Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UglyStru

If you had to choose only 3 video games to play for the rest of your life...

1. Doom 2 (with PWADs and Doom Builder) - Endless content
  2. Overwatch - Endless replayability
  3. Mass Effect 2 (or whole trilogy please) - Endless enjoyment

1. Doom 2

edit: I edited this thread because I wasn't entirely confident with my 2nd and 3rd choices.

Edited by Ajora

2 hours ago, LordShadowZ said:

Mass Effect 2 (or whole trilogy please) - Endless enjoyment

Actually that's a good one, and I'd be conflicted between this and Doom 3.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Call of Pripyat with the Call of Chernobyl mod, basically puts the maps of all 3 games into one huge clusterfuck. 

Garry's Mod - with all those different gamemodes and addons, this propably has to be the most versatile one.

Gothic 3 + addon with all the community patches(else it's just a bugfest). 

RuneScape - just for the sake of being one of my first online experiences ever and looking at it's development, I won't get bored that easily.

Edited by torekk

1) Classic Doom (which includes Ultimate, Doom II, and Final Doom since they are all classic Doom in a sense)

2) Duke Nukem 3D

3) Serious Sam HDs

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past -- If I'm allowed to have Emulator use and Randomizer, then I get endless amount of runs that won't be the same.

Minecraft : Well, I gotta let my building wander a bit, so tis be that. Mods are a must inclusion.

Classic Doom : ^ Same reason honestly.

Seeing as mods are allowed:

1- Doom 2

2- Super Mario World

3- Tetris

(I could get by on Doom2 multiplayer and Tetris multiplayer, but I sure would miss Street Fighter, Smash Bros and Mario Kart..)

49 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

3- Tetris

May I know what type of Tetris? I guess maybe multiplayer ones, with lots of t-spin shows in it? My favorite is TGM3, but some people may think this is a spin-off, not actually an official game.

TGM3 looks frigging incredible, this is my first time ever hearing of it! I was thinking SNES Tetris, the one that comes bundled with Dr. Mario (another game I love). I'll have to give TGM3 a try some time against human opponents, I really dig it based on what I see just on Youtube.

8 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

TGM3 looks frigging incredible, this is my first time ever hearing of it! I was thinking SNES Tetris, the one that comes bundled with Dr. Mario (another game I love). I'll have to give TGM3 a try some time against human opponents, I really dig it based on what I see just on Youtube.

Oh, TGM3 is a single player game, but basically it follows modern Tetris guideline except for the randomization system. Multiplayer Tetris can be Tetris Online Poland (abbr. TOP), which follows the modern multiplayer guideline for Tetris.

There are Tetris 2 & 3 on SNES, which are also really great since they have a puzzle mode. I like these games too.

Pretty tough. Probably something like...

1. War for the Overworld or Company of Heroes

2. Risk of Rain or Devil Daggers

3. MGS 5 or Resident Evil or The Witcher 3

Sorry, I can't really choose. I like games too much.

Yeah no, impossible, you're making me juggle Wolf3D, Doom 1/2, Blood, Quake, about three Carmageddon games, the first four Silent Hill games, Diablo 1/2, Unreal, F.E.A.R. etc.

Ur a monster.

I would, like most of you, pick the games that also have a lot of modding and/or mapping potential, and therefore have endless content. I'd have to say:

1) Warcraft III: TFT

2) Doom 2

3) Thief 2 TMA

All three of these games are sequels or expansions, and have more content than the original while still running on the same engine. I could totally survive decades with these games :)

P.S.: And I think my fourth pick would have to be either TES: Morrowind or Oblivion, Gothic 1 or 2, or Deus Ex. I just wanted to mention those :)

The first would be some chess program. You can keep playing your whole life and still always lose to the computer. Second maybe go, where apparently it's realistic to hope to beat the machine. I'll have to think about the third.

Doom 2 I guess

MOUNT AND MOTHEFUCKING BLADE (bannerlord I have long lif I cannot base my decision on this alone) (I've also gotta learn how to mod to implement wh40k elements into it) (and counter strike)

If I get to have it on Steam, instead of having a pirated copy, Garry's Mod! I remember I played this a entire year 3-4 years ago and I did not mind!

15 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Path of pathfinder, aka path of CI+VP, aka path of ES, aka Path of crit, aka path of double-dipping, aka path of AOE, aka path of projectile... Also otherwise known as path of clearspeed meta... And soon to come, just to add to path of projectile: path of lifenodes + VP + zerker... I used to speedrun that game before they made it path of casual...

Idk when the last time you played was. Double-dipping has been pretty much eliminated. 3.0 is nerfing the absolute hell out of ES. VP will no longer have any effect on ES. It will still be strong with Life builds but it's not like you can run a Berserker with VP and go face tank the Shaper.

EVERY ARPG consists of crit and AoE, come on... you can't even say that as an insult. That's like getting mad at Doom because they put guns in it. I also don't see the problem with projectiles... The last broken build I could recall that involved projectiles was HoWA Spectral Throw. Before that, top meta builds were melee. 

14 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

The thing was back then, you don't have monthly in Chinese WoW. They only charged you by game time, so most players just rushed through things.

Chinese WoW sounded awful. Who put those regulations on it? Blizzard or China? 

Doom 2, Minecraft and Final Fantasy 14. I used to play wow, but its become all bout the raiders as of late, and i'm just not into it. Final fantasy 14 is far more social.

UFO Enemy Unknown, which never loses tension no matter how many times you've beaten the game

...uh, that's the only good game in the world

I'm analyzing all my other favourite games in my head and:

Doom 2 has 32 levels and half of them are over in a blink and I have 'em all memorized in any case and am too casual to be a speedrunner

Captive has more content than you can ever beat in one lifetime, but you largely have to play the missions linearly and the algorithm that creates them does seem to force you to play them the same way every time

Morrowind is largely fetch quests and sandstorm noises

Daggerfall may have the biggest game world ever and have gorgeous music but it's a series of rote, generative suggestions-of-gameplay and the dungeons are worse than Arena's - not to say I don't love the game's _potential_ but you really have to work your imagination

Ultima 4, 5 and the Underworlds are super-completionist games which you cannot possibly forget after beating them the first time, and same goes for Hexen and System Shock

...a lot of my favourite games often create difficulty through irritation and despite cherishing them I'd hardly wanna revisit 'em - imagine playing Lemmings again!

I guess it is time I check some new-yet-retro stuff on GOG; anyone got any suggestions for a FPSsy-puzzly-dungeon crawly gamer?

Edited by yakfak

Doom II would be a very obvious first choice for me. The other two... will be reserved.

8 hours ago, Nevander said:

1) Classic Doom (which includes Ultimate, Doom II, and Final Doom since they are all classic Doom in a sense)

YOU'RE CHEATING :P

15 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

World of Warcraft minus Legion

Hey, as someone who also played WoW in most of its incarnations but was generally disappointed with everything that came after Cataclysm, I am curious as to what it was about Legion that was the final straw for you? Especially since it seems to be widely regarded as the great comeback and has gained a lot of positive media coverage.

Doom 2:

With a lifetime supply of pwads, replay level is further enhanced by options for pistol starts, no saves, and nightmare mode. And since it can't be regarded as a game itself, Doombuilder shall accompany.

Morrowind

Xenoblade

Doom 2(maps, mods, endless fun), Mugen (endless content, great for making a full fighting game), DBZ BT3 (best 3D DBZ fighter, XV ain't got nothing on this).