Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phade102

Confinement Community Project. (Project Released!) (Boom Compatible!)

On 11/12/2017 at 2:04 AM, bonnie said:

I completely underestimated how difficult this would be... or maybe how uncreative I am.

Anyways I don't think I'm gonna be able to map for this, maybe if I finish my other maps and suddenly have an amazing idea and there are still slots left, I'll rejoin.

Sorry, just don't want to mislead potential newcomers into thinking there isn't enough space or something.

Bonnie, there was never any pressure on you to complete a map. I understand entirely if you are no longer interested or feel unable to do it. Thank you for trying anyway, maybe my next project when I decide to do one might fit more into your mapping stylee.

MAP31: Spectral Lab for Confinement
toobright.png.41bb2f94ff3ea80d5a943368872b910d.png
Size: 1337 x 1337

Difficulty: I'll say this right now, this map is a bit bullshit XD
Music: "Agony Rhapsody" from TNT: Evilution

Bugs: The hole the cyberdemon comes from might not close back like it should. If you find a way to telefrag the archviles, stay on top of their spawn point for a few seconds; they are getting crushed off-screen but some manage to still teleport in.

Notes: This is my first Boom-format map. It features ghost monsters, among other things. There are a total of 256 monsters on UV, as an homage to my own Confinement project. This map contains a secret exit to MAP32, whatever map that may be. :)

Update: Scroller speed was too fast and caused some things such as monsters spawning and doors opening to fail. Fixed courtesy of @Poohlyash

This map was tested in prBoom+ 2.5.1.4 and GZDoom 3.2.0

CONF_XYZ.zip

Edited by Xyzzy01

In my opinion, deadline should be extended until christmas begins, but who I am to tell, I don't lead this thing.

The deadline is today, however only for new mappers. I will now begin testing all the maps, making sure everything works and looks good as well as organising sky transfers and such. As such, @floatRand I will happily accept a map from you, but I would appreciate it if you could do the sky transfers, and difficulty settings before sending it to me as I will not have a lot of time to do this myself.

Thank you to everyone that contributed. I know I have not been active as much as I should have been, but I assure you this project is not dead, It will be completed, I have a bunch of people helping me with the maps right now, so it will be ready by christmas or the new year (Hopefully!)

Please note, with the exception of Floatrand We are not accepting any new mappers. the deadline for new mappers has passed, and all current mappers have until the end of december to finish their maps, or the project will be launched without your inclusion.

Well, you could update first post and include renewed list of mappers(and include map download links near mapper's username) and things what you said here. Actually, I don't mind in which slot you'll put my map, so I believe that snowy place fit under all three cc4-tex sky textures.

P.s. Main title also could have mentioned deadline day, so people could finish stuff faster.

Edited by Myst.Haruko

18 minutes ago, muumi said:

My first map, flying thing is still missing difficulties. Ill update it soon

I have had someone go through the maps implementing difficulties, no need to worry about it.

5 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

I have had someone go through the maps implementing difficulties, no need to worry about it.

What about multiplayer ?

Some maps (like mine) won't even work properly in multiplayer. It will take me too long to implement that, plus what are the odds someone will get a friend and play this anyway?

OimXG8w.png

Well, kinda did overestimate my speed (or underestimate my need of sleep), but doing good progress. I am going to do that secret exit, so I guess it is map 15. 

1 hour ago, floatRand said:

Well, kinda did overestimate my speed

Overestimate? Holy shit, that layout looks amazing man...

That looks fantastic @floatRand!

@NeedHealth There is no way in heck I am going to attempt to make these maps multiplayer compatible. With the wide variety of mappers, all with varying styles, its impossible to do that. If someone wants to go through the maps after the release and make them work for deathmatch or co op fine, but I don't have the time, patience, or ability to do that.

4R4uOLW.jpg

Probably gonna get this done this weekend.

So, multiplayer not necessary? That is bit of a relief so I don't to worry too much about progression of this map.

6hqSb8I.jpg

Got super-caught into this. It is kinda finished for now. 

I am still gonna do the difficult setting tomorrow and some fixes, but here's a version for some testing. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FFAv2DMoKKMBHiobL8JFJzQodzzmINPC/view?usp=sharing

Still need to clean automap and make properly loop that midi or find another one (current is King Meteor's Snake Eyes from MMZX)

Edit: Small update. Just some fixes, managed to make the teleports noisy. 

Edit2: Finished! Sort of! The issues I personally had are fixed, implemented some quickie difficulty settings and made the track looping (same track, edited a bit). Wait, I forgot the automap thing, hold on...

Edit3: And fixed automap a bit. 

Edit4: Some minor adjustments and ACTUALLY fixed the midi track. hopefully.

Edited by floatRand

@Big Ol Billy Your map 'exibitionism' is not completable in boom source ports. You have included gzdoom exclusive features in the blue walled area. If you can fix it let me know, if not I'll see about fixing it myself.

@Phade102

Hmmm lemme see what I can do. At one point it was completable in prboom but I probably broke something with later changes. I know a lot more about boom now compared to when I made the map, so I should be able to work something out.

I checked it out, it's something to do with having 2 linedefs in close proximity - you try to 'press' the door but the line in front which I think was a WR Monster teleport 'eats up' the action I believe.