Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ghost-Cat-Sarah

any artists here?

Recommended Posts

i kind of consider myself an artist, since i'm new here and kinda shy to share my own artwork, i would like to see other people's amazing art on here :) care to share?

Share this post


Link to post

Welcome to Doomworld! I'm sure you'll find some members who are artists here in this forum. When you're ready to post some art, you can do so there.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm no artist. I usually hire artists to do art. With that said my art is getting better. I spent a horrific hour making a tree and I pixel arted maybe 5 hours in the past 24 hours. *edit* Make that 7+ hours.

 

Ling's animated avatar is my art.

Edited by geo

Share this post


Link to post

While it might be way too soon for me to even be speaking to you since you're a new member and all...here, check out the "creative works" subforum where I have posted a thread entitled Doomworld Members' Sketchbook.  Once there, you can view my artwork, and the artwork of many of Doomworld's members.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/25/2017 at 9:34 PM, Mr. Freeze said:

If being a musician and a writer constitutes being an artist I qualify. 

I'd qualify as well. Plus, I consider myself a reasonable sketch artist (pencils) as well as a water color artist.

 

I've done quite a bit of wood-working too, but I'm not sure that would be considered "art".

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, ReX said:

I've done quite a bit of wood-working too, but I'm not sure that would be considered "art".

Are you kidding? Of course that qualifies as art.

Share this post


Link to post

Edit: Drawing removed. I'm pretty sure nobody would want to look at what I had here.

Edited by Ajora

Share this post


Link to post

I figured that by posting a slab of dreck people with actual talent would feel less embarrassed to share their works. I play piano, but don't write anything of my own. There's numerous definitions as to what an artist is, but I've always thought of artists as individuals who create their own art, rather than replicate other people's. 

Share this post


Link to post

I've lost quite a lot of my enthusiasm for art after attending (and subsequently getting kicked out of) art school. I still do some digital artwork sometimes, though. Spriting/pixel work is one of my favorites, I'm even an official artist on a pixel art-based browser game (admittedly, with 1 very outdated on-site contribution that doesn't reflect my art level anymore). Here's a slightly old example of my pixel art:

 

gw3qgnd.png

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, 129thVisplane said:

gw3qgnd.png

Very nice. Now if you could do the frames for a decent animation, you'd have sprites for a very formidable (Heretic or HeXen) enemy.

Share this post


Link to post

I love to draw. One of my many aspirations is to become half as utterly amazing as WalkingMelonsAAA.

I do have a Deviantart under the same name as my account here, but the stuff in it is so shite I'm gonna delete it when I can.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, 129thVisplane said:

I've lost quite a lot of my enthusiasm for art after attending (and subsequently getting kicked out of) art school. I still do some digital artwork sometimes, though. Spriting/pixel work is one of my favorites, I'm even an official artist on a pixel art-based browser game (admittedly, with 1 very outdated on-site contribution that doesn't reflect my art level anymore). Here's a slightly old example of my pixel art:

 

gw3qgnd.png

That's awesome! Do you do commissions? 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ReX said:

Very nice. Now if you could do the frames for a decent animation, you'd have sprites for a very formidable (Heretic or HeXen) enemy.

It's actually already fan art of a Heretic-based enemy, the antaresias from Struggle. I could try to animate it, though. Could be a fun challenge.

 

36 minutes ago, Mr. Freeze said:

That's awesome! Do you do commissions? 

Not really honestly, I find them too stressful. Sorry man. Thanks though.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm writer, but I write in my native language and translate everything in english would take some time and accuracy would be lost. I even dreamed study creative writing, but I don't have money for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

I'm writer, but I write in my native language and translate everything in english would take some time and accuracy would be lost. I even dreamed study creative writing, but I don't have money for it. 

Art transcends language and geographic boundaries. Therefore, while it may not seem very artistic when translated to a different language, it remains art in its original language.

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, 129thVisplane said:

I've lost quite a lot of my enthusiasm for art after attending art school.

 

You'd be surprised how often this is a thing. Or not, sadly.

Related: I attended an art school. ;)

Share this post


Link to post

I did 3 more days of art. To my amazement posting in on Twitter lead to by far my most popular Tweet. Well worth the 3 days. Even managed to net 45 followers... at least until their add bots unfollow me 3 days later for not following them back.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Jayextee said:

 

You'd be surprised how often this is a thing. Or not, sadly.

Related: I attended an art school. ;)

The consensus I heard amongst the people I knew that attended Berkeley was a sheer sense of exhaustion is omnipresent- spend all day playing a guitar/indulging your passion and said passion quickly wears out and becomes just another job. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Doominator2 said:

I painted this 3 years ago lol.

Nicely done. And very much topical, as well. [I like the white background, in contrast to the typically very dark colors of the game itself.]

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×