Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Misty

How to setup portals?

Question

How to make portals, which reflect other places of maps? I read zdoom wiki, but I need simplier explanation. Which portal action does this - with target or not? I'm asking this, because I test zdoom udmf features for future project. 

8 answers to this question

Aha,here is the answer,you have already a place where your portal to be,huh?Then click the line you want to be seen as portal and set its special to line se portal target,then return back to the place your portal wants to point and make a linedef and set it with and identification,then go back to your portal line and put the number of the new line you created as the exit line,then you can make the portal to be only visible,to be with teleport and etc.I hope this helped.

In UDMF there is also a portal setup on sectors.If you have your map in UDMF format  you can make that for floor or for ceilings as well as you can make slopes.I did this for slopes and it works.

To be more clear, I add screenshot from video, I understand that I can do this with slopes too, but how to create effect like this in portal?  

portal effect.png

Glad I helped.I used the UDMF functions to make slopes more than portals and the line portals are the best way.No need of UDMF or sector portals.Good luck with mapping :)

10 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Hey,it worked. I'll show result here:

QYtuLo2.png

DSbhyuo.jpg

Thank you so much. 

Pretty decent.You got skills to make even a city.