Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lingyan203

I got my Bachelor's degree and graduated from University!

2 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Congratulations. It begs the question: What did you study, though?

Thank you! I really appreciate it! I studied Statistics with a Minor in Mandarin Chinese, which is a Bachelor of Mathematics at Carleton University.

7 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Congratulations! I still have one year until I finish college.

Thanks! What are you taking at college?

2 minutes ago, Lingyan203 said:

Thanks! What are you taking at college?

Well,my country system is very different from yours, but I study dietetics. I prefer say college rather than university of applied sciences  from where I took course. Heh :')

1 minute ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Well,my country system is very different from yours, but I study dietetics. I prefer say college rather than university of applied sciences  from where I took course. Heh :')

ah, I see. What year are you in for dietetics?

1 minute ago, Lingyan203 said:

ah, I see. What year are you in for dietetics?

Well,second year is almost done and third year will be last and I get my degree.

5 minutes ago, Maisth said:

Congrats dude! Passing the university is a real chore sometimes!

Thank you! I appreciate it a lot! It took me 7 years to finish my degree! :)

11 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Well,second year is almost done and third year will be last and I get my degree.

Well good luck to you! You'll do fine :)

There were lots of bagpipe music played at my Convocation.

Edited by Lingyan203

16 minutes ago, Voros said:

Congrats! Any tips for teenagers as to what to prepare for?

Do not be afraid to ask for help, use your sources wisely. You cannot rely on just yourself to be successful; you have friends, family, teachers/professors, councillors, and such to help you all the way in life, which makes you do your best and become more and more stronger.

You are more capable than you think you are; trust yourself. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going!

Don't let stress or your busy schedule take control of who you are, and try to never give up or get upset so easily.

Congrats, bro. It's interesting to have a minor in Mandarin Chinese. I thought Chinese is not that attractive for some reason. Also, I apologize that I originally thought you may be older...

Congratulations, that's another successful step taken in your life journey. May its experiences for good and bad help you get ahead in life. Just don't expect a job, degrees aren't for that :p

5 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

Congrats, bro. It's interesting to have a minor in Mandarin Chinese. I thought Chinese is not that attractive for some reason. Also, I apologize that I originally thought you may be older...

Thanks! ya I'm like almost 27. I also learned French, Spanish, and some Japanese as well.

2 hours ago, Chezza said:

Congratulations, that's another successful step taken in your life journey. May its experiences for good and bad help you get ahead in life. Just don't expect a job, degrees aren't for that :p

Thanks! ya degrees don't always get the job you wanted, but it gives you some background experience in the field you want to work in.

Congratulations Lingyan! Finishing college is a significant accomplishment. I wish you the best of luck in your career. :-)

2 hours ago, Lingyan203 said:

Thanks! ya degrees don't always get the job you wanted, but it gives you some background experience in the field you want to work in.

What field do you want to work in?

1 hour ago, 42PercentHealth said:

Congratulations Lingyan! Finishing college is a significant accomplishment. I wish you the best of luck in your career. :-)

What field do you want to work in?

Well, it was actually University. I'm thinking about going in to the game development field.

6 minutes ago, Lingyan203 said:

Well, it was actually University.

My bad. Where I live, we use the terms interchangeably...

7 minutes ago, Lingyan203 said:

I'm thinking about going in to the game development field.

Cool! It's a hard field to enter, from what I hear. Good luck!

11 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

My bad. Where I live, we use the terms interchangeably...

Cool! It's a hard field to enter, from what I hear. Good luck!

ya, but I do a lot of gaming especially on YouTube, and I've made mods for Wolfenstein 3D before in the past.

4 minutes ago, Lingyan203 said:

ya, but I do a lot of gaming especially on YouTube, and I've made mods for Wolfenstein 3D before in the past.

If you want to get into the game industry i suggest you to know how to use Unreal engine 4 , Unity and all those sort of HD Programs since they are pretty much the default to enter into Game development.

1 hour ago, Maisth said:

If you want to get into the game industry i suggest you to know how to use Unreal engine 4 , Unity and all those sort of HD Programs since they are pretty much the default to enter into Game development.

ah. Is there a link I can go to learn more about it?

4 hours ago, stru said:

Congrats Ling! Best of luck, just don't forget about us :p 

Thanks stru! I'm definitely not gonna 4get about u guys. In fact, I'm still gonna b doing Doom videos and other games and such.