Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Final Battle in HeXen

IMJack said:

I had a thought: Program the AI so that when you dodge or circle-strafe it, it will "lead" its shots into you. It'll look for patterns in your movement and fire at where you will be rather than where you are.

You can also give it hitscan weapons that kill you instantly no matter what if their shots hit you. Then program it to fire at where you were 0.15 seconds ago so that you die immediately if you don't keep moving.

Baron of Sigma said:

Monsters didn't aways know HOW to get to you, especially if a large wall seperated you from a monster. The monster would just meander along the side of the wall near your coordinates, even if a way around the wall was in his site. :\

In Wolfenstein (the 1992 original), enemies in attack mode will know your position and head towards the vector where you are located. They will find you even if you're running like the wind and you are not in their sight or on the same floor code and you're all the way across the map.

Ichor said:

I think some monsters in Hexen 2 already do that.

RTCW enemies also lead shots if they are not using hitscan weapons. I was quite startled the first time I dodged a Panzerfaust soldier's rocket only to strafe right into another one. *gibbing sound*