Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maisth

Game of the year this year?

Gotta be honest with you guys...

I Think Knack 2 will be the Mario Oddysey killer

For a serious answer, it might be Resident Evil 7 for me, and this comes from a guy who has no affinity for the series.

The year is only halfway over though and there's still a large number of games coming out; October and November are stacked.

3 hours ago, Tracer said:

I am excited for Agony.

There is another forum for that sort of thing.

3 hours ago, Maisth said:

shit nobody got the joke

I considering responding with "I can't tell if you're being serious or not." Everything I've seen from Knack 2 looks below average, but far from terrible.  

Exited for the new Wolfenstein game.

I'm going to predict that extreme rightists will try boycotting the game for "Promoting the killing of innocent right-wingers" and some extreme leftists will get mad at the depiction of swastikas.

EDIT : Just as I post this there's already an article about this. The leftist part has already happened. Politics use to be so pure.

Edited by Idiotinforntofadesk

2 hours ago, Ajora said:

I considering responding with "I can't tell if you're being serious or not." Everything I've seen from Knack 2 looks below average, but far from terrible.  

Knack 2 even existing has been a meme for years thanks due in part to Dunkey. That aside, I still can't get over the protagonist's design. It's just way too ugly when small to be cute and way too busy when big.

Personally, I'm looking forward to Sonic Mania. Also interested Crash/Mario but the two are on platforms I probably won't own for a while. I also look forward to seeing the RE2 remake for the first time, apparently it should be out "soon," and whether that be this year or the next or the next is anyone's guess. In terms of games I really wanted to see though, I've gotta live to see Dark Cloud 3 and Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy 2 some day. All those AC: Origins trailers at E3 really fucked me up I tell you what!

2 minutes ago, scalliano said:

Wipeout Omega Collection.

No, I am not joking.

I have it also. Shit's a fine game/collection indeed.

Thus far, both that and Tekken 7 have stolen a fair few of my hours; but I'll be honest, Sonic Mania is likely gonna snatch GOTY for me when it's out. Oh, yes. <3

8 hours ago, geo said:

There is another forum for that sort of thing.

Oh man, thank God you were here to correct me.

1 hour ago, Piper Maru said:

Half-Life 3

Calf-Life 3: The Cow Simulator.

3 hours ago, Captain red pants said:

No Prey love?

It's the spiritual successor to System Shock 2 that we where all hoping Bioshock was going to be.

This.  Prey FTW.

Hong Kong 97, obviously!

Spectacular graphics!

Awe-inducing music!

So realistic you cannot tell it from real life!

Fluid yet simple gameplay!

A gritty but touching story!

Memorable characters!

Aaaaaaaand...

WOTIMTINKINKILLANUN,DIDIMENTIONPIEYOUNGCHEEEEN?!

I guess I'll be serious. There's only one game that stands out for me with the condition that "I've put more time into this year that I never played before." Project Highrise is a game that I have 200 hours into it and managed to get gold on each scenario which while its easy enough its just time consuming. Its definitely an enjoyable management game / time waster.

Hard to say, like said previously this fall has an absurde amount of high end releases. I really want tekkan7 though, I'v gotten each one as they've come out since 2. Is there anything really all that new about it?

3 hours ago, MrGlide said:

Is there anything really all that new about it?

Rage arts and rage drives; special moves given when at <25% health. The art is a comeback 'super' in a similar vein to SFIV's Ultra Combo moves and the rage drive is an enhanced special move with character-specific properties (such as: Nina's RD is a guaranteed wallsplat, Kazumi's knocks opponent HIGH for combo setup). Either can only be used once (that is to say, use the rage art - even if it whiffs - and you can say goodbye to that AND the rage drive for the remainder of the round).

On top of this, I personally like how the ridiculous amount of bound/OTG combos possible in T6/TTT2 have been nerfed slightly. Big combos still possible of course, they're just dialed back somewhat.

I've been having a lot of fun with the new Tekken, I gotta say.