Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Diego Ignelzi

My wad: invasion 1992

Could you state source port and put screenshots in your first post? It won't take a lot of time and you'll get more attention. Tommorrow, I'll do quick gameplay of your wad,if I don't forget. 

Only played MAP01, here's some screenshots for curious viewers

It's pretty simple looking and has a lot of doomcute sector furniture and other real-life stuff like buildings, guard towes, roads with sector painted traffic lines, rail road tracks, chairs, tables, jail cells etc. Its ok but nothing very special.

9AGdgGJ.jpg

8AY4iXe.jpg

I'll start with the good. You've got some decent ideas on gameplay, like the multilevel part of the first wad and the prison releaase sequences. You also give an eye to some detail.

Problem is, it feels like Im playing in a symmetrical box. Thats really the thought that haunts me throughout the wad. No matter what you try (you lighten off this somewhat in MAP04, and I applaud you; apart from the intro, I really like that one), it really just feels like a glorified box you ran through the symmetry tool. Try variance on the sides if symmetry is what you want; some shifted crates, different enemy setup, anything to make it feel better will help you. Using non-90 degree angles will help a lot as well.

...What's the track for map 3? I love that tune.

Edited by Royal_Sir

10 hours ago, Royal_Sir said:

I'll start with the good. You've got some decent ideas on gameplay, like the multilevel part of the first wad and the prison releaase sequences. You also give an eye to some detail.

Problem is, it feels like Im playing in a symmetrical box. Thats really the thought that haunts me throughout the wad. No matter what you try (you lighten off this somewhat in MAP04, and I applaud you; apart from the intro, I really like that one), it really just feels like a glorified box you ran through the symmetry tool. Try variance on the sides if symmetry is what you want; some shifted crates, different enemy setup, anything to make it feel better will help you. Using non-90 degree angles will help a lot as well.

...What's the track for map 3? I love that tune.

Hey thanks for your comment, track 3 map is corazon delator of the band soda stereo

Edited by Diego1992

So, I played a bit your mapset. Music was enjoyable and easy to listen. I recommend you to not afraid move some vertexes for more interesting shapes and layouts. I saw some small errors. For example:

These things are unreachable,unless you let jumping in maps.

Switch is not aligned:

Also, I recommend setup this bridge as 3d bridge. It will require some work,but results will be more interesting:

37 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

These things are unreachable,unless you let jumping in maps.

Switch is not aligned:

In this map is enabled the jumping, and I think the texture was bad for not opening it with zandronum, anyway thanks for your comments and for playing my wad

Wow its been a long time since i listened to Soda Stereo

Judging from the name of the first map i can see you are Argentinian i guess?

Im Chilean

11 hours ago, Maisth said:

Wow its been a long time since i listened to Soda Stereo

Judging from the name of the first map i can see you are Argentinian i guess?

Im Chilean

si, soy de argentina, que bueno que te guste soda, gracias por jugar mi wad :D