Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
antares031

Age of Empires: Definitive Edition

For those who didn't hear about this one yet. Age of Empires, a 20-years old classic real-time strategy game, will receive the new remastered version called "Age of Empires: Definitive Edition", and it will be released later this year. It's being developed by Forgotten Empires, the developers who made the recent expansion packs of AoE II HD. But unlike AoE II HD, this mastered version will include upgraded art assets, completely new narration throughout, hundreds of new and rebuilt sound effects, and even classic mode to reminisce your nostalgic memory from the past.

To me, this is another interesting news about the classic RTS, followed by Blizzard's Starcraft: Remastered. After the release of AoE II HD, I was always expecting the remastered version of the original AoE I, since it's the very first RTS game I've ever played in my life, even earlier than Starcraft. And here it is, my another personal wish about the classic RTS games from my childhood is about to be granted in this year. I'm so happy to hear this one, and I'm ready to "keep calm and wololo" again.

It is exclusive to the Windows Store ... lol Microsoft

37 minutes ago, VGA said:

It is exclusive to the Windows Store ... lol Microsoft

Meh. I'll wait for it to eventually end up on Steam, just like Halo Wars and Killer Instinct.

1 hour ago, CARRiON said:

...I'll wait for it to eventually end up on Steam, just like Halo Wars and Killer Instinct.

Same here. I bet this one will be released on Steam eventually.