Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

Theory: Betruger is actually the devil all along

On 7/24/2017 at 2:54 PM, hardcore_gamer said:

The Jaunt isn't very similar to Doom honestly except that both involve teleportation. One thing that kinda bothers me about these type of stories is that nobody ever seems to care/notice all of these horrible side effects. Like, when the research staff in Doom 3 discovered that the portal was leading to hell (it's confirmed in the PDAs you discover that they knew this) did nobody care? Why is it that once they discovered what was on the other side that they did not instantly destroy the portals?

It's kind of similar. Both involve teleportation, both involve Mars, both involve man peering into the gulf of the unknown, man paying the price. 

Good theory but I'm with Voros on this one.

I do think he was given power to summon and control Demons as a general or special agent of Hell to ensure the Gate is open for an invasion. I believe he is similar to Olivier Pierce in this regards, promised power and screwed with their mental state.

Compare these people to other fictional universes where the bad figurehead or diluted cultists serve evil but are merely peons and likely to suffer the same fate as the masses. They think they are special and part of the greater power.

On 6/22/2017 at 1:24 PM, hardcore_gamer said:

Do you think it's possible that Betruger is actually the devil all along?

It's not only possible, but quitle likely. Either that or he is actually a very high-ranking demon who has a lot of influence. But based on my experience of the game he probably is Satan in human form. Not much of a stretch to assume that, I'd say.

I think there's a high chance that he was very close to Satan. I don't think he was the demon king himself but as a possessed he had the power to start and lead the invasion. As a right hand, Betruger could have played this role.

As my personal idea, I think there are special kind of evil souls that can take over bodies and also keep the original spirit as a witness of the actions (for torturing). They don't turn people into zombies and demons or whatever they could. No, this is all about the undercover. Getting people under their control is the best way to reach their goals. And all because those unlucky bastards were too unstable or weak inside (loss, mental breakdown and so on). The weaker a man is, the easiest to take over. 

Betruger was just perfect for their newest task. A doctor who had suffered too much during his life became a target and later a faithful commander. It was his choice to go through the portal to hell, he may have talked to them there, giving an even stronger and fatal push to his old self. He was a maniac at that point with no regrets. 

Edited by BlackDahlia1997