Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phade102

Confinement Community Project. (Project Released!) (Boom Compatible!)

Ah I see, the same thing can be observed in my map. If you use the yellow door from the start, it won't display the "You need the yellow key to open this door" message because there is a linedef special right in front of it.

Exhitionism v4

Ok, I think I've fixed the issue. Caught some other stuff, mostly visual, as well. Thanks for testing and continuing to move things along @Phade102, sorry I overlooked this. This map has been so finicky, but I was just starting to explore "advanced" Boom techniques back when I made it, so whaddaya gonna do...

Original post on page 6 has been updated as well.

1 hour ago, Big Ol Billy said:

Exhitionism v4

Ok, I think I've fixed the issue. Caught some other stuff, mostly visual, as well. Thanks for testing and continuing to move things along @Phade102, sorry I overlooked this. This map has been so finicky, but I was just starting to explore "advanced" Boom techniques back when I made it, so whaddaya gonna do...

Original post on page 6 has been updated as well.

Its no problem Billy, thank you for fixing it as quick as you have. I'm having help from other people on the project right now as i'm a bit busy, it should be out later this month!

Perhaps I should figure a better name for my map, though. 

"Going Up", "Love in Elevator", "Central Elevator Shaft" or "Destination Dispatch". Or something. No idea. I am bad at naming. 

By the way, has anyone tried it out yet?

I'M ON THE MAP01? I CAN'T TELL HOW HONORED AM I.

on serious note, I'm looking forward to play these maps :D

On 15/12/2017 at 9:03 PM, floatRand said:

Perhaps I should figure a better name for my map, though. 

"Going Up", "Love in Elevator", "Central Elevator Shaft" or "Destination Dispatch". Or something. No idea. I am bad at naming. 

Shafted

Up The Shaft

Shaft Love

Destination: Shaft

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

On 15/12/2017 at 9:03 PM, floatRand said:

Sorry, totally forgot to reply to this. I did! It's honestly one of my favourites in the pack, complete with a really fun to find secret exit! :D

I did feel the midi was out of place, but that's a personal-taste thing.

22 hours ago, R1ck said:

I'M ON THE MAP01? I CAN'T TELL HOW HONORED AM I.

on serious note, I'm looking forward to play these maps :D

Haha, your map was the easiest by far, but still quality. There were only two maps removed and they were both SArais's

I apologise for the delay in the map launch! The wad was uploaded to /idgames today, but of course, being a first time uploader I didnt realize it would take a few days for it to upload! It will be up very soon, and I will post the link in the original post when that happens.

I will be providing a temporary link later today. I want people to enjoy the project as soon as possible.

Excited to finally play this! Hope you get a link up soon bud :)

Edited by cacomeme

I am so sorry there isnt a link yet! The project is 100% done and ready to go, the IDGames link just hasn't come though yet and I'm going to be uploading it later today! I am So sorry to everyone for the delay!

Updated the original post with a temporary download link. Will be changed to the /idgames link once its avaliable. I hope everyone enjoys, please post feedback!

Congratulations on the release guys!  I look forward to trying this out!

Why cc4-tex isn't merged with compilation?I just read text file and tested wad. I believe that final stuff must be merged with all texture sets in one with maintenance afterwards, because not everyone will read text file and be sure that they loaded that texture pack. Sorry for being nitpicky.

I completely disagree. Why merge a texture pack into the project when it's one that a large quantity of doomers already have on their harddrive? I agree that an 'alternate merged version' could be an option but it's not uncommon for projects that make use of a single texture pack (especially CC4) to simply say 'requires xxxxxxxx.wad'. :)

For outsiders mostly. Because beyond of this forum there are lots of people who play custom doom content and they won't search cc4-tex to play this wad and for those who doesn't do maps, this pack would be waste of space after they done with this community compilation. 

I'd like to see it merged too.

When i test a file before i host a wad, i just fire it up and discard it if it does not work "out of the box". Why? Because there can be so many reasons why it does not work:

- it is not intended for the source port i always use (which is zandronum - and this forum is not entirely dedicated to zandronum)

- it may not be compatible with the mods i constantly use

- it may be just, well, .... not so very well made so it just breaks...

- it uses some obscure other features that i'm not aware of

- it may require other files that i overlooked in the first place...(which is the case we are dealing with here).

When i play on other servers it won't normally pose a big problem, since cc-tex will be dl'd automatically (if for some obscure reason you don't already have it on your harddrive somewhere), but in setting up a server myself i select wads on there "availability to use out of the box".

I am sure many people think like me when they fire up a server on TSPG or whatever other platform. Call it laziness, but it is what it is....

Don't break the great work you did in making this stuff and just merge all necessary things into the wad. It'll guarantee more success

1 hour ago, grrfield said:

I'd like to see it merged too.

When i test a file before i host a wad, i just fire it up and discard it if it does not work "out of the box". Why? Because there can be so many reasons why it does not work:

- it is not intended for the source port i always use (which is zandronum - and this forum is not entirely dedicated to zandronum)

- it may not be compatible with the mods i constantly use

- it may be just, well, .... not so very well made so it just breaks...

- it uses some obscure other features that i'm not aware of

- it may require other files that i overlooked in the first place...(which is the case we are dealing with here).

When i play on other servers it won't normally pose a big problem, since cc-tex will be dl'd automatically (if for some obscure reason you don't already have it on your harddrive somewhere), but in setting up a server myself i select wads on there "availability to use out of the box".

I am sure many people think like me when they fire up a server on TSPG or whatever other platform. Call it laziness, but it is what it is....

Don't break the great work you did in making this stuff and just merge all necessary things into the wad. It'll guarantee more success

It will also bloat the file size by a large amount. The text file clearly states you need cc4 tex, if you wish to discard it I completely understand, but spending a minute reading to see "Oh this needs cc4 tex, something I have" isn't too much to ask for. Plus, if you also look in the original thread, it clearly states it uses cc4 tex, so it means you would need it if it doesnt come with. I'm sorry that you won't try the wad, because there are a lot of great maps in here, but I understand your reasoning.

It was either increase the file size massively, or add cc4 tex to the zip file, which I would not do even if I were allowed.

1 hour ago, Phade102 said:

It will also bloat the file size by a large amount. The text file clearly states you need cc4 tex, if you wish to discard it I completely understand, but spending a minute reading to see "Oh this needs cc4 tex, something I have" isn't too much to ask for. Plus, if you also look in the original thread, it clearly states it uses cc4 tex, so it means you would need it if it doesnt come with. I'm sorry that you won't try the wad, because there are a lot of great maps in here, but I understand your reasoning.

It was either increase the file size massively, or add cc4 tex to the zip file, which I would not do even if I were allowed.

We are both right and wrong, i guess. You're right when you say that reading the txt isn't too much asked. Since i know now, i will include the cc4.tex ofc. My point just is that there are a lot of people out there that are not following any forums or don't practic online doom. They will dl the wad from idgames and ... it won't work.

Tough choices...

Best of luck though

With texture maintenance file size shouldn't go bloat that much. If people can't handle few more megabytes in wad, it will be their problem. Have you ever removed unused textures, flats and patches from your own wads? Same thing goes with this compilation. Heck I even used bigger texture set for speedmapping session few weeks ago and with removed unused things file size didn't increase so much. Mostly you need take care of animated textures, because prboom+ won't run wad if one frame is missed.

20 minutes ago, grrfield said:

We are both right and wrong, i guess. You're right when you say that reading the txt isn't too much asked. Since i know now, i will include the cc4.tex ofc. My point just is that there are a lot of people out there that are not following any forums or don't practic online doom. They will dl the wad from idgames and ... it won't work.

Tough choices...

Best of luck though

You are actually complete right in one aspect. I should have made it more clear in the text file that it needs CC4-tex to run

10 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

With texture maintenance file size shouldn't go bloat that much. If people can't handle few more megabytes in wad, it will be their problem. Have you ever removed unused textures, flats and patches from your own wads? Same thing goes with this compilation. Heck I even used bigger texture set for speedmapping session few weeks ago and with removed unused things file size didn't increase so much. Mostly you need take care of animated textures, because prboom+ won't run wad if one frame is missed.

the project is released. I dont have the time to go back and redo all that, plus, with all the varied mapping styles here Its unlikely there are a lot of textures to remove, since so many would have been used. I'm sorry that you aren't happy, but theres nothing I can do at this point.

EDIT: I have updated the original post to state it needs cc4-tex to run. If people are not willing to get that, then I dont know what to suggest.