Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

The Joy of Mapping 4: Summer School - FINAL.

uh...not here or else, you or me won't get the link for the mapset...

Leave it breezeep tbh, the other thread is gone and now hopefully that's the end of that shite - no need to continue it further :)

Back to the maps, I still can't believe that there are 41 (or 42?) maps. This will be fun to play.

I uploaded JoM 3 to YT and this mapset will be no exception. I wonder if I'll play with a mod...thinking

Yeah will have to give this one a shot when it's out - wish I could've got at least something playable on time though, hoped to make a real standout with those rainbow lights x_x

5 hours ago, SArais said:

Huh. So be it. You need better staff, Jimmy. These "tutors" seek only to drive our community into the ground, unappreciative of the new-blood, and absolutely zero consideration for any point of view that isn't their own. Extremely selfish.

Your map gave me an aneurysm trying to figure out what the fuck you were doing. 10/10 would feed to my cat.

@Linguica

Please do something about SArais.

Anyway. Most of the maps were pretty great, especially given the time restriction. Some need a lot of work but have potential.

One thing for tutors to consider is to be more involved in the creation process, especially at the beginning. 

Just popping in to say this was quite a fun and impressive mapping event to be a part of. Looking very forward to the next one Jimmy boi :)

...:c
so many maps!

*Kurashiki wags wantail and looks forward to see them*

Edited by Kurashiki

@bioshockfan90 Sure thing: here's the people you need to credit for the texture wads:

E1: NiGHTMARE's Gothmash plus edits from CC4-tex, Cage's cagetex 1 and 2, Memento Mori II textures, Fuzzball's "FULLWAD" texture wad, Johnathan Rimmer's "Erratic" texture WAD, Plutonia 2 textures by Thomas van der Velden, WolfenDoom textures by Laz Rojas, two grass textures by Tormentor667.

E2: RottKing's koultex, Johnathan Rimmer's "Erratic" texture WAD, Memento Mori II textures, autumnal textures recolored by Jimmy, four wood textures edited from a texture by Tom Mustaine from Perdition's Gate (edited by Jimmy).

E3: RottKing's koultex, rf`'s "helltx", NiGHTMARE's "Recolored Doom" texture WAD.

E4: Jimmy's zoon-tex, B.P.R.D.'s Equinox texture set (edits by me and Pinchy), tube textures from Deus Vult 2 and Valiant.

Doom 1 textures (d1gfxd2.wad) Plutonia textures, and bits of my zoon-tex texture WAD and Jimmytex(-lite) are also included in all of these.

I think that's everything.

Congratulations everybody for all of your hard work! Record number of maps this time! :D

Major credit to Jimmy for all of the hard work and thanks to everybody else involved too~!

Trophy_of_the_plants.png

At last! As soon as I've finished No End In Sight I shall make it my next streaming priority to play this, which I've been eagerly anticipating.

3 hours ago, Suitepee said:

At last! As soon as I've finished No End In Sight I shall make it my next streaming priority to play this, which I've been eagerly anticipating.

You won't be disappointed :)

Anyone that contributed to the mapset here, I have a question. Is there any map that has portals? That's because I'm testing the wad with Zandronum...

What's the audio name for e4m3?  It's not really referenced in MAPINFO.

An amazing mapset.  The locations look like the description in the title, not a typical doom palette (Almost Ribbiks-like) and not infuriatingly hard/switch-hunty/"where do I go next".

I've pushed out a very quick hotfix to address some pressing issues that were found.

Public Beta 1.1 (30MB)

Changes:

• Crucial hotfix to E2M7 to give a door the proper key lock.
  • Small updates to E1M4, E2M8.
  • Change of music to E1M4 per the mapper's request.
  • Fixed small visual glitch in the hub.
  • The modified IDCLEV cheat was found to break the IDCLIP an IDCHOPPERS cheats due to beginning with "IDC". Have renamed the 3-digit level warp cheat to IDROSS as a result. IDCLEV will still work, but for the Doom 2 IWAD maps.
Edited by Jimmy

16 minutes ago, invictius said:

What's the audio name for e4m3?  It's not really referenced in MAPINFO.

An amazing mapset.  The locations look like the description in the title, not a typical doom palette (Almost Ribbiks-like) and not infuriatingly hard/switch-hunty/"where do I go next".

You can find credits for all the music used in the jom4maps.txt file found in the zip archive, and in the pk3 itself.

E4M3's theme is a MIDI version of my track "Time Dilation".

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

You can find credits for all the music used in the jom4maps.txt file found in the zip archive, and in the pk3 itself.

E4M3's theme is a MIDI version of my track "Time Dilation".

I might commission a MIDI at some stage, how many of your midis for this project are in your jukebox wad?

I think I'll wait for the official release if the bugs are still there ;)

10 hours ago, invictius said:

I might commission a MIDI at some stage, how many of your midis for this project are in your jukebox wad?

I keep all of my MIDIs here now since I haven't been able to update Jukebox in forever:

http://jamespaddockmusic.com/midi-files/

Commission info/examples are here:

http://jamespaddockmusic.com/midi-commissions/

http://jamespaddockmusic.com/commissions-list/

Gonna give this a playtest/stream in like 10 minutes. Haven't gotten around to playing JoM3 but 1 and 2 were good fun!

Kinda torn on if I should play with free-look or locked Y-axis.

Edit: Suppose linking my stream would.. help haha: https://www.twitch.tv/megablast98