebus2.resources
maps/erebus3.resources
maps/erebus4.resources
maps/erebus5.resources
maps/erebus6.resources
maps/hell.resources
maps/hell1.resources
maps/hellhole.resources
maps/le_enpro1.resources
maps/le_enpro2.resources
maps/le_exis1.resources
maps/le_exis2.resources
maps/le_hell.resources
maps/le_hell_post.resources
maps/le_underground.resources
maps/le_underground2.resources
maps/mars_city1.resources
maps/mars_city2.resources
maps/mc_underground.resources
maps/monorail.resources
maps/phobos1.resources
maps/phobos2.resources
maps/phobos3.resources
maps/phobos4.resources
maps/recycling1.resources
maps/recycling2.resources
maps/site3.resources
maps/CDOOM.resources
file system initialized.
--------------------------------------
WARNING: Unable to open resource file maps/_startup.resources
----- Initializing Decls -----
WARNING: file materials/cdoom_slime.mtr, line 34: material 'textures/cdoom_misc/slime' previously defined at materials/cdoom_misc.mtr:56
WARNING: file materials/cdoom_textures.mtr, line 311: material 'textures/cdoom_misc/stenameplate' previously defined at materials/cdoom_misc.mtr:20
------------------------------
Couldn't open journal files
execing default.cfg
execing D3BFGConfig.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
Initializing Platform
Platform loaded sucessfully !!!
----- R_InitOpenGL -----
Initializing OpenGL subsystem with multisamples:0 stereo:0 fullscreen:-1
...registered window class
...registered fake window class
Using GLEW 2.1.0
...created window @ 0,0 (1920x1080)
Initializing OpenGL driver
...creating GL context: created OpenGL 3.2 context
succeeded
...making context current: succeeded
Using GLEW 2.1.0

------- Input Initialization -------
Initializing DirectInput...
mouse: DirectInput initialized.
keyboard: DirectInput initialized.
------------------------------------
OpenGL Version   : 3.2
OpenGL Vendor    : Intel
OpenGL Renderer  : Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
OpenGL GLSL      : 1.5
idCommon::VPrintf: truncated to 4094 characters
OpenGL Extensions: GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1 GL_AMD_depth_clamp_separate GL_AMD_vertex_shader_layer GL_AMD_vertex_shader_viewport_index GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_1_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_bindless_texture GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_buffer_storage GL_ARB_cl_event GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_clear_texture GL_ARB_clip_control GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_compatibility GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_compute_shader GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_copy_image GL_ARB_cull_distance GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_derivative_control GL_ARB_direct_state_access GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_indirect GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_fragment_shader_interlock GL_ARB_framebuffer_no_attachments GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_geometry_shader4 GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image GL_ARB_gl_spirv GL_ARB_gpu_shader5 GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_indirect_parameters GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_internalformat_query2 GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multi_bind GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect GL_ARB_multisample GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_pipeline_statistics_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_polygon_offset_clamp GL_ARB_post_depth_coverage GL_ARB_program_interface_query GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_query_buffer_object GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_robustness_isolation GL_ARB_sample_shading GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counter_ops GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_shader_draw_parameters GL_ARB_shader_group_vote GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store GL_ARB_shader_image_size GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_precision GL_ARB_shader_stencil_export GL_ARB_shader_storage_buffer_object GL_ARB_shader_subroutine GL_ARB_shader_texture_image_samples GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack GL_ARB_shading_language_packing GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_spirv_extensions GL_ARB_stencil_texturing GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_tessellation_shader GL_ARB_texture_barrier GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32 GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_gather GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_multisample GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_query_levels GL_ARB_texture_query_lod GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui GL_ARB_texture_stencil8 GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_texture_view GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback2 GL_ARB_transform_feedback3 GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced GL_ARB_transform_feedback_overflow_query GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_ARB_viewp   maxTextureAnisotropy: 16.000000
...using GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias
X..GL_GREMEDY_string_marker not found
...using GL_ARB_framebuffer_object
...using GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit
----- Initializing Render Shaders -----
----- Initializing Sound System ------
Devices list:
----------
OpenAL Soft on Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio)
----------
Setup OpenAL device and context... Done.
OpenAL vendor: OpenAL Community
OpenAL renderer: OpenAL Soft
OpenAL version: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.19.1
OpenAL extensions: AL_EXT_ALAW AL_EXT_BFORMAT AL_EXT_DOUBLE AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE AL_EXT_FLOAT32 AL_EXT_IMA4 AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE AL_EXT_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_MULAW AL_EXT_MULAW_BFORMAT AL_EXT_MULAW_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_OFFSET AL_EXT_source_distance_model AL_EXT_SOURCE_RADIUS AL_EXT_STEREO_ANGLES AL_LOKI_quadriphonic AL_SOFT_block_alignment AL_SOFT_deferred_updates AL_SOFT_direct_channels AL_SOFTX_events AL_SOFTX_filter_gain_ex AL_SOFT_gain_clamp_ex AL_SOFT_loop_points AL_SOFTX_map_buffer AL_SOFT_MSADPCM AL_SOFT_source_latency AL_SOFT_source_length AL_SOFT_source_resampler AL_SOFT_source_spatialize
sound system initialized.
--------------------------------------
------- Initializing renderSystem --------
Updating texture filter parameters.
renderSystem initialized.
--------------------------------------
WARNING: Couldn't load image: guis/assets/splash/legal_photosensitivity : guis/assets/splash/legal_photosensitivity#__0200
WARNING: Couldn't load image: guis/assets/splash/legal_photosensitivity : guis/assets/splash/legal_photosensitivity#__0200
Skipping Intro Videos!
Reading strings/english.lang as UTF-8
9117 strings read
wrong game DLL API version
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem
...wglMakeCurrent( NULL, NULL ): success
...deleting GL context: success
...releasing DC: success
...destroying window

 

I see the problem you are using Classic RBDOOM version 1.1.14 which is no longer supported by the DOOM 3 Classic port.

You need version 1.2.0

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks - all working now. I went back to 1.1.14 when trying to see what was causing the original problems with loading fullscreen.

 

I'll play through the mod to check everything is ok, then will write this up as a guide and post it on the Cdoom3 moddb page for people who want to play the mod but have BFG rather than vanilla Doom 3.

 

Thanks again for baring with me, it's been a while since I've dabbled with mods. I'll post here when it's all up on the site.

Share this post


Link to post

@MadGuy I am seeing a couple of problems with v1.2.0.

  1. Shadows seems to look hideous compared to previous versions and far worse than vanilla Doom 3/BFG Edition. Here are some comparison albums I threw together. (Vanilla) (Classic RBDoom3BFG v1.2.0)
  2. The CVAR "com_fixedTic" set to 1 causes the Doom I and II to run at an uncapped frame-rate and makes those games run too fast.
  3. I tried to use this with @Noiser's Doom 4 Vanilla mod and the game crashes when trying to play No Rest for the Living and possibly having Final Doom installed with Classic RBDoom3BFG as well.
  4. Is it possible to fix the skipped cutscene sounds/voices still playing after skipping them?
  5. I think I should have rephrased sooner what I meant by "faster" weapon switching a long ago when I suggested this on ModDB. Personally I think this change has became objectively worse since now you have to stop at every single weapon whereas in Vanilla Doom 3 and BFG Edition it was seemless as you press the next/press buttons or scroll through with the mouse wheel and I was hoping this fluid weapon weapon could have been implemented like how ZDoom-based source ports can do that. I might try and record how different weapon switching is between original Doom 3, BFG Edition, and Classic RBDoom3BFG and show that the change in the last of the three is much worse.
  6. Is there a way to optimize the soft shadows and SSAO from being a resource hog that tanks performance.

Some things I also want to suggest: Is there any possibility this will be updated to feature the newer controller prompts (DualShock 4, Xbox One, Switch) like in the 2019 Bethesda store release of Doom 3 into Classic RBDoom3BFG? Is there also a possible way to implement point/nearest-neighbor upscaling and proper 4:3 aspect-ratio (vanilla and Classic RBDoom3BFG looks kinda stretched still with the "Default" aspect-ratio setting) for the classic Doom games in Classic RBDoom3BFG?

Share this post


Link to post

1 & 6. To be honest those are things that the original RBDOOM has brought up and seriously I am not that good in the graphics department in order to fix them without breaking something else

 

2, 4 & 5. I will look into that

 

3. Any other mods ? I just checked it and it works fine

 

As for the suggestions:

 

A. But it is already there (at least for 2019).

 

B. I guess. There was suppose to be a doomclassic material which is obviously not existing. If I manage to make one and make it work it should be able (I guess) to apply custom shaders to classic Doom itself

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, MadGuy said:

3. Any other mods ? I just checked it and it works fine

 

Nope, just the D4V.wad and D4V.deh files from Doom 4 Vanilla, though it was when I picked the Inferno (which I'm guessing is TNT) while on Doom II (not Doom I) the crash happened, and if I tried to select Thy Fleshed Consumed (which I'm guessing should be Plutonia), it just kicks me back to the game select screen. I'm starting to think this is more of an issue with Doom 4 Vanilla more than a Classic RBDoom3BFG issue and will bring this to Noiser's attention. I'll send my crash dump from when I triggered the crash too.

 

Crash dump: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ccq56_mMakIfksI9jBBp2mmHUrfJIv--/view?usp=sharing

 

11 hours ago, MadGuy said:

A. But it is already there (at least for 2019).

 

I am playing the GOG release of Doom 3: BFG Edition, I don't have the 2019 Bethesda Store version and I don't see those other controller prompt options with the GOG (and presumably Steam) release.

 

EDIT: I also used the original Doom I and II IWADs that came with my GOG copy of The Ultimate Doom and Doom II instead of the ones included in Doom 3: BFG Edition instead if that might also help.

 

Something else I forgot to mention relating to issue #4, even if you save while the skipped cutscene audio is still running, exit back to main menu, and load the save again, the audio from the skipped cutscene resumes playing afterwards.

Edited by AmethystViper : Adding other information regarding a crash.

Share this post


Link to post

For D4V you don't need to load the .deh file (it can load the build in just fine) also as it seems Plutonia might be missing some texture that the custom MAP07 of the mod is using.

 

To put those layouts in BFG would have to require to distribute the D3(2019) swfs and various images and TBH I don't how Ok it will be to distributing them.

 

PS: next time try to run it on debug with +set logfile 1 if you want to share exactly the problem you are having (NOTE to self make Classic DOOM console output available and for the retail builds)

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/30/2019 at 3:42 PM, MadGuy said:

@AmethystViper Here is a bugfix for plutonia (load it ONLY with Plutonia): 

D4VBFG-plut-fix.zip

I just tired and it just straight up causes Classic RBDoom3BFG to crash, and I'm not sure if it gave me a log at with the command you told me to use since I don't see in my game folder. This was from using Doom 4 Vanilla v2.4 as well.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, AmethystViper said:

I just tired and it just straight up causes Classic RBDoom3BFG to crash, and I'm not sure if it gave me a log at with the command you told me to use since I don't see in my game folder. This was from using Doom 4 Vanilla v2.4 as well.

Did you load it ONLY on Plutonia ? (Yes, you can do that)

Share this post


Link to post

Yes I did; I have tried loading it with ONLY the plutonia.wad file and both plutonia.wad and tnt.wad files installed in Classic RBDoom3BFG and I get the same crashing results on my end.

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, AmethystViper said:

Yes I did; I have tried loading it with ONLY the plutonia.wad file and both plutonia.wad and tnt.wad files installed in Classic RBDoom3BFG and I get the same crashing results on my end.

When I say load it ONLY on Plutonia I mean to use the mod exclusivity feature (That is also one of the very first things I did with that port).

Example -doom2 -file ex 3 D4VBFG_plut_fix.wad

 

The reason why it crashes is probably because it tries to load Plutonia's texture list on DOOM 2

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×