Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phade102

Confinement Community Project. (Project Released!) (Boom Compatible!)

Here's a max. Gorgeous map. The scale of the out-of-playspace area is amazing, as is the detailing. Amusing how misleading the screenshots you posted are in that respect. Not a bad map to play either, except that the cacodemons outside of the playspace, which are basically decoration, can be annoying -- they like to drift off into the distance (especially the one in the larger cavern) and the three cacos can get caught behind machinery. 

drdconf_rd_cmax.zip

Edited by rdwpa

I'd like to contribute if it isn't already too late. I'll see if I can come up with anything in the remaining time though...

11 hours ago, SGS Man said:

I'd like to contribute if it isn't already too late. I'll see if I can come up with anything in the remaining time though...

Never too late.

Let your imagination run wild. ⁽ᶰᵒᵗ ˢᵒ ʷᶦᶫᵈ ᵇᶜᵘᶻ ᵇᵒᵒᵐ ʳᵉˢᵗʳᶦᶜᵗᶦᵒᶰˢ⁾

Thanks for the fda as well, rdwpa. :)

I'll see what I can do about the Cacodemons. I wasn't too worried about them being outside the level, but I can certainly see them being annoying when they are pushed backwards into the cave.

16 hours ago, rdwpa said:

Amusing how misleading the screenshots you posted are in that respect.

Then my plan worked. Surprise! :P

FIX TRY DAT 
FIXED:
-VERY FAST FLOORS BREAKING MA SCRIPTS
-MIDI CONVERTED TO MUS COS OPENAL N SHIETT
-1 ENTIRELY NEW UNMARKED SECRET, cos voodooo dolls cant trigger secrets

-MORE SOFTLOCK PROOF
-Poohlyash smells

map is below

Edited by Poohlyash : i smell

9 hours ago, Poohlyash said:

FDA: b4brown-bob.zip

This was fun. The start kept me on my toes and the resource management (making the most out of that berzerk not knowing exactly what was coming in subsequent waves) was a nice challenge. Really solid addition to the project.

Two issues: (1) Not sure about the midi choice. In my prboom, there is some pitch bendy stuff with the strings that sounds.... off. (2) You can softlock yourself if you hit the outer courtyard switches out of order. This requires pressing use on them when they're still down, but it's pretty obvious where they're going to be so it's not out of the realm of possibility for the player to do so. Admittedly, it does kind of function as punishment for trying to cheat.

Rated B for Brown: 

- All the redundant teleporation lines in the scrolling sections are less robust than simply using a short tunnel with action 244 (WR Teleport to Line With Same Tag) at the very end, after the normal teleporter, and then putting a line at the beginning with that tag. That way something will loop indefinitely if it fails to warp in. Here it's still possible to block stuff. In this case, I ended up with an arachnotron not warping in on two occasions because its spot was blocked for long enough.

- Also in playing the map multiple times (prB+ -cl 9), using the red key door at the end failed twice, making the map unable to finish. Not sure what's going on, but it's possibly related to the fact that the scrolling floors scroll very fast, so it's possible for voodoo dolls to skip triggering linedefs. This will happen in complevel 9 but not complevel -1, so make sure you are testing with the right settings. Also I wouldn't use scroll actions with linedef lengths greater than, say, 256, except where linedef skips don't matter. 600 is too high. 

- One of the other times I played the map, I was unable to get the red key. It just stayed up there when all four switches were hit (only after said switches were visible, as well). I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary (beyond not clearing out every wave methodically before progressing, since that is not how I naturally play maps like this :P), just hitting switches when they become accessible. But it seems quite easy to break stuff.

Edited by rdwpa

Going to be updating the main post with all the new mappers in the next day or so. been really busy, sorry all.

Here is my progress so far. I've gone for a demonic tech-base vibe.

vYVzUlv.png

ygnNO9n.png

L8Ld5IO.png

5GAckCc.png

And yeah, no-monster screenies...

That looks great, @SGS Man! I apologise for not updating the main thread, i've been absolutely swept off my feet with work and such lately, plus a family emergency. It will be updated VERY soon.

Bad news -- I can't remember what I called my confinement *.wad. Was going to work on it, but honestly it is a bit bloated. Maybe I'll make a smaller 1048 map instead.

NeedHealth, you've probably moved on from your first map in progress but just in case, you can have file explorer search for only WADs by typing "ext:" followed by either "wad" or "dbs" to better help you find the wad. :)

I updated my map with some changes. The exit should be more obvious now and the Cacodemons were moved to be closer to the playable area (they shouldn't fly too far away now). I also changed the music. Credits to Jimmy for the track "Ambience".

Download

The Scar

Enjoy!

Alright then, my map is done.

Title: Tomb of the False God

Download Latest Version

Edgy name, I know. Anyway, this is a 2048x2048 map featuring cramped encounters at first, followed by more open encounters later on. UV is fairly difficult, although HMP and HNTR are implemented. Some of the crazier battles are optional though. It's fairly linear, but has a few nifty shortcuts. Hope you like lots of Cyberdemons and Archviles!

- Music: "Suspense (Redux)" by SilentZorah

- Boom Compatible (-complevel 9)

- Playtested (Although I may have missed something)

- Requires cc4-tex.wad

Edited by SGS Man

30 minutes ago, SGS Man said:

Alright then, the first version of my map is done

Title: Tomb of the False God

Download

Edgy name, I know. Anyway, this is a 2048x2048 map featuring cramped encounters at first, followed by more open encounters later on. UV is fairly difficult, although HMP and HNTR are implemented. Some of the crazier battles are optional though. It's fairly linear, but has a few nifty shortcuts. Hope you like lots of Cyberdemons and Archviles!

- Music: "Suspense (Redux)" by SilentZorah

- Boom Compatible (-complevel 9)

- Playtested (Although I may have missed something)

- Requires cc4-tex.wad

Exited in 7:34 (1st attempt) in my FDA. It's actually quite amusing how that (accidentally) happens. :) 

TotFG_rd_fda.zip

Not a fan of the first room. Hitscanners like that are just totally random damage. I managed to escape with only 3% (!) damage here but this sort of setup, from my extensive experience with the "unavoidable hitscanners vs. your pistol in tiny rooms" trope, is basically a dice roll from 0 to something high (or death). Rest of what I played seemed like a fun appetizer.

I might try for a "legitimate" playthrough -- hopefully will be able to actually visit everything this time. 

On 10/25/2017 at 10:02 PM, Phade102 said:

Going to be updating the main post with all the new mappers in the next day or so. been really busy, sorry all.

Two questions:

1. Is the target date for submission still November 30? Or has it been changed (I couldn't find anything in the last four pages about the date)?

2. Are there any map slots still available?

Cool, I like the start changes. Several monsters don't warp in because the Teleport to Line with Same Tag action needs a seperate blank line with a tag before the main teleporter. Also the secret teleporter unlocked with the RK switch can't be registered towards the secret count because the sector around it is too small for Doomguy.

Edited by rdwpa

9 hours ago, Pegleg said:

Two questions:

1. Is the target date for submission still November 30? Or has it been changed (I couldn't find anything in the last four pages about the date)?

2. Are there any map slots still available?

The date is still the same for entries to be closed, however I cant release the wad on that date, so if you want to do a map, I'll put it in as long as its at least ready by the end of the year.

I once again wish to apologise to everyone in this project. i am not giving up on it, I have just been so insanely busy I haven't had time for ANYTHING. I have someone willing to help me compile the final version of the wad once its all complete, so it should go faster soon. the post will be updated within the next few days wich all the new maps and contributors.

I opt in as backup project compiler, so if nobody else steps in by December 1st I guess I'm doing it. Also, I made a map for this but forgot to post it, will do that in the nearish future when on my home PC. :)

So, after almost half of the year I came up with map (I hope, you still have free space for one more map). Map doesn't go below 1024x1024 and doesn't go beyond 2048x2048. Unplayable areas serve as decoration or monster ledges. Requires cc4-tex.

Map name: Eternal Winter
Required ports: boom compatible
Tested with: prboom+ 2.5.1.4 (complevel 9), gzdoom. 
Skill settings: none(I have no idea where I could put them)
Music: Blood midi OST - Dark Carnival
Download link: here

Also screenshots(crosspost from picture thread):

lAgjUZA.png

2UrNtph.png

Spoiler

When you will edit first post, please shortcut my username in this one that I use now ;)

Edited by Myst.Haruko

I completely underestimated how difficult this would be... or maybe how uncreative I am.

Anyways I don't think I'm gonna be able to map for this, maybe if I finish my other maps and suddenly have an amazing idea and there are still slots left, I'll rejoin.

Sorry, just don't want to mislead potential newcomers into thinking there isn't enough space or something.