Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

No longer allowed to sign into YouTube?

So uh, I was wondering if any of you out there can help me with this as googling hasn't helped at all. I'm attempting to sign into my YouTube account. Upon entering the correct email and correct password, i get this bullshit message saying "This device isn't recognized." My options at this point are to get a verification code sent to a phone number I no longer have, or to "get help". It asks for my last password I remember, then it asks the same phone verification crap which I have to skip, then asks me the year I created my account. Finally, I get an email sent to me with a 6 digit verification code. I enter the verification code, and get the message "Thank you for verifying your account. Google cannot verify your account." After this, it boots be back to the sign in page....

I'd really like to have access to my youtube channel that I've had for 10 years now but apparently knowing your email and password isn't enough. If you're unlucky like me and got a new phone, it's just like "tough titty, make a new YouTube account you piece of shit" and im like FUCK YOU GOOGLE let me sign in you stupid pieces of dogshit arugefshgfewufgaufhgd

Any chance any of you can help? I'm getting desperate. The very few even remotely related results I got on Google were people asking the same questions as me but also not getting any help. I figured (hope) some of you may have been down this path of bullshit and have a solution to the problem. It's totally moronic that you can be locked out of an account you know all the fucking credentials for because WHOOPS you got a new phone so I guess you don't want your YouTube anymore right??

So lame. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! I know it's a long shot, but I have s0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o much content on my YouTube page that I still want access to.. Also an arbitrary "Fuck you Google, you cunts" because being locked out of an account you know all the details for is EXTREME BULLSHIT..!

Try using a desktop PC to sign in instead of your new (unrecognized) phone. But first, clear all cookies and cached data on the phone and desktop PC (like Cupboard said) and try again. If that doesn't work... welp. I dunno. What a shitty situation.

This reminds me... I spent the better part of a day (like five hours total) trying to recover an old YouTube account I had made in 2006. Similar situation as you. It had a bunch of really old and nostalgic gaming videos (Runescape, Doom 3, Doom 2, etc) and I wanted to reclaim them for old times sake. Unfortunately, I no longer have access to the email I used to create the account. I hadn't logged into that original email for over a year at least, and it ended up getting deleted due to inactivity. I'm not sure why, perhaps to make the name available again for someone else. I also forgot my original YouTube password.

In any case, all five hours were wasted because it turns out that YouTube accounts made before 2010 or so (legacy accounts they call them) cannot be recovered without the original email. And that sucks. I tried everything I could, with no success. I'm still very sad and disappointed about it all...

I really wanted it back. And I feel your pain. Sadly it didn't end well for me. Hope you can get your account back dude.

Edited by RUSH

If you had set up your account for two factor auth, and your phone is your second factor, then yeah you may be permanently locked out of your account (and whoever has your current phone number is getting spammed with sms notifications). It's in their interest to not recover your credentials, because most social engineering attacks are going to proceed just like this where they got your password, some personal info, but NOT posession of the physical second factor device, and so they are going to try to contact the customer service claiming "oh I lost my phone".

If someone is using your old number, you might luck out by texting them asking for the google 2FA code, I dunno :-/

22 minutes ago, Maisth said:

Ever since google got onto Youtube its has been terrible

Google bought Youtube in 2006.

7 minutes ago, Linguica said:

Google bought Youtube in 2006.

I mean when Google introduced their Google+, That i don't know how is called

ever since it has been going downhill.

Turns out, by sheer luck, I had an old phone that was still signed in to my old account. Checked my info and apparently I didn't even have two factor authentication enabled, so I'm pretty confused as to why it was essentially acting like I did by requiring me to respond to a verification text. All I have to do now is figure out how to change the phone number attached to my account - Been attempting to jump through that ring of fire for a couple hours now but the "change your phone number option", if such a thing exists, is SUPER well hidden. Any info I can find about it through googling tells you to click options that aren't there and shit: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/183723?hl=en

This page has all these instructions and tells me to go to the "recovery phone" page in my account settings, yet in account settings, there simply is no page called "recovery phone" and none of the pages have anything even remotely pertaining to it... ugh. This is secure, I mean REALLY secure, so secure that the owner of the fucking account can't even access it with all the info and it takes the liberty of forcing two-factor auth even when my account specifically had that requirement un-ticked. The fact that adding a phone number/editing and existing one is more cryptic than a fucking Indiana Jones puzzle is fucking insanely absurd lol

EDIT: Apparently all that was required was for me to come on here and bitch about it. Soon as I viewed the page in desktop mode rather than mobile mode (despite the fact that I was on a mobile) it showed like a gad-zillion options you don't have access to on the mobile version. So immensely stupid... But at least I finally got this shit figured out. PURE luck!

Edited by Doomkid

I actually started keeping a 'desktop' tab for YouTube open on my phone at all times for other reasons, but this is a good reinforcer to the habit. I'm glad things turned out well for you Dk; that's such bullshit.

Guest Unregistered account

Google employees have stated that the organization and communication at their HQ is abysmal and this is a pretty good example of it.

I'm so glad you got your account back! =D
Does this mean more vids? ;^)

Guest Unregistered account

ConsiDER ME HYPED

On 6/18/2017 at 8:16 PM, Doomkid said:

"Thank you for verifying your account. Google cannot verify your account."

What the fuck?

20 minutes ago, Kapanyo said:

ConsiDER ME HYPED

Well it's nothing too exciting, just a detailed instructional video on how to play Doom online, all stuff you probably already know - I'm sure the long written out tutorial is rather dry for certain people so maybe this will be digestible for a larger audience :)

6 minutes ago, Nevander said:

What the fuck?

ROFL my sentiments exactly!