Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maisth

Steam sales

Recommended Posts

Ahhhhh, I wasn't clued in to the Steam sale. Time to go in there and poke around.

 

The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later.

 

Oh well, time to do something else.

Share this post


Link to post

No money for the games this time. Atleast I can put virtual stickers on virtual sticker book and sell cards, lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, GarrettChan said:

I stopped buying unnecessary games after I discovered I couldn't finish so many games.

I play some games only for cards. After I get them all - I sell them or create badge. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

I play some games only for cards. After I get them all - I sell them or create badge. 

Yeah, mostly like this. One of my friend is an achievement freak, and he always decides whether to buy the game on difficulty of getting 100% achievement... and with cards... I just think he's totally off the road for too far... The thing is he didn't play games on Steam until I introduce Steam to him. I feel so weird!

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

he always decides whether to buy the game on difficulty of getting 100% achievement...

There are quite a few interesting ones out there for him. 100% any CAVE shmup on steam is gonna take a while ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, GarrettChan said:

Yeah, mostly like this. One of my friend is an achievement freak, and he always decides whether to buy the game on difficulty of getting 100% achievement... and with cards... I just think he's totally off the road for too far...

I mostly grind on visual novels for easier achievements. Well, it would hurt him, if he accidentally lose his steam account.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

There are quite a few interesting ones out there for him. 100% any CAVE shmup on steam is gonna take a while ;-)

Well, he doesn't play STG, but talking about this, I'm going to pay some attention to CAVE STGs in order to get some in low price. The thing is I can't tolerate TH15 for some reason. Maybe I'm bad at bullet hell STGs now, or may TH and CAVE STGs should be compared with each other.

 

3 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

I mostly grind on visual novels for easier achievements. Well, it would hurt him, if he accidentally lose his steam account.

There are some difficult 100% he achieved, but sometimes there's a very good game I want to recommend, then he replies, "no achievement, boring!". I'll just feel... you know. (Kind of exaggerated to show the feeling ;P)

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, GarrettChan said:

Well, he doesn't play STG, but talking about this, I'm going to pay some attention to CAVE STGs in order to get some in low price. The thing is I can't tolerate TH15 for some reason. Maybe I'm bad at bullet hell STGs now, or may TH and CAVE STGs should be compared with each other.

Personally, I think many bullet-hell games share obvious similarities, while they still promote a different play style. Deathsmiles is relatively easy to beat just by bullet herding alone, and it is relatively easy to route. So in that sense it is fairly welcoming if you just want survival. Scoring in DS is a different matter though. I think DS is a game that is easy to survive, but there's a lot of finesse to scoring. That being said, it kind of eases you into scoring a bit, because some aspects of scoring also increase your odds of survival quite a bit while still being difficult to execute perfectly for maximum effect.

 

Mushihimesama is harder to play for survival alone, but not to the point of being brutal. If you're new to the genre, you may want to start with novice-normal 1cc, and then follow up with novice maniac 1cc. If you can do both of those, you've already outgrown novice difficulty, while also having a basic route in mind for the non-novice settings. Some people tried this approach and they were quite satisfied with how well it went for them, so maybe it works for you as well. Arrange and Ultra are different beasts though. Scoring is a bit more intricate. Optimize at your own risk.

 

DDP Dai-Fukkatsu is relatively easy to survive for a 1all, or maybe even a 2all with some practice, which is due to how you can cancel bullets during hypers, plus you also have bombs just in case. DDP DFK is fast paced compared to Mushihimesama in my opinion, and it has a lot less slowdown. Scoring is a literal bitch in DDP DFK though. ;-)

Share this post


Link to post

@GarrettChan Seems like he'd LOVE The Stanley Parable. "Go Outside" is a prime example: to get that achievement, you just have to NOT play the game for 5 years. Or "88888888" where you have to press one button for 8 hours(I think, could be more or less). Or "The Commitment" where you have to play the game for 24 hours on a tuesday... Then there's "unachievable", which basically is just completely random and the requirements change dynamically, so you don't even know what you did to get it.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Mushihimesama is harder to play for survival alone, but not to the point of being brutal. If you're new to the genre, you may want to start with novice-normal 1cc, and then follow up with novice maniac 1cc. If you can do both of those, you've already outgrown novice difficulty, while also having a basic route in mind for the non-novice settings. Some people tried this approach and they were quite satisfied with how well it went for them, so maybe it works for you as well. Arrange and Ultra are different beasts though. Scoring is a bit more intricate. Optimize at your own risk.

DS seems a horizontal scroller? If so, I'm not interested into that. I got Mushihimesama just now.

 

1CC = 1 Coin Clear/No Continue Clear? I like how they setup the Novice Original to get new players into games. I am not used to having two type of fire modes having different speed since in Touhou series, there's a particular button for "slow moving". Well, definitely Novice Original/Maniac are easy enough for me to clear without continue at the first time. Definitely will try the Normal/Arrange mode in the future. Gold nuggets scared a bomb out of me, which is hilarious. Then I discovered every bullet is purple, so it's definitely a very player friendly design. I've experience very heavy performance problem from time to time. I don't know whether this is my computer's problem. Don't know why they give me a feeling it's just an embedded MAME emulator.

 

13 minutes ago, torekk said:

@GarrettChan Seems like he'd LOVE The Stanley Parable. "Go Outside" is a prime example: to get that achievement, you just have to NOT play the game for 5 years. Or "88888888" where you have to press one button for 8 hours(I think, could be more or less). Or "The Commitment" where you have to play the game for 24 hours on a tuesday... Then there's "unachievable", which basically is just completely random and the requirements change dynamically, so you don't even know what you did to get it.

Well... to be honest, even I, as a close friend as his (sort of), don't understand his taste and standards. I'll try to introduce these to him.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Don't know why they give me a feeling it's just an embedded MAME emulator.

The slowdown is there for a reason. It emulates the original PCB behaviour in the arcades. CAVE flooded the sprite buffers of arcade machines on purpose to create these slowdowns.

Share this post


Link to post

A bunch of my wishlisted are on sale, including the ones on and near the top.

Share this post


Link to post

A friend gave me Talasman of the something, digital edition. My Steam friends usually give me terrible games because they know I get inspired by them.... because I can't do any worse.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

The slowdown is there for a reason. It emulates the original PCB behaviour in the arcades. CAVE flooded the sprite buffers of arcade machines on purpose to create these slowdowns.

Oh, thanks for the explanation. I don't have a chance to play games on Arcades.

Share this post


Link to post

just bought the wolfenstein pack, the quake pack, and the doom 3 pack. been wanting to play all these games for a while so im glad to get them all for just a little over 10 bucks.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, moonboot said:

just bought the wolfenstein pack, the quake pack, and the doom 3 pack. been wanting to play all these games for a while so im glad to get them all for just a little over 10 bucks.

Welcome to the inescapable pit with damaging floor ;P

Share this post


Link to post

Their sale is too late for me, GOG and Humble bundle had all the games I wanted. I tried to look around in the store for new game but god the GUI is freaking aweful.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

I stopped buying unnecessary games after I discovered I couldn't finish so many games.

Pretty much this, my steam library is filled with games i bought from previous sales, half of them i haven't got the chance to play them ever since i got a full time job. Kinda sucks that now that i have the means to buy games digitally i don't have the time to play them like i used to.

Share this post


Link to post

I gotta save my money for rebuilding my scooter. I got 4MYR remaining in my wallet and bought insurgency. it's 3MYR here.

Share this post


Link to post

I bought Elite Dangerous and the Quake collection, which includes all the classic Quake titles up to and including Quake 3 and Quake 3 Team Arena.

I'm not much of a "hardcore gamer", so this should last me a while.

Share this post


Link to post

Bought Serious Sam 1, 2 and 3, Skullgirls, Shantae: Risky's Revenge, Sleeping Dogs, and Killing Floor 2 so far. Flat broke right now, so I'm gonna have to wait till the 1st to hoard more games. Boy, I love this time of year.

Share this post


Link to post

If anyone needs a somewhat more detailed way to decide what to buy you can try https://steamdb.info/sales/ .

Another way is the daily gamedeals sub reddit steam sale posts (I linked day 2, day 1 has a different thread, Even more deals are in comments)

 

Spoiler

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

has anyone here played the game Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight before? it got recommended to me on steam and it looks really cute, but i don't want to impulse buy it.

 

EDIT: never mind, i caved in. it's so cute and someone in the reviews said it's like a 2D Bloodborne and i love Bloodborne... forgive me

Edited by moonboot

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×