Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Barons O' Fun

What's Your Best Personal Doom Achievement ?

Mine would probably have to be completing the entire Doom 1 game (Thy Flesh Consumed excluded) without dying once in Ultra-Violence difficulty.

I think the best thing I've managed to do is finishing The Ultimate Doom and almost all of Doom 2 in UV with pistol starts and avoiding secrets. A considerable amount of saves were used, though.

Played through UDoom and Doom 2 on UV and fast mode, and punching a Cyberdemon to death.

Edited by Avoozl

1 hour ago, Linguica said:

*motions to website on which this is posted*

Yeah signing up to this forum was the biggest achievement of my life.

I pistol started on UV for D1/2 but not Final.

Finishing my first map. Hot damn that was a marathon effort when you're starting out!

Absolutely motherfuckingly nothing. Because whatever I do, there is someone who is doing it better, and in a wild case that during some point in space and time I had managed to do something better than anyone else, it gets no recognition so no.

That or I have no clue about what achievements are and the norms which classify a achievement in Doom (game and community). At this point in time and space I can only gain experience.

4 minutes ago, Battle_Kirby said:

whatever I do, there is someone who is doing it better

that isn't true, you are the best at being Battle_Kirby :)

10 minutes ago, moonboot said:

that isn't true, you are the best at being Battle_Kirby :)

Troo dat, but something tells me someone is going to beat me even at that and post a speedrun about it

Finishing a no-upgrades run of DOOM '16 on Hurt Me Plenty. Not too impressive, I know, but whatever.

Pistol only  Episode 1 is the recent achievement. Surviving a level or two of nuts level monsters on Oblige would be another recent one.

Other than that Ultra Violence through both games... but that was 2 decades ago.

I have no clue. I want to say making a long walkthrough of Cheogsh or something like all those secrets I document on Doomwiki, mostly because I hang around the wiki more than the forums.

Personal achievement? Beating the SNES Doom version in Ultraviolence in one go back in the day (in original hardware) because you CAN'T save the whole game...