Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phade102

Confinement Community Project. (Project Released!) (Boom Compatible!)

:p It didn't even occur to me that there where other skies than the standard three in cc4, but  when checking there  I  actually found one I think will work.

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, Phade102 said:

Final version of my map, Monochrome Hell. I've removed multiple pillars in the first room to make it a bit less confusing (There is still some annoying bumps here and there, but its no where near as bad) and I have used the area outside of playable space to amplify the void setting a bit.

I have also removed two demons from the second room, and added them to a teleporter on a conveyor so they dont make the room too cramped (Don't go BERSERK.)

MonochromeHellFINAL.zip

PLEASE SAVE THE ENDANGERING SPOOKIE ROCKETLAUNCHER SCARY SKELETONS
Everyday, normal difficulty cuts the SRSSkeletons population in half. Save em! Donate to realm667 to make Hissy happy!
Also even tho there is more of a large holes with a void in them, you still aint using em.
Thx for decreasing number of pillars also.

For Monochrome Hell, I used the ammo placed in the stage rather than using the berserk the whole time and still I had a lot of ammo thanks to some hilarious infighting. Now with more void for the map which is nice visually and less pillars, the first revenant it's still at slow speed for it's appearance. There has to be some way to speed up the lift...other than that, it was good.

31 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

For Monochrome Hell, I used the ammo placed in the stage rather than using the berserk the whole time and still I had a lot of ammo thanks to some hilarious infighting. Now with more void for the map which is nice visually and less pillars, the first revenant it's still at slow speed for it's appearance. There has to be some way to speed up the lift...other than that, it was good.

Darnit, there is a way to fix that revenant lift, I just forgot to do it. I'll fix it for the next release, probably just going to modify the void area too.

1 minute ago, Phade102 said:

Darnit, there is a way to fix that revenant lift, I just forgot to do it. I'll fix it for the next release, probably just going to modify the void area too.

and still not an indicator added for the doors needing a key ;)

40 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

40 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

Thats intended. The level is so small that it wont take more than a few moments to find your way. But I suppose I can look into it =)

this map has been in the back burner for a while now, it's almost finished, here are some pics of what I've added...

597a1958cb9d1_conf23(1).jpg.a5cd099a92da310d5971548f2302b01f.jpg

as you can see, the map looks pretty huge, but the playable area is 2048x2048 right in the middle, the rest is just for "decoration".

597a19b0d5693_conf23(1).png.7e2d049394cfce8958442d32ea3b0245.png597a1a40c9ab7_conf23(3).png.669ff1c42f420a24cac1a0e9ea69de8f.png added more depictions of sacrifice...

597a1aad3c111_conf23(1).png.ddf67d35e307984a776605e749a83a7c.png

added a blood river that surrounds the city. Just to add to hellish ambience

597a1ad6456dd_conf23(4).png.558590116701f270b70174e819fdf6da.png

another pic of the river, this picture is 666 kb in size. 🤘

597a19bd553ac_conf23(2).png.bc39063dc350189d6984753c88242efe.png

just an overall pic of the hell city :)

so let me know what you think! Im gonna give the textures more variety at the very end.

Level name: Serapis

Music: Deep into the Code remake - Andrew Hulshult

cc4-tex needed

Looks pretty metal! Blood rivers and the IoS wooden arch/gate are groovy. Fireblu in the last pic looks a little weird, though. Also you might want to reconsider mixing the photo-scanned hanging guys and the hand-drawn ones. They have really different aesthetics so they look a little weird right next to each other (to me). 

Cool to see someone doing a confined play space in a *big* environment, lots of gameplay possibilities there!

IIRC guys like this were based on scanned photos:

GOR2A0.png.d0ca4a8f2bec94ad0c832ac546fcd306.png

While guys like this are pure pixel art and consequently a bit more cartoony:

HDB2A0.png.26b4df1d0cefd93c8d9c52c562deb1cf.png

edit: Turns out that the first guy was indeed adapted from a photo, and not just any photo

Hey all, just an update. we still have a lot of map slots avaliable if anyone else would like to join the project, or if any people already contributing wish to make some more maps.

I've never participated in one of these, and I generally make big maps.

This obviously means I should participate in this project!

7 hours ago, CanSteam said:

Can we use any MIDI file we want?

At this current point, i'm going to tentatively say yes. I am still urgently looking for someone to assist me on this project for the final stages, but i haven't had anyone that has had time yet.

Sorry for not posting any status updates in this thread. With some hope I'll make it to the finish date and if you all missed it there are a few screenshots floating around in the what-are-you-working-on-thread and the about tab in my userprofile.

Oops, kinda embarrassed that I forgot about this. I'll try to complete a map until the end of the month, or should I hurry up?

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:13 AM, Phade102 said:

At this current point, i'm going to tentatively say yes. I am still urgently looking for someone to assist me on this project for the final stages, but i haven't had anyone that has had time yet.

hey man, I'll help! :)

4 hours ago, DoomLover234 said:

Oops, kinda embarrassed that I forgot about this. I'll try to complete a map until the end of the month, or should I hurry up?

no need to rush you have until november =)

3 hours ago, CzechMate29200 said:

hey man, I'll help! :)

I appreciate your offer, but I need someone with experience on the more behind the scenes kind of things, like moving all the levels into one wad and such, as well as doing music and making sure the sky transfers work. I do appreciate your offer though.

Just now, Phade102 said:

I appreciate your offer, but I need someone with experience on the more behind the scenes kind of things, like moving all the levels into one wad and such, as well as doing music and making sure the sky transfers work. I do appreciate your offer though.

You need someone that does the compiling. Sadly, I'm kinda bad at compiling stuff....

1 hour ago, leodoom85 said:

You need someone that does the compiling. Sadly, I'm kinda bad at compiling stuff....

Its okay. I've tried asking a few more common names around here, but they're all really busy with their own projects. I'll be back at it soon, just getting over this damn flu.

Just now, Phade102 said:

Its okay. I've tried asking a few more common names around here, but they're all really busy with their own projects. I'll be back at it soon, just getting over this damn flu.

Oh, you still had the flu? I'm not at 100% also but get better.

29 minutes ago, Poohlyash said:

Ey i got mouse yesterday, so i made an update fixing @MysteriousHaruko's issues with my wad, like how easy it was to softlock yourself, lack of difficulty options, and forsed pickups. So yea, cn u plz mak demo nao :3 ?

Mak dem plz.zip

Alright, I'll do this, but after I finish some non Doom related stuff. @Poohlyash you put dbs file not main wad. update link once again.

Edited by MysteriousHaruko