Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Doommer

Paranoid WAD Question

Hi , I hope I'm posting in the right category :

I tried to play the Paranoid mod on both GZDoom and Zandronum but it simply shows a hell of a lot Zombie mans everywhere replacing scientists and guards and even as the HEV suit !

I'm attaching an screenshot as a demonstration ...

What is the problem ?

Do I need to attach the log ?

Thanks everyone.

Screenshot_Doom_20170621_000414.png

Screenshot_Doom_20170621_224500.png

Screenshot_Doom_20170621_224706.png

Screenshot_Doom_20170621_224722.png

Edited by The Doommer

22 hours ago, Gothic said:

Don't play on software mode.

Playing on Hardware mode returns error.

My VGA is old but supports OpenGL 3 I assume.

I attached the error details on Zandronum (Error.zip) and the whole Log on GZDoom (GZDoom Log.zip)

Error.zip

GZDoom Log.zip

Edited by The Doommer

"Hello, I am a toilet. However, due to budget cuts, I appear as a former human."

33 minutes ago, The Doommer said:

Playing on Hardware mode returns error.

My VGA is old but supports OpenGL 3 I assume.

Apparently not. Your log clearly shows that OpenGL never initializes properly. This can either happen because you do not have OpenGL 2.x capable hardware or there is a problem with your driver. What graphics card do you have?

1 hour ago, Graf Zahl said:

What graphics card do you have?

Mobile Intel(R) 45 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)

1 hour ago, Xaser said:

budget cuts

Not budget cuts dude , I was OK with this thing until it became really "unstable".

But I'm still waiting until a specified time to get rid of this grandpa...

16 hours ago, Xaser said:

"Hello, I am a toilet. However, due to budget cuts, I appear as a former human."

Way, way 2 kinky 4 me.

On mardi 20 juin 2017 at 9:38 PM, The Doommer said:

Screenshot_Doom_20170621_000414.png

Dumb zombiemen, everyone knows you need to go outside to have enough room to make a castell.

On 6/22/2017 at 0:47 AM, The Doommer said:

Mobile Intel(R) 45 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)

@Graf Zahl Does it support OpenGL 3 ?

16 hours ago, Graf Zahl said:

No. That hardware only supports GL 2.x.

So that's why it doesn't support GZDoom Hardware mode...

What a shame...

GZDoom does support GL 2.x, but it requires some extensions to work. I have no idea how good the driver for this chipset is, but be aware that Intel's latest driver for it is 6 years old. This thing is way beyond the 'unsupported' stage already.

I tried to get the new followup wad to this - Paranoiac - to run on gzdoom but I just get error messages and it won't launch.  Has anyone successfully gotten Paranoiac to run on gzdoom?  I really liked Paranoid when I played it about 5 years ago, considering it quite unique, but if I recall correctly, I kept encountering a bug that prevented me from fully enjoying the game so I quit.  What that bug was I can't remember.  Maybe it was fixed in later builds.

"Help, this mod that relies on model support doesn't work properly in a renderer that doesn't support that feature, also I'm running on a toaster, how can I make this impossible task possible somehow?"

On 6/21/2017 at 4:21 PM, The Doommer said:

Not budget cuts dude , I was OK with this thing until it became really "unstable".

The joke

---------->

Your head

And how exactly were you fine with it until now? The entire mod relies on models, surely you'd have noticed that it was broken right upon first loading it?

1 hour ago, Blastfrog said:

And how exactly were you fine with it until now? The entire mod relies on models, surely you'd have noticed that it was broken right upon first loading it?

I mean the "toaster" dude.

2 hours ago, Graf Zahl said:

GZDoom does support GL 2.x, but it requires some extensions to work. I have no idea how good the driver for this chipset is, but be aware that Intel's latest driver for it is 6 years old. This thing is way beyond the 'unsupported' stage already.

Yeah for sure.

This convinces me that I have to get rid of what Blastfrog calls it "toaster"

2 hours ago, cacomonkey said:

I tried to get the new followup wad to this - Paranoiac - to run on gzdoom but I just get error messages and it won't launch.  Has anyone successfully gotten Paranoiac to run on gzdoom?  I really liked Paranoid when I played it about 5 years ago, considering it quite unique, but if I recall correctly, I kept encountering a bug that prevented me from fully enjoying the game so I quit.  What that bug was I can't remember.  Maybe it was fixed in later builds.

You have to load Paranoid along with it. It's not a standalone mod.